Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
strangejoy
Harlequin
CrackSouls
Blazefury
Garlicki
DxV04
nhbdy
Tolvo
Zechk
Forum Pirate
14 posters

My fellow invaders.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My fellow invaders. - Page 2 Empty Re: My fellow invaders.

Post by User Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:39 am

As a Darkmoon, if you see a Darkwraith and a Player fighting it out, and their are still enemies around.... buy some alluring skulls, and draw the NPCs towards the player with the skulls. Then fight the Darkwraith. Two for one.

Congrats. Listen to the Banners that fall behind you.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:46 am

True story. One time in the forest I was helping a summoner. So we run into this Red and Blue that decide to team up against us. Well we circle them and they both begin spamming wrath. They end up killing each other instead of damaging us because we rolled back away from it. That was the funniest things I ever saw. It just so happend that one of the invaders was a friend on my buddy list. He writes me an email calling the other invader a dumb A hole. And I told him I wonder how he feels about you. Food for thought.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:54 am

lorenzo110 wrote:The only truce that works are blue and blue. Any other invasion combo is just asking for treacherous results. Unless both the red and blue are on each others buddies list and are working together as a team and knowing what they can and cant do during an invasion. That will work, other then that no it doesnt becuase your putting your faith on someone hoping they will be ethical. It doesnt work that way. And most of the times they will only act in their self interest not yours. If netting them even more souls requires putting you down, believe me they will do it. Period.

was that supposed to answer my question? The gravelord/forest hunter truce is unique. Of course not everyone knows about it. But I always message forest hunters and tell them my intent and so far all of them have agreed that it is a good idea. Then the Black Crystal out.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:As a Darkmoon, if you see a Darkwraith and a Player fighting it out, and their are still enemies around.... buy some alluring skulls, and draw the NPCs towards the player with the skulls. Then fight the Darkwraith. Two for one.

Congrats. Listen to the Banners that fall behind you.

Thats a really cool idea~!! will remember that on my DMB
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:05 am

Good luck with that but remember from the previous example. Sometimes there is unintentional damage that is caused that some may mistake for treachery. So these types of truces don't always work out the way you may plan them to.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:09 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Good luck with that but remember from the previous example. Sometimes there is unintentional damage that is caused that some may mistake for treachery. So these types of truces don't always work out the way you may plan them to.

I don't see how your example applies in the case of the gravelord. It does apply to blues and reds, but not to the gravelord truce with forest hunters.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:21 am

Maybe I should clarify better. Any coventant that is capable of causing damage to another. If they are able to occupy a close proximaty without causing damage to one another then yes that will work. Just like sun bros and summoners work. But if you are able to cause damage to those you are co opting with then most of the time no it will not work. Just my opin
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 am

Yea that is a legitimate and logical statement. I don't want to assume but try looking at the gravelord/forest hunter truce from a different angle.

if all the forest hunters allow gravelords to live and infect the forest who does the gravelord end up fighting? Only SoV that invade him through the gravelord sign, dark wraiths and random DMBs.

The forest hunters benefit because when they invade other hosts in the forest that are not gravelords the chance exists that that forest will also be occupied by black phantom mushrooms which have been reported to be extremely deadly.

so the worlds of the hunters and gravelords do not really cross if the hunters decide that it is to their benefit to allow gravelords to curse the forest they invade.

Would like to hear your opinion.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:57 am

DxV04 wrote:
    nhbdy wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:To DW and DMBs... as a gravelord I have been on the receiving end of these team attacks by your covenants. I am fine with that, it is what true gravelords dig.

But in the forest is best if you leave us alone so we can fulfill our duty to our counter parts in the truce..

Thanks.

... aaaand no clue what you just said...

Whats your covenant?

I'm a gravelord, I just don't know what you said, the wording is kinda weird, or maybe it's just me, although after a few readings, I think you might be saying you like it when they all attack you, yet you want the forest cov to honor their end so you can still help out there?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:00 am

Thats what he is saying. As a gravelord you ideally become host to many hostile phantoms.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:05 am

nhbdy wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    nhbdy wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:To DW and DMBs... as a gravelord I have been on the receiving end of these team attacks by your covenants. I am fine with that, it is what true gravelords dig.

But in the forest is best if you leave us alone so we can fulfill our duty to our counter parts in the truce..

Thanks.

Whats your covenant?

I'm a gravelord, I just don't know what you said, the wording is kinda weird, or maybe it's just me, although after a few readings, I think you might be saying you like it when they all attack you, yet you want the forest cov to honor their end so you can still help out there?

Oh sorry let me clarify.. the message was directed to darkwraiths and darkmoons that want to establish some sort of truce. Their truce means that if they invade a gravelord (who is a host) they would attack the gravelord. That is why I said that as a gravelord I have been attacked by those 2 covenants at the same time and I welcome it.
    Except in the forest. I told the darkwraiths and darkmoons to leave the gravelords alone in the forest so we can curse and fulfill our truce with the forest hunters. And you know what our truce with the forest hunters is.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:08 am

DxV04 wrote:
    nhbdy wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    nhbdy wrote:

Thanks.

Whats your covenant?

Oh sorry let me clarify.. the message was directed to darkwraiths and darkmoons that want to establish some sort of truce. Their truce means that if they invade a gravelord (who is a host) they would attack the gravelord. That is why I said that as a gravelord I have been attacked by those 2 covenants at the same time and I welcome it.
    Except in the forest. I told the darkwraiths and darkmoons to leave the gravelords alone in the forest so we can curse and fulfill our truce with the forest hunters. And you know what our truce with the forest hunters is.
    yep, thanks for the confirmation, and I agree, the uncertainty is one of the best parts of gravelording, it takes you back to the improvised tactics that got you through the first playthrough, well adapted tactics to deal with multiple unknown hostile entities, but the point is the same. It's like being alone in the dark all over again, and it's awesome (though I do love my honor duels, when in the appropriate places)!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 am

I actually never knew there was a forest hunter and gravelord Truce, but I really love the idea. I have yet to really face a Gravelord, but I love the concept.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm