Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Jester's Tears
befowler
Pennder
Baiulus
8 posters

It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest.

Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest. Empty It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest.

Post by Baiulus Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm hosting in Forest alone. (The few and the proud.)
    I get invaded by 2 cat covenant members at once, so I knew I was going to get ganked.
    But for one of them, the clear advantage of 2v1 wasn't enough.
    While I was busy with his friend, he casts Power Within and Tranquil Walk of Peace, and proceeded to back stab me.
    What the hell?
    Why are people so unconfident in their abilities in the Forest that they need to use such tactics in addition to ganking?
    :x
    Pennder
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest. Empty Re: It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest.

Post by Pennder Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:50 pm

All I can hope is that you don't quit hosting in the Forest. Not everyone is like that, please don't let a few jerks ruin it for you. I'm a Forest Hunter, and an honest 1v1 duel really makes my day, win or lose.
    befowler
    befowler

It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest. Empty Re: It's crap like this that made me lose all sympathy for both sides in the Forest.

Post by befowler Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Anything goes in the forest, that's the whole point. It's like that scene in Pinocchio where all the boys go to the pleasure island and get to destroy everything, in exchange for all ending up as jack*******.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

I realize anything goes in the Forest.
    That's why I stop raging every time I'm inevitably ganked.
    I'm complaining about this because it just wasn't prompted.
    Even in the place in the game where you're basically expected to be a cheap douche, 2v1 is more than enough advantage without out adding TWoP OR PW; let alone the both of them.
    :suspect:
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Lawl. Every time i get a 2v1 i simply run away and use Chameleon :3...They shall never find me...
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Requires a keen eye to notice you. If you camouflage as a tree, your shade can be slightly darker in color due to your location in respect to the lightning of the area. It was how I found a camouflaged opponent. Besides, they'll just you process of elimination. Better option, cosplay as one of the covenant members and watch them ignore you.

Anyways, it is inevitable that this will happen to you. Forest Hunters are abused people, often being victims of deceit and gankings by hosts and phantoms. These guys were not taking any chances...besides that unjust actions and behavior from other hosts most likely rubbed off on them.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Trust me, I've invaded in the Forest before, so I know how both sides feel.
    No amount of ganking manages to reason out that mehthod of gameplay.
    It was unfair as soon as they started to rush me, so he nothing should have made him say, "This guy's gonna be trouble, better cheat the **** out of him."
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Seignar wrote:Requires a keen eye to notice you. If you camouflage as a tree, your shade can be slightly darker in color due to your location in respect to the lightning of the area. It was how I found a camouflaged opponent. Besides, they'll just you process of elimination. Better option, cosplay as one of the covenant members and watch them ignore you.

Anyways, it is inevitable that this will happen to you. Forest Hunters are abused people, often being victims of deceit and gankings by hosts and phantoms. These guys were not taking any chances...besides that unjust actions and behavior from other hosts most likely rubbed off on them.

You can dress up has the bandit closest to the cat and they will have NOOOO idea that you are there...So enjoyable when a red phantom invades and you get the souls for them killing each other right infront of you big grin
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm 1v1 hosting in the Forest right now. 2v1's are expected really. It'll test your skill for sure, but it'll make you a better player as well.

And like the above poster said, these guys are constantly ABUSED. I don't mind giving them a win here and there to keep 'em hunting. Sometimes I really don't know how they keep at it. Props to the FHers out there.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm not sure how or why you can lose sympathy for either "side" as a whole. There are players who use cheap tactics and others who don't, regardless of what side they're on (forest invader or host). Because the forest is known as a gank-heavy place for invaders, you can minimize the amount of ganking by hosting solo in the forest.

As you've encountered, it's still possible to have two invaders gang up on you, but it should be expected every now and again. Just be patient and you can find some really fun 1v1 fights hosting in the forest. Cheap tactics are also going to pop up regardless of what kind of PvP scenario you're in.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 am

If you'll refer back to my original post, you'll see that I wasn't complaining about being ganked, but that one of the gankers felt it necessary to stack PW and TWoP on top of that.
    I just can't get the mentality it takes to think that that is in some way necessary while you already outnumber a person.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 am

The mentality of most hosts are quite horrible. They are of a higher level than you are, yet apparently they can't go on without a phantom or resorting to cheap tactics. They are also a little on the dumb side (No offense), they are so blind and overconfident that it is incredibly easy to backstab them, then when you're trying to be the nice guy and just walk in front of them saying "Here I am!", they take it as if you just tried some uber-cheap tactic and assault you.

Yeah, those are some personal experiences (and no joke). I know forest is a anything-goes-zone, but I also didn't know that it forbid any shred of honor, respect, gratitude or whatever type of kindness exists in a human heart. Feels like it brings out the worst in people or something.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 am

The issue I see here is expectations. The Forest has a different code of ethics than what you guys expect.

In Bai's case, I would have been mad if that blue didn't pull out all the stops to kill a host. Say, I invade. I find a host and his phantom. I start to fight and kill the phantom, while the host is jumping me. Then, I see another blue spawn. My first thought is "reinforcements!", not "another one in line". IMO, not pulling out all the stops to kill the host in the Forest is unethical.

Sei - it does bring out the worst in people. That is why I'm hunting them down one-by-one. Ganker hunting. I have killed over 100 hosts with this one toon (imagine how many battles). I haven't seen one host that didn't jump. Just be thankful they stay in the Forest. We don't need any more gankers outside it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am