Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
callipygias
IV_Mark_VI
RANT
Gazman0169
8 posters

My next challenge run...

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

My next challenge run... - Page 2 Empty Re: My next challenge run...

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm planning on doing my initial run without Tarkus, fully expect to get my butt well and truly stomped into the ground, before running with my tail firmly set between my legs to enlist the help of Tarkus as soon as the bonfire spits me back out! big grin
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 am

Well, the Iron Golem is pushing up daisies. In the end I did enlist the help of Iron Tarkus, and used him as a handy diversion to take lumps out of the Golem's ankles with my flame buffed +10 dagger. big grin

Getting passed the Painted Guardians in the rafters was an absolute pain, and in the end I barely managed it using the Fog Ring. Greg and Steve, proved to be a bit of a pain, but in the end an impromptu suicide gave me the opportunity to get passed them on the forth attempt of trying. I've now opened all of the shortcuts, and will look taking on O&S in due course.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am

Is the Ghost Blade only found as a drop in NLR from the females? What's the drop rate like?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:12 pm

No idea what the drop rate is like, but it does crazy damage for someone right off the bat. Equip some firebombs and have at er. Make sure you have a soft humanity, and you should be good to go.

I find it's too powerful for the start of the game, so I don't bother.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I find those ghosts to be the freakiest enemies in the game. There's just something about those transient curses, which could end in the middle of combat, that put me on edge.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:54 pm

callipygias wrote:If your current challenge is too easy I think you should just continue it through NG+. I'm always surprised when I see NG challenges from experienced players. I'm not talking about you, op, but I mean you-tube challenges by people who have played the game for 1,000+ hours.

NG challenges are okay for a while, but if you really want the challenge to scale, let your +'s scale.

The reason a lot of people don't do NG+ challenges is because the difficulty isn't as hard as it's made out to be anyways. The first half of a NG low level challenge is more difficult than the first half of a NG+ due to the fact that you're usually fully upgraded when you begin and the earlier bosses are just a total cakewalk. Things get tougher around Anor Londo but we all know the final 4 bosses aren't that tough. Kings might be the exception, but they aren't that difficult.

You get more difficulty out of a strict NG challenge due to having to run through the first half of the game getting your equipment, working around limitations, etc.. I don't usually do NG+ challenges on youtube because they're boring. I know my viewers like to see me struggle early on trying to get a hold of equipment, especially with limitations on master key and such. NG+ just turns into a huge speed run.

Remember that NG+ and beyond is all about numbers. Mobs don't get smarter, or increase in number. They have more hps and do more damage. If you've already mastered dodging and can pump out solid damage, then there isn't much difference. NG+ challenges people that rely on sloppy methods of beating bosses because the damage they take gets much higher. For those that dodge everything anyways it pretty much negates the whole issue.

I've done NG+ plenty of times, but to me it's boring. I don't like playing the same character 7 times in a row, I'd rather start a new challenge with stricter limits.

That's just me though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 pm