Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
DxV04
jagger_1243
nhbdy
Liff Daddy
TheFunkCrusader
deathsdragon
SlakeMoth
11 posters

Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time?

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? Empty Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time?

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Or a bad place for that matter. Confession. I had never invaded in either Demons or Dark Souls but the other night I thought well let's give it a go. I'd just joined the Forest Covenant or whatever it's called, so I went online, put the cat ring on and waited near the steps. Sure 'nuff I was summoned. I walked down the steps, there was this figure waiting there with a sword so big I nearly ran back up again. 'Boink' I'm out of it. Didn't even get a chance to say hello. O.k., lets stick with this I thought, was summoned again. Now there were two guys waiting for me. One clobbered me from the front and the other ran behind me and, yes you've guessed it, backstabbed me. Third time, same thing happened. I've decided I'm not cut out for PvP because I niaively thought it was just a one on one contest. Ah well, you live and learn.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? Empty Re: Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time?

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Yea its almost always 2 on 1 in the Forest, sometimes 3 on 1 Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? 2707236321

Like the other day I invaded someone they had a White Phantom with them so I take it slow and a Red Phantom pops up I'm all like Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? 3207319737 I run to the Red Phantom to get help 2 on 2 Yeah! I walk forward to separate the host and White Phantom and bam the Red Phantom back stabs me I was like Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? 3596227959 as I'm dying I watch as the Host and white phantom destroy him then I'm all Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? 639795459
    TheFunkCrusader

Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? Empty Re: Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time?

Post by TheFunkCrusader Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

If you get the taste for pvp, but don't want unfair matchups try hanging out in body form more often. I find I get invaded quite often. Plus then you have home court advantage.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

The Forest probably isn't the best place to start for PvP.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:41 pm

if you want a 1v1... that'd be dueling, which is something I enjoy, the forest is not for dueling, it is for unfair, no holds barred matches where every dirty trick in the book will be used and abused. That said it is a good place to get an idea for the kinds of tricks you can expect to see, especially if you go human in the forest, to eliminate the gangbang matches
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Liff Daddy wrote:The Forest probably isn't the best place to start for PvP.

NO but it makes you feel something awesome when you hang the gang-bangers up to dry.

To the original poster not really sure where a low level duel place would be, but if you look around this forum has fight clubs for players around Soul Level 120
    jagger_1243
    jagger_1243
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jagger_1243 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm

the forest is more of a "i hope i get lucky" pvp area were the odds can be in your favor or turn on you in a second.

a good way to lvl the odds is find a buddy to summon and fight with you.

if you invading and your up against 2 ppl hang back till someone eles joins you.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:48 pm

TS there are 2 threads for friendly pvp one for xbox and one for ps3 just go to the pvp section and see what up. !! :cyclops:
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:44 pm

deathsdragon wrote:
    Liff Daddy wrote:The Forest probably isn't the best place to start for PvP.

NO but it makes you feel something awesome when you hang the gang-bangers up to dry.

No debating that. Does this happen a lot or did I just pick a bad time? 558843162
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Or a bad place for that matter. Confession. I had never invaded in either Demons or Dark Souls but the other night I thought well let's give it a go. I'd just joined the Forest Covenant or whatever it's called, so I went online, put the cat ring on and waited near the steps. Sure 'nuff I was summoned. I walked down the steps, there was this figure waiting there with a sword so big I nearly ran back up again. 'Boink' I'm out of it. Didn't even get a chance to say hello. O.k., lets stick with this I thought, was summoned again. Now there were two guys waiting for me. One clobbered me from the front and the other ran behind me and, yes you've guessed it, backstabbed me. Third time, same thing happened. I've decided I'm not cut out for PvP because I niaively thought it was just a one on one contest. Ah well, you live and learn.

SlakeMoth - don't get discouraged PvPing as Forest Covenant member. It is a difficult covenant to be in because of the unpredictability of the battles but it is one of the best covenant's to be in (in my opinion) if you want obtain a lot of experience fighting against different builds. At times you may be fighting a 2v1 and the host will be magic build while the phantom could be tank build. Being in the forest covenant forces you to fight with your mind and not just rush in (if you are not immediately jumped that is :shock:) mashing buttons. You will have to learn how to evade, roll rough attacks, backstab, etc to win the day cheers . The forest covenant is not for the faint of heart - some new covenant members have trouble handling the "demoralizing" shock of the first couple of invasions. You can adjust to it though - keep at it, get stronger, gain experience and exact retribution!! twisted

“If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.” – Sun Tzu
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 am

you forgot to sign off...

and to say something constructive the forest if for intermidiete experienced pvpers and up imo. for starters i'd suggest... hmmm depends on lvl really cause the lower lvl area's are flooded with griefers...
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:06 am

When I got ganked the first couple of times. I made me angry and I wanted vengance.. I got my vengance.... Point Down

But im not stopping now.

Listen to Brokewilly, the man is wise when it comes to these things.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 am

Well, thanks for all the encouragement. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Most of the posts made me realise that I am woefully ignorant on the finer points of PvP, so maybe I'll try again somewhere else. I was really impressed by the fact that no-one slagged me off for being a newbie and just wanted to help.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:48 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Well, thanks for all the encouragement. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Most of the posts made me realise that I am woefully ignorant on the finer points of PvP, so maybe I'll try again somewhere else. I was really impressed by the fact that no-one slagged me off for being a newbie and just wanted to help.

SlakeMoth - everyone is new at various things at some point in this game. Its nothing to worry about - just keep at it.

Hopefully I will see you in the forest soon with blood dripping from your blade and murderous intent in your eyes. Trust me your dread of invading the forest (or invading in general) will soon be replaced by the anticipation of battle no matter what the odds are. Its kinda of weird when this transformation occurs.

Keep your head up and keep up the killing!!!

“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” – Sun Tzu
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 am

indeed. i'm with him, i see farmers in lond, smile and prepare for battle. fight until you are a savage then show them why they should fear you, 3 of them or not.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 am

If you get used to PvP in the forest PvP anywhere else becomes much easier. It's a great place to learn tactics and get better. I learned quite a bit by invading and being invaded in the forest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm