Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Marino.
FruitPunchNinja
Back Lot Basher
Christoph
IV_Mark_VI
Mr. Tart
TehInfamousAmos
Alara78
Glutebrah
ViralEnsign_
Siegfried.
mugenis4real
Seignar
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
Joichiro
RANT
xSomax
T-King-667
25 posters

Rings discussion

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Rings discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Rings discussion

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm

My go to rings (for PvP... PvE totally depends on what you're fighting):

These are for a Dex/Faith build that uses Sunlight Blade, Darkmoon Blade, and Great Magic Barrier. Uses Falchion and Dragon Slayer Spear

DWGR (this should be most people's top ring, honestly)
    Lingering Dragon Crest (great for casting your buffs before you engage)
    Wolf Ring (great for going up against someone who is built to stunlock, just use a buff on your falchion, equip this, and trade blows)
    Ring of the Sun's Firstborn (for people that are really good and you have a hard time punishing with parries/backstabs)
    Hornet Ring (for gankers)
    Fog Ring (for gankers to buy you time to size up the situation)
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Cloranthy Ring and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring...

RoFaP is to OP IMO which is why I don't wear it (because of moralic reasons).
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 pm

A lot of rings are suited for specific builds or situations, so when I think about rings that are my favorites, they have to be ones that I go to a lot with any build. Havel's is one, for sure. Another that I use a lot is the Cloranthy ring, as I love the fast stamina regen.

Tiny Being is the one I think is a waste.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Havels is only good if you're going for Fat roll, or a ton of gear and will make do with Med. It's a great ring, but for PvP, DWGR pre-PTD edition is much better. It's super-roll is fantastic.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Havels is only good if you're going for Fat roll, or a ton of gear and will make do with Med. It's a great ring, but for PvP, DWGR pre-PTD edition is much better. It's super-roll is fantastic.

All good points. I think one of the reasons I haven't gone after Havel yet in that low-level run I've been doing is, it seems like overkill. I have a 25% roll with my weapons of choice, and light armor (Black, Wanderer, Crimson, or some variation), so Havel would only be overkill. Plus, rolling in heavy armor seems wrong on so many levels. I do like the poise though.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Mind you, in real life, someone with heavy armour training is exceedingly agile anyway.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:07 pm

My most used rings are Ring of Favor,Wolf,Hornet,Leo,Bellowing Dragoncrest,Havels,Red Tearstone, and i guess Cloranthy & Fog although i use those the least. Not too many other rings that are very good for pvp, but Demon's was pretty similar. Only a few ring combos that were really good, Especially if you were an invader or summon.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm

My Rings are

Havel , FaP , Wolf
    And the Bluestone and Red Stone ring in combination . I am able to take 3 Hits before biting the grass when Blue kicks in .

Rings i would like to see improve are :
    The Tiny beings ring : 10 % Health up

Gough's ring : Maybe enable you to shoot Greatbows faster ? I dont know

Also about the Wolf ring : Many Weapons strong Attacks including every Jump Attack have hyper Armor , meaning you cant be staggered so it kind of losed some use .

And The DWGr is perfect now . You can have a maximum of 40 Poise if you dont pump END . But still those invincibility frames...
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm

I only use Ring of Favor when my build is in the low-mid lvl stages. Once the build is complete I use Wolf/Havel, and switch out Red Tearstone
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Marino. wrote:My Rings are

Havel , FaP , Wolf
    And the Bluestone and Red Stone ring in combination . I am able to take 3 Hits before biting the grass when Blue kicks in .

Rings i would like to see improve are :
    The Tiny beings ring : 10 % Health up

Gough's ring : Maybe enable you to shoot Greatbows faster ? I dont know

Also about the Wolf ring : Many Weapons strong Attacks including every Jump Attack have hyper Armor , meaning you cant be staggered so it kind of losed some use .

And The DWGr is perfect now . You can have a maximum of 40 Poise if you dont pump END . But still those invincibility frames...

3 hits? What level are you? I'm nearly down after 3 hits, at least if my opponent hits as hard as me (~600 dmg).
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Some equipment is meant for early game and not end game in my opinion. Not just rings, but everything.

