Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Strange weapon ascension problem

Sorrow95
    Sorrow95

Strange weapon ascension problem Empty Strange weapon ascension problem

Post by Sorrow95 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

So I'm using a Silver Knight Straight Sword +5, and I'd like to ascend it to +6. I already gave the Large Ember AND the Very Large Ember to Andrei. However, for some reason the option to ascend my weapon to +6 isn't coming up in the Modify tab. The sword is no longer in the Reinforce section either. It seems to have simply disappeared from the list completely. I've tried reading up on this already, but it appears that most people have simply forgotten to give Andrei the embers. Is it just impossible to upgrade this particular weapon past +5, or am I missing something very simple? The only thing I can think of that may have caused an issue is that, being a noob at the time, I refused to give Andrei the Large Ember when he initially requested it. However, I realized that only blacksmiths can make use of it shortly afterward and gave it to him. Did that simply screw up my entire playthrough, or is there hope? I also can't modify my weapon to Raw, even though I've done so with other weapons. Any light someone could shed on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Strange weapon ascension problem Empty Re: Strange weapon ascension problem

Post by WyrmHero Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Nothing strange here LOL, twinkling upgrade stops at +5. You have it maxed out.
    Sorrow95
    Sorrow95

Post by Sorrow95 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Oh I see, I was under the impression it could be upgraded further.....well that solves the matter; thanks very much! At least I'm not worrying about messing up my whole playthrough now.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Can't increase weapons modified with Twinkling titanite, Dragon Scales, or Demon titanite past +5, they don't ascend.

Sorry about the extra answer happy
    Sorrow95
    Sorrow95

Post by Sorrow95 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:12 pm

ICEFANG wrote:Can't increase weapons modified with Twinkling titanite, Dragon Scales, or Demon titanite past +5, they don't ascend.

Sorry about the extra answer happy

No problem, I wasn't aware that I couldn't ascend items modified with Dragon Scales or Demon titanite either.......I feel like an idiot for not noticing this initially.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Well you should!

Haha, don't even worry about it, Dark Souls is a learning process, and I was pleased to be of assistance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 am