Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 am

I honestly cant be bothered working my way up to lvl 50 and im getting bored of regular gameplay....
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Man Wade you are getting some serious loot. Don't suppose you could spare me an infinity some time when I get the others back to you?

I'll dupe you an infinity, I plan on making a gunzerker build just around these two bad boys.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:54 am

Digi I'm going to be on later, if you still have my weapons can we arrange for a dupe?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah sure, I'm just getting on now.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:16 am

I'm not going to be home until 5 hours from now though, thanks to airports being... well, airports.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:19 am

Okay then, no hassle. Hope you aren't held up too long man happy
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi guys, how's it going? Just popped in to say hi. Just made it to lvl 50 in TVHM and I'm just farming up some lvl 50 gear, so far I have these lvl 50 oranges....

Conference call melee.
    Conference call shock.
    Impaler shield. (30k spike damage)
    Volcano sniper.
    Leach grenade.

If anyone wants a dupe of any just yell.

Will be farming up more rare gear in the next few weeks(looking for the bee next) so will update what I have.

Ps. If you want me to find anything let me know.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm too lazy to go back and check who said it, but I echo the sentiments of whoever recommended farming Bunker for fun and profit. I love this guy and his seemingly guaranteed purples/iridium drops, and he's easy to respawn.

Most of my chars are still ~ level 15-25 on both XBox and PS3 if anyone is up for mission coop, or simply driving madly in drunken circles while firing at bandit vehicles with rocket launchers the way God intended.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Beef, waiting on you. Sitting at 33 in TVHM but can always use a meatshield. We can juice your toons up if you want.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey Mildred, I can dupe you a level 50 Bee whenever you like. Would you be able to dupe me the leach and the impaler?

No bother if it's to much trouble big grin
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Hey Mildred, I can dupe you a level 50 Bee whenever you like. Would you be able to dupe me the leach and the impaler?

No bother if it's to much trouble big grin

As your already on my friends list it should be easy as pie. Will hit you up next time I see you on.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Okay nice one, you're Zog correct?

If so, just yell when you wanna do this. Until then Mildred.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Yip I'm zog. happy
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Emergence wrote:Beef, waiting on you. Sitting at 33 in TVHM but can always use a meatshield. We can juice your toons up if you want.

Sweet, this weekend for sure. If the DkS DLC has taught me anything, it's how to run away from stronger mobs anyway. big grin
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:35 am

Well I have taken down that terra-whatever-youcallhim and have some new loot if anyone wants.

Hide of terra-whatever-youcallhim shield
    Maya class mod blood of terra-whatever-youcallhim.

Both lvl 50 oranges.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

How are you here on lv 50 legendarys because i need 6 different 1s..... :|
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Rin wrote:How are you here on lv 50 legendarys because i need 6 different 1s..... :|
    Make a list of what you want, if I have it, it's yours. If I don't, I will go farm it.

I only just made it to lvl 50 so have just started farming.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Ok...
    Pandemi- grenade mod
    Cradle- shield
    Black hole- shield
    Invader- sniper
    Nasty surprise- grenade mod
    Bouncing bonny- grenade mod
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Rin wrote:Ok...
    Pandemi- grenade mod
    Cradle- shield
    Black hole- shield
    Invader- sniper
    Nasty surprise- grenade mod
    Bouncing bonny- grenade mod

Ok I don't have any yet, but know where a few are and have plans to farm for them. Will let you know when I get any.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 pm

How do you know all these weapons?!

If you plan on farming Terra, care to do it in my world once? I'd like to get that last side-quest crossed off my list.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't see myself playing this game for much longer.

The point of Borderlands is to get loot and shoot things. This game does the latter adequately, but falls flat on its face with the former.

In Borderlands 1, we had two things: A good rate of legendary loot drops, and Ctawmerax. The former allowed to find legendaries not all the time, but usually at a fair rate. The latter was a fun, challenging end-game boss that exploded into loot when killed, almost guaranteeing a shiny new orange every time you fought him.

Borderlands 2 has neither. Item drop rates are shockingly bad: I have friends who have farmed Doc Mercy for a solid week and not got an infinity. Having bosses pre-dispositioned to drop certain legendaries is also bad: it just encourages farming a certain enemy for a mind-numbing mount of time.
    Terramorphous is not by himself a badly designed boss: But the loot you kill upon killing him is an insult to the time and effort you have to put into killing him. Why even bother farming him if he's going to give whites and greens at level 50!

The DLC also annoys me as Gearbox didn't even make it! They outsourced it, which explains the clearly rushed aspects of it, like Seraph weapons, the story and the raid bosses. Add this onto the fact that they removed the feature to sort DLC out of matchmaking to prevent joining a DLC game then being booted back out (an underhand tactic to get players to buy the DLC, no doubt) and I do not hold much hope for future content for BL2.

Finally, where are the bug fixes? Zero's Terra mod is still broken from release, Gaige still can't use the infinity, Discord still acts like a permanent buff, Vermi still refuses to spawn even when I spend hours trying to trigger him, loot still gets stuck under The Warrior, The Bee is still stupidly broken (and necessary for TVHM, which is beyond stupid). What in god's name are Gearbox doing?

Borderlands 2 isn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. But it needs fixes immediately: fixes that don't seem to be coming.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:46 pm

My main issue with Borderlands 2 is that it isn't Dark Souls*...

silly

No but seriously, it is. I don't like the way everything has to be a quest for you to be able to interact with your environment, and how every quest ends up being a fetch quest in one form or another. I prefer Dark Souls's method of letting you explore the environment and essentially make your own quests out of it.

I also don't like Borderlands 2's emphasis on loot (which, like Wade just said, has a terrible drop rate for the good stuff), which detracts from skill. Everything in Dark Souls is very well balanced (more or less!) so that what's left in the end is player skill. Skill is what you need to progress through Dark Souls. In Borderlands, skill will only get you so far without the right gear. At a certain point, no amount of skill will allow you to surmount lacking hardware.

Fun game, but not going to hold my interest for anywhere near as long as Dark Souls did--let alone entice me to join a community dedicated to it! But hey, not every game has to, right? I'm looking forward to Ni No Kuni, and I'll probably find something else in the mean time. If every game hooked me like Dark Souls, I'd have played very few games in my lifetime!

*:
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Ni No Kuni is majorly on my radar.

In regards to loot, you both are spot on on the poor drop rates. Also the legendaries themselves are more or less ho hum when compared to 1. Remember the Pestilent Defiler? Or the Orion? The Nemesis or Chimera? They were unique, wacky and a tn of fun to use. In 2 the common loot is better, but the legendaries lack that wow factor. Now I just get excited to find a great DPS weapon, but the oranges are a bit less imaginative than we expected. The red text we used to get excited for didn't quite do it this time around.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Emergence wrote:Ni No Kuni is majorly on my radar.

In regards to loot, you both are spot on on the poor drop rates. Also the legendaries themselves are more or less ho hum when compared to 1. Remember the Pestilent Defiler? Or the Orion? The Nemesis or Chimera? They were unique, wacky and a tn of fun to use. In 2 the common loot is better, but the legendaries lack that wow factor. Now I just get excited to find a great DPS weapon, but the oranges are a bit less imaginative than we expected. The red text we used to get excited for didn't quite do it this time around.

Yeah, in borderlands 1 I was ballistic when I found a defiler, Ogre, Cobra etc. Now I'm just like, meh.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 pm

BLA1NE wrote:How do you know all these weapons?!

If you plan on farming Terra, care to do it in my world once? I'd like to get that last side-quest crossed off my list.

Send me an invite and I will help kill him

zog1313

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 04, 2024 2:04 am