Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
cloudyeki
WyrmHero
Heroez Blade
Wisp
8 posters

Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc Empty Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc

Post by Wisp Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 pm

http://tinyurl.com/94qt9az

Well here's it is. I've always hated that i can't kick with the estoc, but force is a good replacement for a kick. I get as much damage out of it as i'm going to at SL120. Opinions?
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc Empty Re: Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc

Post by Heroez Blade Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Well if you want to get the most out of your estoc than you should raise your faith so you can use sunlight blade. Or try putting different elemental upgrades on it until you find one that works for you.

I also think your strength and dex is a little high if you are only using the estoc and a bow. Other than that it looks pretty good to me.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc Empty Re: Build idea: Trying to get the most out of my estoc

Post by WyrmHero Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:06 am

Hey wisp I would lower Str to 28 because you really are getting 1 AR per Str stat so it isn't worth it. The remaining points could be used for Vit/End or a buff.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 am

Why must everyone go to buffing?

How bout going for a lower SL build, and using the estoc in tandem with a sweeping weapon in your left hand?

http://tinyurl.com/8dq9ghg

120s seem to be getting out of hand, with focus having become 40/40 buffers for absurd amount of damage. That's why I'm gonna start a campaign to bring about the awesomeness of divine/occult/magic/enchanted weapons!

Edit: For a 120 Diviner http://tinyurl.com/bos4m3d Yeah, how's that?
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:39 am

Hmm maybe i should change the title getting the most out of my Estoc without buffing? silly

Yeah I tend to try and stay away from weapon buffs in most cases, i find them no fun. I don't get any satisfaction out of beating people just because of a buff.

@Wyrm: Good idea! I added power within for when i come across gankers http://tinyurl.com/8ku5tfu

@Cloudyeki: I like that first build but i'd rather not lose so much HP and poise. I might try and make an SL99 one for the lifehunter's arena. A faith version seems pretty nice, but what's the damamge like on those weapons?
    Swiftie
    Swiftie
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Swiftie Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 am

Just messed around a little. Your bow hits higher now along with your estoc, if you dont like buffing just lower faith to 28 and att. to 14. I personally find emit force pointless, but if you want to use it go ahead. Anddd, I just decided to use FaP and help you out :p

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2865465276390649
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Not being able to kick is what always turned me
    off rapiers. It's kind of funny, that the one weapon most commonly used for back-stabbing,
    is the weapon that probably leaves you most open to being back-stabbed yourself.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I'd reccommend something around this http://tinyurl.com/9gmq7qv
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:51 pm

@swiftie: Neither the estoc nor the bow would hit harder as elementals (except the estoc critical hits)

@omega elf: I know right! Any experience with force as an anti BS device?
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Wisp wrote:@omega elf: I know right! Any experience with force as an anti BS device?

I've messed around with it a little, and it can work just fine, I just
    prefer the ability to kick those fishing sons of b**ches right in the
    nuts, seeing them stagger backwards is very satisfying.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 pm

http://tinyurl.com/99r693a

I think i've found the right build
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm

You could try something like this . The Leo Ring is a great addition to Estoc Builds, and will add crazy damage when used right (attack during an attack or roll).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm