Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skarekrow13
WyrmHero
ublug
7 posters

The Bed of Chaos

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

The Bed of Chaos Empty The Bed of Chaos

Post by ublug Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:34 pm

On my last playthrough I noticed that in the centre of the chaos orbs, that binds the twisted remains of the Witch of Izalith, is what looks like glowing rings of yellow light. This yellow light is very similar in color and appearance to the areas blocked by the Great Lords power. They also release a shockwave once the binding is released, perhaps correlated to the release of energy when placing the Lordvessel.

We know that the black knights once were Gwyn's own army of knights, who were charred black from fighting Chaos Demons, and gained powers that still inherits their equipment. One can only assume that they eventually headed for Lost Izalith, to target the source of the chaos demons; to stop the Bed of Chaos. But the only possible remains of his knights in Lost Izalith are the two Divine Blessings, the holy water of Gwynevere, which are found on some corpses in the lava behind the bonfire tower.

So the question is: Did Gwyn, or one/some of his trusted knights, pacify the Witch of Izalith by binding her chaotic state? Why just pacify her, instead of killing her to end the chaos for good? An intent to abuse her power for their own purposes perhaps?

Have there been any specualtion about this, or have Acidic made a post about it? I skimmed through some of his pages, but didn't find any in-depth answers.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Bed of Chaos Empty Re: The Bed of Chaos

Post by WyrmHero Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:46 am

Everytime I see those rods they remind me of the moonlight butterfly's horn. I agree with you they must have pacified her in some way.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 am

Could it be loneliness that made her dormant? She's stuck there with most of her children gone and almost all turned into monstrosities. She's in the same boat and who knows precisely how long she's been trapped. Could be she was resigned to wait out eternity until we stroll in.

However it is interesting she either can't or won't fully show herself until those side orbs are broke. Maybe two daughters sacrificed themselves to reign in mommy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 am

I think the extra limbs bursting forth gives Ublug's theory good evidence. Perhaps the Knights tied her down but were unable to finish the job before the demons overwhelmed them?

And Skare has a point. Were the orbs made by the knights or the daughters? Do they protect her as we thught, or trap her?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Based on the progression of the fight the orbs definitely limit her, or restrain her.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Damn you all. Now I have to look next time I fight this thing
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 am

"Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else."

lol cheers
    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheLolrider Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 pm

I thought it was basically confirmed that the two side orbs were two of the daughters of chaos?

On the subject of Black Knights though, I've always thought it was fairly strange where we find them. There's a couple in Undead Burg, but then there's one in Darkroot, one in the Catacombs, and one in the Tomb of Giants.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 am

May i just say, the reason behind the black knights is because there armour was charred black when the entered the kiln of the first flame along with their lord, Lord Gwyn. One thing i would need to draw attention to is how the area just before the fire sage is sealed by the seal of lord gwyn. Meaning it could not have been black knights that went to do this. If you look at it, all the places that are sealed by Lord Gwyn's seal, there is no black knights, meaning the seal was created at the time when entered the kiln. The divine blessing is something sold by Rhea of Thorolund, princess and follower of the Way of White. I think that some really powerful priests from the way of white sealed away parts of the Bed of Chaos to keep it from spreading, probably some time just before Gwyn went to link the flames.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm