Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Golden Knight Build

Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Golden Knight Build Empty The Golden Knight Build

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:49 am

This is my newest pvp build based around quick movement and parrying.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4216348823725805

It focuses on using a +15 ricards rapier and parrying people to justice. What do you think? Any suggestions on things i could improve?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

The Golden Knight Build Empty Re: The Golden Knight Build

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:00 am

Why so high endurance? Could still mid roll at 40. Also you can get a better talisman at 30 faith, the canvas 1 IIRC(check out the wiki page for stats on what talisman is best at different sls)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 am

Drop end to 30 and get the canvas talisman. Why so much str?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:57 am

I don't know but with those stats all I could think to do was see how much Quality weapons like Mura or Flameberg would hurt with SLB on. the answer was "too much"

Your END is definately over kill, as is probably your STR, you could get by on DEX/FAI/VIT alone.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks for the tips. The reason i have my strength so high is so i can wield heavier weapons when needed. I guess i could lower my endurance a bit. I always thought the darkmoon talisman was the best, maybe i am wrong. Anyway thanks for the tips and i kind of cant fix my stats so i will have to change them on another character.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:57 am

Darkmoon talisman is best at 50 faith, 30-40 its the canvas talisman but if your faith is 50 then DM is the way to go,
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:02 am

billy_bayonet wrote:Darkmoon talisman is best at 41+ faith, 30-40 its the canvas talisman but if your faith is 41+ then DM is the way to go,
    Clarified for accuracy.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 am

cheers dough
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 am

Oh ok.. I did not know that about the talisman and faith. Is there anything that is ok with my build, like the armor or weapons?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:32 pm

The armor looks like it's a set you enjoy to Look of, and as such I don't think anyone would critisize it, particularly because it has helm of the wise (which cracks me up) and it happens to hit a poise break point (36 for some 1h resist)

As for your weapons/Shield well Ricards is good, I personally enjoy it quite a lot in PvE. And I think MORE people should use Solaire's shield, its got good stats for a medium thing.

Talismans are confusing (catalysts too) as they have differing base values and scaling values. Which means at some stat values which one offers the highest Magic Adjust is different. Since spell power (How much damage Wrath will do for example, Or how much SLB will increase your AR) is determined by Magic Adjust having the best talisman for the job is important. From what I can tell it's usually Canvas or Darkmoon as 30 and 50 are common stopping places.

I would also point out there is probably a good number of people accustomed to looking at builds from the perspective of SL120 or so. Where your build looks very similar to a build I use, I wanted to fast cast pyromancy WotG and use Darkmoon Blade. Naturally I had 40ish dex and 30 Faith. But I stopped right at 122 out of convention. Imagine my shock when I see such a similar build with FORTY strength compared to my meager 14.

I mention this because I've found SL120 to be quite busy, no matter the time of day I do not wait long for a fight, which I like. I've heard the wait at some levels is terrible. But if you are content with SL 160 (for some special reason, or no real reason just 160 is the level you wanna be at) I would move stats around like so. http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2301627892852624

It seems a shame to be a "high" soul level and in WoS and Not take advantage of a chance to hurl Sunlight Spears. But again take all that with a grain of salt, 28 STR is enough to 2h most weapons (sorry grant) and notably gives you access to DragonSlayerSpear, WashingPole, Murakumo as viable options for swaping around weapons.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 pm

@jansports

I stopped at 160 mainly so i can have my stats at a pretty good level for multiple weapons and strong armor if i need it, but i do see what your trying to do by changing the stats around. The numbers are a little wacky for me, i normally like to keep things ending in 0 or 5 unless its attunement or resist. I should use the lightning spears more often, but i do not have WoG yet so i cant use that.

I did try stopping a build at 120, but the amount of invasions was a little too much for me to handle especially when im not that good at pvp. I like the higher levels because the invasions are still good but it gives me time to relax between fights and reset my setup if i need to.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I see. If you want less overall invasions 160 seems like a great place to stop. If you like even looking numbers I can't be of much help, I have never had any real desire for things to look orderly so I couldn't even begin to take that into account.

This considered 35 strength Should be enough to 2H anything in the game (I'm looking at you Grant) which frees up some points, and 30 strength is enough to 1h Mura still. 25 lets you still use DSS Mura2H and WP 1h I don't think you'd have reason to drop below 25 str at sl160
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:04 pm

@jansports

Yeah i know 25-30 strength is enough to 1H or 2H most weapons so i guess i should lower it a little. I am not that much of a 2H weapon person because i like to have a shield handy incase i start getting hammered with attacks. Plus in my opinion 2 handing a weapon leaves your character open to tons of different attacks. I am not saying its a bad idea to 2H but its just not for me i guess. Thanks for the suggestions though, i might have to try some of the ideas on other builds.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Since you will have to stats for it, at least One time Buff up a +15 Murakumo and hit something. The damage with those stats will be immense
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:12 pm

I usually buff any +15 weapon with SLB and i really enjoy the amount of damage it deals. I always thought about using the murakamo but i dont really know how good it is. Could you describe a good armor and weapon setup involving that weapon?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:38 pm