Tiny being's ring helps with the starting game.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm

goober0331 wrote:I only use Ring of Favor when my build is in the low-mid lvl stages. Once the build is complete I use Wolf/Havel, and switch out Red Tearstone

I actually find RoFaP to be at its best while used with SL 80-125 builds. 1800HP with 50 vitality and RoFaP is perfect for pvp, in my opinion. Also if you need to sacrifice endurance for a faith or Int build you are able to get 160 stamina with only 30 end instead of 40. To be honest the should probably nerf the additional stamina you can gain if you wear it with 40end, I'm pretty sure that is the ONLY way to get more then 160 stamina. 192 stamina is a great advantage, people sometimes take it for granted. I would say its just as much of a bonus as the additional equip weight you gain, if not more so.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm

If I switch rings too often I start thinking "maybe I would have won if I'd used the RtsR instead" and I start second-guessing my build. I'll just stick to Havel's and FaP. No complaining if I lose with that setup, I'll just tell myself to do better.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Marino. wrote:

BZZZZZZZT sorry, wrong answer.

http://tinyurl.com/9gqlo7u
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Still that is almost half the defense of a flipping giant. Also with the dragon head glitch gone not nearly as many people will have 99 humanity all the time, especially those ones who host at high level. I really like the patches they have made, except maybe the greatsword nerfs but i will wait and see how bad it is for myself. Also i do think they should have lowered some of the heavier STR weapons weight by just a few lbs.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Hopefully, no more divine blessings. One can dream.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 pm

I hate the hornet's ring with a burning passion (I use it when I have the rapier and I'm working on parries, but otherwise....)

I don't have a favorite ring really. I just....don't.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Honestly, there was absolutely no reason for divine blessing to even be in the game. Its almost like they knew that people would figure out how to glitch a bunch of them, cause seriously c'mon they are way too rare to ever really come in handy. I just put mine in the bottomless box and never even used them, i think that's what a majority of people did. Or just used them during a boss fight or something.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:10 pm

99 humanitys not hard to get, I always had it before the bb (don't know how to dragon glitch, I never bothered) and thats as a dm.

The defense also isn't the point, its the poise to avoid the stun even if they do get hit. There's also this http://tinyurl.com/9mqoggk which is just as bad, hence my wolf ring suggestion.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    goober0331 wrote:I only use Ring of Favor when my build is in the low-mid lvl stages. Once the build is complete I use Wolf/Havel, and switch out Red Tearstone

I actually find RoFaP to be at its best while used with SL 80-125 builds. 1800HP with 50 vitality and RoFaP is perfect for pvp, in my opinion. Also if you need to sacrifice endurance for a faith or Int build you are able to get 160 stamina with only 30 end instead of 40. To be honest the should probably nerf the additional stamina you can gain if you wear it with 40end, I'm pretty sure that is the ONLY way to get more then 160 stamina. 192 stamina is a great advantage, people sometimes take it for granted. I would say its just as much of a bonus as the additional equip weight you gain, if not more so.

If you need all that additional health, stamina, and equip burden to survive at higher levels then go ahead and use it. I make my builds so I dont have to.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:43 am

99 Humanity isn't hard to keep if you're an invader, since they don't lose anything. But as a host, it means always going back to farm humanities. It would be very annoying to keep topped up.

I was super bored doing even 30 humanities from those skeleton babies.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 pm

goober0331 wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:

If you need all that additional health, stamina, and equip burden to survive at higher levels then go ahead and use it. I make my builds so I dont have to.

Well those things are never bad to have, im speaking in terms of pvp by the way not pve. I totally agree that wolf/havels is a great ring combo too, especially if you are doing a build where you need to carry more weight. Ive gotten really obsessed with making all my builds work with the wolf/RoFaP combo, but wolf/Havels or even RoFaP/Havels are just as viable and will replace the DWGR. Which i have no problem with people with decent poise fast rolling, i just HATE how the ninja flipping makes the game look . Especially if they have heavy armor or giant weapons like Smoughs hammer. It's funny looking, but takes away from the atmosphere. The I-frames are still amazing, and not to be underestimated. Especially in the hands of the people who have perfected the roll bs using the DWGR, they don't really need poise. I'm sure you've run into some of them in the burg.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm

I do have a problem with people with more than 62 poise fast rolling. Presumably the point of nerfing the dwgr was to require sacrifice to get the benifits of heavy armor while maintaining movement speed, the wolf ring defeats that point by giving them the poise anyways (lets not pretend that defense over 350 makes a difference) so they're still safe from stunlocks and they have all the defense anyways.

http://tinyurl.com/8sp8kwc This is a combat ready and fully capable sl 100 build (with a couple pionts to spare) that illustrates my point, there is no sacrifice there, only gain.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Marino. wrote:

BZZZZZZZT sorry, wrong answer.

http://tinyurl.com/9gqlo7u

Why even bother ? Shrug
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:02 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8sp8kwc
    This is a combat ready and fully capable sl 100 build (with a couple
    pionts to spare) that illustrates my point, there is no sacrifice there,
    only gain.
    What is the matter with you Pirate? Everyone one knows that Hollow Solider Waistcloth, Wolf Ring, Havel's Gaunlets and Hollow Warrior Helm [For now] is the lightest method to 76 poise. You wasted a couple of precious weight points! Rings discussion - Page 2 2707236321

THIS is better
    Granted, we must admit that they at least must sacrifice another ring slot to pull this off (Or else you would have to invest extras in END)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 pm