Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Forum Pirate
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Serious_Much
nhbdy
Midgar
Oh_the_Humanity
11 posters

Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!!

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!! Empty Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!!

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 pm

I have had this idea for awhile.
    What if there was a ring or maybe a piece of headgear, (so it was obvious who was wearing it)
    that when equipped, upon death you would lose all the humanity and souls up to your current numbers (so if you have 110,304 souls and your opponent has 69,030 you would only lose 69,030 souls, not your whole amount) and the weapon/s you were using.
    Obviously for it to work both players need to wear it so nobody is wondering what going on.
    I know most people wouldn't like this, but I know it would certainly make any duel that much more interesting, kinda like gambling.

Is this a terrible idea?
    :evil:
    or is it a good idea? twisted

Let me know what you guys and gals think.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!! Empty Re: Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!!

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Losing souls or humanity isn't that big of a deal, I think there does need to be some kind of incentive for PvP though.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!! Empty Re: Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!!

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Or maybe you lose everything, weapons, armor, souls, and humanity.
    Intensive is exactly what I'm looking for.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 pm

with some gear being a once per playthrough opportunity I think that it'd be a bit harsh to loose equipment, as far as incentive, isn't the fun of it incentive enough?
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm

it is, dont get me wrong, I love and respect DkS...but it wouldnt be harsh because both players have to agree to those conditions by wearing the ring (or head gear)

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:04 pm

nhbdy wrote:with some gear being a once per playthrough opportunity I think that it'd be a bit harsh to loose equipment, as far as incentive, isn't the fun of it incentive enough?

It's not that harsh considering everyone in PvP uses full giants armour which is purchasable XD
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 pm

I havn't seen any people in Giant's Armor much except for the forest, but I have seen plenty in the Executioner's or Dragonslayer's Suits.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Or maybe you lose everything, weapons, armor, souls, and humanity.
    Intensive is exactly what I'm looking for.

This.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:14 pm

nhbdy wrote:with some gear being a once per playthrough opportunity I think that it'd be a bit harsh to loose equipment, as far as incentive, isn't the fun of it incentive enough?

I get bored fairly quick, granted I'm not that great at PvP, but watching a guy strafe/circling you for 5 minutes trying to get a backstab is pretty boring and aggravating, not to mention if I even swing while he's doing this it's a guaranteed BS on me. That's about how half my fights go, a guy just circling for minutes.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:26 pm

There was a game, a game I do not remember, but a game that if you do not eject from your mech before it is destroyed, your character's save files are completely removed, and you have to start from scratch.

Now, as it may seem, it may sound appealing for you all to do such things. But remember this, and remember well, that a LOT of the weapons you use are usually either only grabbable once or twice, or is extremely hard to obtain, VIA either form Enemies or Purchasement. What would happen if you lost your Dark Armor, which you can only obtain once in a playthrough (and if covenants connect from NG to NG+'s, the probably forever). You would lose your precious Katanas, unless you are part of the Forest Covenant, but even then the weapons are expensive to purchase. You will not be so eager to buy the armors you purchase from the Zena Merchant, and you would not be so hasty to try to make a character build to surround something such as a Dragon Greatsword, a Black Knight Great Axe, a Demon's Great Hammer, or other such things.

Of all the things, do you think that both invader and host would agree to such terms, to lose everything they hold? I would wager that the Invader would use internet cords, so they can easily just eject their connection to save them from death. As well, the host would do the same. Only those brave, honorable fools would fight, mostly the hosts, and they would lose everything, as those who Invade are beings who set themselves for the desire to KILL. Chew on that for a while. It sounds tempting, but the Host and Invader would not be so eager to be in such duels, rather trying to do more basic combat. Only the small, very small few would be doing so, and that quantity will be even less than the princess' guard, which I guarantee is the lowest quantity of players that are in that covenant, out of all nine. Their are even more Dragonoids than Guardians. Just saying. The invaders who hone such rings or helms would usually not be interested in honourable combat, rather combat to kill those foolish enough to think such honours exist.

