Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Phantasmio
new deal
LD_Soze
lordgodofhell
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
Uparkaam
Slarg232
Jester's Tears
reim0027
billy_bayonet
bloodpixel
DoughGuy
Tolvo
RNsunbro
Saxonberserker
Juutas
21 posters

Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers)

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers)

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Yea i know, but what can i do. I am very angry about how namco bandai has been dealing with marketing and servers in general with dark souls. From what i understand, in Japan fromsoft actually is the publisher and distributer. Apparently in Japan they have dedicated servers ext, but i have no way of confirming that. My issue is with namco bandai, i might even try to set up a petition to show them that console owners are not pleased with their greedy marketing decisions. Especially them choosing to cheap out and use p2p servers, and this 5month exclusivity they are giving the PC edition. It just should not be tolerated. They act as if they listen to their fans due to the fact they listened to that PC petition, but the only reason they did is because they planned on using it to make money. They are a company out to make money, and thats fine but the fans that bought the game originally should not be royally screwed like this. I know everyone who has a pc capable of playing the PC edition does not give a ****, but a majority of us don't. Its just greedy, and it pisses me off.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Footage of the new arena mode!!! (spoilers)

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Yeah, this all has seemed to me like Fromsoft got too big piece of the cake and can't really handle it.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and impacts the in-game pvp. It definitely is out of place, like a blue driver's side door on a grey car. It will at the least provide quick drop in and out pvp even if the immersion factor of pvp is all thrown off as a result.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Emergence wrote:It will be interesting to see how it plays out and impacts the in-game pvp. It definitely is out of place, like a blue driver's side door on a grey car. It will at the least provide quick drop in and out pvp even if the immersion factor of pvp is all thrown off as a result.
    My main concern right there. I don't want that arena to kill off the world PvP. Just has such a unique feel and enjoyment to it when I'm battling in these big and beautiful landscapes.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 pm

New info about the PvP properties:

Spoiler:
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:01 pm

More footage of the arena mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGmXeArZ0bQ
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:06 pm

MUST. NOT. WATCH!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Bcc17 wrote:MUST. NOT. WATCH!

Oh come on! I doesn't spoil the actual game :3
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I don't want to spoil ANYTHING for myself lol, I looked at the screenshots and that's it.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Haha, your call, but that video spoils less than the screenshots happy
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 pm

You'll only be spoiling the Lobby system, which is pretty straightforward as there is nothing truly impressive about it. They also only tell you HOW to get there, but they give you no actual clue as to WHERE it is that you have to be to get there
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Fine, peer pressure me into it.

EDIT: If you use Google Chrome, you can translate the website and it's fairly accurate.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Wow this guy is not good at all lol.

I would be yelling, "KILL THE F***ING PYROMANCER ALREADY!"
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:10 pm

bloodpixel wrote:What if they had a monster kill mode? Like two teams of whatever kill as many monsters as possible and whoever kills the most wins.

That DOES sound cool. As much as I like PVP, I probably like co-op a little more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 am