Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
lextune
Mr. Tart
6 posters

Speckled Stoneplate Ring

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Speckled Stoneplate Ring Empty Speckled Stoneplate Ring

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:20 pm

I didn't find any topics about this one and i've never seen any discussions on the internet about it either so i thought i'd just bring it up.

While i know and understand there are several other rings that people would favor over this ring i've come to love it these recent days and..i'm horrible at explaining myself so i'll just cut it short and explain the topic:

What is your opinion on the ring? Bad or good? Why? Do you like it? Why/Why not? And if you'd like to add anything else about the ring that's just fine.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Speckled Stoneplate Ring Empty Re: Speckled Stoneplate Ring

Post by lextune Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Useful for Dragon form.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 pm

It is handy I suppose, I just put alot of other things above resistances happy
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 pm

The Speckled stoneplates specific use is for low level runs where one will not be carrying loads of humanity on them. The humanity itself gives more defense than the ring does without the need to level up, freeing up a slot for a ring with more appropriate use.

My first playthru, pre wiki, I LOVED the idea of having added defense in 3 different categories. This was before I knew about humanity increasing defense/farming humanity etc.
    Here is a basic example

Speckled Defense http://tinyurl.com/9ngbzeu 42 46 44 Magic, Fire and Light resist

Humanity Defense http://tinyurl.com/8uwcl8a 42 46 49 Magic, Fire, and Light resist
    20 soft humanity

Just doesn't make much sense to use when it comes down to it.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Suppose you have a point there.

Love it none the less. Joy
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Lol so yeh, imagine BOTH :O
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Even at low levels, I don't think any of the defense rings carry enough benefit to outweigh the RoFaP. I love the idea, I'm more of a defense over hp kinda guy, but I never use them. If defense was figured out, then perhaps some builds could really use them.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Specific areas have specific enemy's That do Specific damage, For example, After the depths to fight kellog, ceasless, and the rest of the fire enemys/bosses up to the bed of chaos. You would use the firestone plate ring over the speckled because it boosts your fire defence by 50 where as the speckled only does it by 30. Now if there were areas that have mixed enemy types attacking you with lightning/magic and fire in one area then it would be appropriate to use the speckled. But in most cases if you know what your up against your better off just useing the ring designed for that enemy where it raises the resistance higher. However, for a new player venturing into the unknown it would be useful for them to use the speckled where they dont know what they are getting themselves into and they will always be better prepared for anything.. well a bit better prepared anyways.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:33 am

T-King-667 wrote:Specific areas have specific enemy's That do Specific damage, For example, After the depths to fight kellog, ceasless, and the rest of the fire enemys/bosses up to the bed of chaos. You would use the firestone plate ring over the speckled because it boosts your fire defence by 50 where as the speckled only does it by 30. Now if there were areas that have mixed enemy types attacking you with lightning/magic and fire in one area then it would be appropriate to use the speckled. But in most cases if you know what your up against your better off just useing the ring designed for that enemy where it raises the resistance higher. However, for a new player venturing into the unknown it would be useful for them to use the speckled where they dont know what they are getting themselves into and they will always be better prepared for anything.. well a bit better prepared anyways.

2v2 pvp, you're up against a sorcerer and a pyro using lightning weps.

Quick BAM from ma spice weasel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 am