Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
lordgodofhell
Buggy Virus
Derpwraith
RaffoSS
EcHo84
Glutebrah
Juutas
Montante
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
LordRevan
Spurgun
martyrsbrigade99
16 posters

Ditching the PC after console release

martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ditching the PC after console release Empty Ditching the PC after console release

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 am

What's up Guys,
    Ever since the PTDE release, I've been investing a lot to time into DkS. Frankly, I can't wait until the DLC is released on the consoles because I'm definitely ditching the PC. One thing that I hate with regard to the PC version is that invasions SUCK!!! I'm not talking about players. I'm talking about the rate at which either you're able to invade or that you are invaded. I've never had to grind so hard to reach 125 since the game's release. If anyone from the Dev staff is listening, "PLEASE hurry and release the DLC to consoles???!!!"
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ditching the PC after console release Empty Re: Ditching the PC after console release

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 am

Most of the people on PC have never played a souls game. So it'll take a while before they beat the game, let alone make a PvP build.
    Give it a few weeks and then you can complain if you can't invade enough.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Ditching the PC after console release Empty Re: Ditching the PC after console release

Post by LordRevan Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

Console was just as bad at launch. It's very possible that there are connection issues that will be fixed in a later patch.

Also what he said ^^

Last edited by LordRevan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

martyrsbrigade99 wrote:One thing that I hate with regard to the PC version is that invasions SUCK!!!

I've heard. I'm dying to play it, but the more I hear, the more I'm understanding that it's really best to just wait for it to come to consoles.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 am

I'm on the other side of the fence, here. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to Dark Souls on a console. It runs so much smoother and looks so much prettier on my computer. :|
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah, give it few weeks/month and the invasions and arena PvP are gonna be more frequent.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 am

i bought the PC game strictly to beat the content with a "fresh character", and learn all the new armor/weapons to perfect my console build. and hopefully i won't die and lose my 99 humanity and over like 50 million souls on my PS3 guys

once the DLC comes out back to PS3, i cant stand the 360 controller either
    EcHo84

Post by EcHo84 Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm

By the time most of the PC playerbase understands the game and upgrades weapons/settles on builds the PC PvP game state will be ruined with glitched characters.
    RaffoSS
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RaffoSS Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I've been invaded for the first time in 40 hours of PTD. Never been able to summon/get summoned/ invade..i think GFWL is broken.

I have all ports open and bla bla bla so i'm not the one who's wrong.

Totally gonna ditch the PC version too.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Don't even have the PC version and i never will, I'm waiting for the DLC to come on PS3 already.

Isn't it funny that From Software said they had a tough time porting to PC even though the new content ALONE is being released on consoles on a much later date?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 pm

EcHo84 wrote:By the time most of the PC playerbase understands the game and upgrades weapons/settles on builds the PC PvP game state will be ruined with glitched characters.

Actually, they patched those problems pretty hard.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 am

martyrsbrigade99 wrote:What's up Guys,

after this I thought you would say, "this IS...martyrsbrigade coming at you with another dark souls commentary..alright guys etc etc" lol!

*watches too many of your youtubez lol
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 am

I convinced my friend who has never played a souls game to get it, I watched him play for a few hours tonight. It's mostly funny how much he dies (we've all been there) but whats awful is he was invaded three times, twice he was one shot with an r1 at sl60ish (Trainer?) and the third fog walls were up for a good 10-15 minutes and no phantom ever made it.

I was upset on his behalf
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Dude, i could not agree more. This is why there was an exclusive time i think, they knew once some of the news about pc got out people would opt for the console DLC rather then the PC. I can only imagine how dead it would be if they released console DLC same day. Namco Bandai is really being greedy by not releasing the console DLC till Oct/Dec. Its confirmed(kind of) for Oct 26th in some parts of the world, but Namco Bandai America has still not announced an official release date. I don't have a decent pc so i have to wait, and i managed to at least not spoil the last two bosses(i haven't seen videos of them or anything). but overall the new content is pretty much completely spoiled. All the hype is gone... -_-

Well, can't wait to get my *** kicked by you and the other guys on PS3 once its released. See ya then.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Yeah. I was actually contemplating just buying a new graphics card for my PC, as all my other specs are way over the minimum requirements, but after seeing how slow Coop/PvP is I didn't bother. Sure, it will probably pick up but by that time it will be out on consoles (or near enough)!

In the mean time, I'm just practising my low poise, fast rolling, dual Scimitar (closest to Tracers) wielding build happy
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Well, in my case i have a portable dark souls version, because i'm playing on y notbook, it doesnt have any lag, the loading screens are faster and the game looks better in general, i dont think i'll play on xbox again :shock:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 am