Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
KraTos5589
owaiss
goZIp666
briG
IamSam
Svennihilator
lampuiho
Danthuyer
Lossterot
Skentuey
iSephiroth
m33m3m
Zandari
AnimateCoot75
gcdiaz
Infighter
Rarayn
Xero
hacker9001
FogboundFilly4
InvictusCobra
SchokoOnkel
kazumoshi
exphilip2121
felclef
Dinako
Kiljax
McPenor
carlucio
Pesth
Casdman
PhlyingDutchman
Emergence
BackstabFisherman
Revoltage
WNxGrEeK
Bealzibob
H3adShotty
Hamare
nakato
his1n-
mofomey
blawa
Montante
DNL
49 posters

Fightclub PC SL100

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fightclub PC SL100 - Page 2 Empty Re: Fightclub PC SL100

Post by Revoltage Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm

I'll join. My gt is in my sig. I'll most likely be able to start joining in the fight clubs sometime later this week.

Is there going to be a designated time/date for fight clubs?

EDIT: I know it's been nerfed already but you might want to consider banning hornet ring as well?
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:57 am

At the moment it looks like this: you may add everyone from the Fight Club into your Friend's List and ask everyone for a duel (if they have time or want to). Later we will add certain times and tournaments happy

I will note the suggestion with the hornet ring and later we will vote for or against it happy

PS: I added a link for the chat to the description. I would suggest that you open the game with Steam --> Shift+Tab open it ingame --> and open the chat in the steam browser and continue playing normaly until someone joins the chat.
    H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by H3adShotty Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 am

DNL wrote:At the moment it looks like this: you may add everyone from the Fight Club into your Friend's List and ask everyone for a duel (if they have time or want to). Later we will add certain times and tournaments happy

I will note the suggestion with the hornet ring and later we will vote for or against it happy

PS: I added a link for the chat to the description. I would suggest that you open the game with Steam --> Shift+Tab open it ingame --> and open the chat in the steam browser and continue playing normaly until someone joins the chat.
    Brilliant idea, id anyone's up for a duel i got a SL 105 moonbro etching to duel...
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:19 am

I would like to advise the members of the Fight Club, that we have a poll running.
    Current question is, if Hornet Ring should be allowed. Poll will run for 7 days, and then I will change the topic of the poll
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:36 am

On fight club duels on PSN for Demon's Souls, the only rules were no exploiting glitches, like running firestorm/swap casting. Players would fight till someones SC breaks. Dark souls was pretty much the same, minus SC, no cheating/exploits. Those are fair rules to set.

You are setting rules against people using legitimate tactics. If certain tactics are banned then that means less people learn how to counter them.

TWOP isn't even that cheap anymore, it got severely nerfed. And why is GMB cheap? Sure its good at mitigating spell damage, but that is just a perk with a faith build, if you can't win because someone has GMB then its your fault for making such an imbalanced build. That is like someone saying warding was cheap to use in Demon's Souls PVP, and it was far better than GMB, but if they had warding, they couldn't have SC. And warding didn't do you much good vs a backstab or fire/magic damage.

Spell spamming? Those can be avoided, even WOG spammers only have a set amount of casts, and you can roll/BS them with proper timing.

No turtling? Really? lol. Can anyone else who actually knows how to PVP tell me how far turtling goes against backstab fishers, bow + poison arrows, or dead anglers?

Backstab Fishing? lol. Its more than possible to backstab fish a backstab fishermen, and occasionally I run into such people.

You may as well say no bows, no dark bead, or pursuers lol
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 am

The rules are copied from the PSN Dark Souls Fight Club, where even back stabbing is forbidden. If there would be no rules, there would be no meaning of the Fight Club, since you could just go to Arena and play as you like to.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 am

DNL wrote:The Rules are copied from the PSN Dark Souls Fight Club

lol. Other forums have fight clubs. If nobody goes up against those tactics, because they only PVP in a noob's fight club, then they won't learn to counter those tactics. But its ok to take the easy way out and just ban them. The problem is not everyone plays according to somebody elses rules.
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 am

All clubs have own rules. Else there would be no meaning in joining any clubs. There are guilds/teams/clans like Dragon Bros or Moonlight Bros who allow certain weapons and armor to use and I don't think you would go there and say:"DUDES, WHATS WRONG WITH OTHER WEAPONS? CAN'T FIGHT THEM, OR WHAT?". We have already a lot of people who joined us and are having fun fighting with THESE rules we have, so I can't see your point. If you like using all weapons and spells you have, then just invade other worlds and have your own fun.
    Hamare
    Hamare

Post by Hamare Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:21 pm

BackstabFisherman wrote:

lol. Other forums have fight clubs. If nobody goes up against those tactics, because they only PVP in a noob's fight club, then they won't learn to counter those tactics. But its ok to take the easy way out and just ban them. The problem is not everyone plays according to somebody elses rules.