As well, such weapons as the weapons enhanced to lightning weaponry will be more seen than physical, as the outcome for such weapons would be much cheaper and efficient than other builds. I Like the idea, I truly do, but the favour of a ring or helm of both sides, or even one, seems not enough... too broad. Something else would need to come into play. Something more agreeable, more stationary. A Covenant, which sins those who quit out of invasions and quits when invaded, a Covenant that focuses on Combating those of the same Covenant, a Covenant that focuses on the way of combat, in which both sides will be locked into the same positive and negative aspects. A ring and helm would seemingly hinder those to combat each other, as many depend on two rings and even the helm. No... a Covenant would be more suffice than so. A covenant that allows everything to be lost. Few will join, few of those joined will probably would be not honourable... but the rewards of such battles should be greater than those of others. Yes... that would be much greater than so.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Thank you for that reply Acidic cook, that was the reply I was looking for.
    You brought up all the right points.
    It is to bad that an idea like that cant be implemented due to the lack of "honorable" players to just take advantage of such an idea just to piss people off.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Yes, indeed. I am all for challenge, and if Dark Souls was able to implement and able to fill and replace such flaws, and If i had more trust for the Community of Dark Soul Players, I would otherwise 'join' such things, even if my main weapon of choice IS the Demon Great Hammer.

Sadly, such things I will not hold my breath for. We take what we get, and I can say that I will not enjoy the game less than what I do now. The game has flaws, as all, but it is a game that revels all that I have played.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:29 am

arena where to participate you must bet a piece of equipment and you are linked to opponents based on the quality of the item you bet, low grade pvp hollow warrior stuff, high grade +10 weapons etc. when you win you get the other guys item. and an amount of souls based on how valuable the item you bet is, so a boss weapon would net you 1/2 a mil for like say the greatlord greatsword.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 am

I love that idea sparkly twinkly lizard, prolly the best yet lol
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:05 am

i was remaniscing about ff6 and i remembered it's arena where to fight you bet an item so i figured that'd work well for this. also for people wanting a fight they can just give whatever, but if you want to profit bet high grade, big grin thus farmers will tend to bet high grade items for souls (souls not dependant on enemy lvl only item lvl) and duelists can bet lower grade stuff and fight for fun. also certain items should have you fight against npc phantoms that yield special items or at least rare items...
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:11 am

I like what Im hearing...we might be getting somewhere with this. Players could drop the item there betting on the ground and the winner picks it up at the end of the duel...
    "could be coolish"
    Ring that both players must be wearing: winner gets all!!! 3358384175
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:16 am

but invaders couldn't pick up the item under current conditions, they disappear to fast after the host dies... hence a special arena function that would award the item upon victory(host) or victorious return to your world(invader) would be a nice patch/dlc but i doubt we'll see dlc.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:21 am

yeah unless it can come in patch form...we wont see anything like that. Hidetaka Miyazaki pretty much said there will be no dlc...but who knows?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am

btw nice name:D and yeah unless it's in a patch its very unlikely....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 am

if its duels though the rss and host wins can drop item and rss again and same person jumps in, grabs prise and suicides and party chat or messages could facilitate the arrangements beforehand. or the host could be a judge as reds make the bets and fight it out. i'm down for the idea, with some organization this could be a weekly thing like fight club or a player ran covenant. rss and pre-arranged fights would be a must in either case.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 am

i actually had something like that happen with a gravelord this morning, 5 duels showing good decorum and he gave me 3 slabs... next invasion i give him my 5 eyes of death, if this sort of thing did become an organized event where would we hold it? demon ruins? izalith? painted world?
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 am

3 Slabs? Wow! now that's prize!
    I'm sure it could be held in a number of places.
    I know it's small but I've always liked the arena type spot in blighttown behind the bonfire where the dragon scale is located.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 am

well should it be pure duel or can i wog you into lava/off a ledge? the light (to prevent dm interference) anor chapel and londo ruins early areas are relatively free of environmental hazards.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:01 am

Thats why I think the spot behind the bonfire in Blighttown would be perfect.
    No environment hazards no cliffs, and wall to keep players from fleeing.
    Plus then other players could watch and or wait for there turn along the top of the arena.

What do you guys think about that spot?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Thats why I think the spot behind the bonfire in Blighttown would be perfect.
    No environment hazards no cliffs, and wall to keep players from fleeing.
    Plus then other players could watch and or wait for there turn along the top of the arena.

What do you guys think about that spot?
    almost feels like thats why its there. i have no objection

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 am