It's simple. Ask someone for a duel, and agree upon rules. If you both agree to chain backstab, turtle, and run around with 8 set of WOG, go ahead!

The posted rules are a base upon which we can build a community of avid duelers. Don't like the rules? Start a duel club of backstab fishermen, WOG trawlers, and TWOP anglers.

I would like to thank DNL for taking the initiative for this.
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Hamare wrote:
    BackstabFisherman wrote:

It's simple. Ask someone for a duel, and agree upon rules. If you both agree to chain backstab, turtle, and run around with 8 set of WOG, go ahead!

The posted rules are a base upon which we can build a community of avid duelers. Don't like the rules? Start a duel club of backstab fishermen, WOG trawlers, and TWOP anglers.

I would like to thank DNL for taking the initiative for this.

You guys aren't going to improve vs fighting against those tactics. Sounds more like a group of whiners who get beat once or twice to a specific tactic, label it cheap, and avoid using it in their little group. It suits me just fine if very few actually know how to deal with a backstab fisherman. lol. A real good player is going to know how to deal with each of those gimmicks.

I'm sure everyone that played Demon's Souls remembers how cheap running firestorm was. I had that used on me so much, that I eventually found ways to beat it, and then no longer even cared if someone did that or not.

If you guys are butt sensitive over cheapness, you should definitely ban the hornet's ring, because some builds can still 1hko you with it. I just don't want anyone getting :x over a 1hko backstab *sarcasm*. Only a backstab/parry fisherman would even use that ring, other playing styles just don't really justify a ring slot for 25% extra backstab/riposte damage.

Something else I might recommend is not even keeping score, because everyone is a winner, right? lol *Sarcasm*
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:17 pm

I don't get the point of your arguing. No one is forcing you to follow any rules and if you don't like it, why are you even writing here? I assume you are doing it, because are an obvious troll who is having fun, when someone feels offended through your posts etc.. The best thing would be just to stop feeding the troll.
    dot.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 pm

If a number of people are in agreement with the rules and wish to organize duels under those rules, then that is their prerogative to do so. Any individuals who are in disagreement with those rules are free to organize another fight club with a modified set of rules more in conjunction with their views such as a "No Holds" fight club.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm down. GFWL/Steam: PhlyingDutchman
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Emergence wrote:If a number of people are in agreement with the rules and wish to organize duels under those rules, then that is their prerogative to do so. Any individuals who are in disagreement with those rules are free to organize another fight club with a modified set of rules more in conjunction with their views such as a "No Holds" fight club.

Logic? what is this madness
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Put me on the list too Steam ID: Hurlockbr, GFWL: Pesth (just like the forum) what time are you guys planning to do the FC?!

oh, and you guys should definitly start thinking about a SL 50 FC, is much easyer doing the builds =)
    H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by H3adShotty Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm currently running around doing nothing giving the Obsidian greatsword a try, pretty fun! Anybody up to duel give me a shout on GfWL
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:05 am

I see no point of baning spell spam and turtling, those are fair tatics and i don't think we should force players to player in a way that favor us and make them unconfortable.

My character is a faith/dex build with uchigatana, i have 3 skill slots and i use 3 wrath of the gods, 10 great lightning spear and sunlight blade, by choosing to do that i spent only 20 points on vitality and endurance.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 am

carlucio wrote:I see no point of baning spell spam and turtling, those are fair tatics and i don't think we should force players to player in a way that favor us and make them unconfortable.

My character is a faith/dex build with uchigatana, i have 3 skill slots and i use 3 wrath of the gods, 10 great lightning spear and sunlight blade, by choosing to do that i spent only 20 points on vitality and endurance.

The point in banning this tatics is that they are very boring to play against... the fight club is made for pure enjoyment in pvp with people you like and know, if you want to get spammed by wrath of the kings or fight for 40 minutes against a spear turtle is better to try invading them going to a plca that you know you will fight against good players and fun and "not boring" tactics
    McPenor
    McPenor

Post by McPenor Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:09 am

In

GFWL: McPenor

Steam: McPenor

Is there a steam group?
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Nope, not yet. Currently we are using GFWL or Steam chat. Would like to use the chat I organized winking
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am

It is time for the first tournament! Everyone can sign up here.
    Fightclub PC SL100 - Page 2 Pc_tou10
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 pm

whoa cool I was hoping for one of these. Sign me up!!!
    Hamare
    Hamare

Post by Hamare Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Sign me up too! GFWL and Steam are both Hamare.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:59 pm

How do you do to enter the same server of those you want to fight? my friend is not seeing my sign.
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm