Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WyrmHero
Heroez Blade
FullMetalDevo
7 posters

Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice?

FullMetalDevo

Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice? Empty Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice?

Post by FullMetalDevo Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Hello. I've read a few FAQ's on these forums, and read some guides and builds for PvP. I've done a little bit of PvP, but it was mostly just going off of a random build and I didn't do much research in to backstabs, dead angles etc etc.

I've tinkered around with a build after doing some reading on stats and such from FAQ's and other build guides, and came up with one of my own.

http://tinyurl.com/c2uj5uf

The premise being to open up with range and maybe make them rush in recklessly, along with fast mobility and ninja roll for back stabs, and fast miracle casting for defensive/offensive purposes. Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by reim0027 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice? Empty Re: Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice?

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Well your armor, weapons, and stats look pretty good. I would recommend putting strength up to atleast 20 or 25. Other than that try not to spam miracles or constantly go for back stabs. Use your weapon when you get a good shot and just keep trying no matter how much you lose.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice? Empty Re: Newbie to PVP: Rate my build and any other advice?

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:00 am

I made some tweaks in your armor, weapons and miracles so that you get most of the build. I changed the Claymore for a Flamberge because at 40 Dex it gets awesome scaling. I changed BI gaunts for giants so that you meet 76 poise, so that you don't get stunlocked by large weapons. I added a buff, SLB, and a few WoG and GMB, which is good against mages and DMB builds. It's a bit OP but as you are new to PvP it's a good way to start. Have fun.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3378864642039623
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 am

I would ditch the Lightning Claymore.... there is a bit of a stigma surrounding that but in the end it doesnt really matter.

Also if you have 40 Dex I would suggest making a +15 dex weapon as while lightning is good at SL 120 most Physical Scaling weapons do more damage than elemental ones and you an buff those ones as well.

Still looks really solid though. Nice build
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 am

Oh by the way I strongly suggest keeping a Silver Knight Spear in the menu so that you swap it when your HP gets low. With your stats it will have maximum AR, and it's easy to use.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 am

AS most have said yes it is a very solid build.

I do however have some concerns about your build.

If you want to use the lighting claymore (amazing weapon choice btw) lighting claymore is more beneficial to tank/Vit stacking builds. kinda wasted otherwise.

However since you want to use the bow (which i highly suggest using poison arrows.) then you are going to want to use a Dex scaling weapon.

For that build i recommend the Marokuma (switch out heal for sunlight blade heal is worthlesss in a 1v1) for the 28 strength because the composite bows strength scaling is amazing but caps out at 26-27 str. my pure archer build is about 26 str 35 dex and its give the most optimal damage scaling.

heres your revised build

http://tinyurl.com/blzxx9m

hope this helps you.

0============={===============================================>
    ALSO! PLZ DOWNVOTE ME! I am Darkwraith! must get as many negative points as possible! because I am Darkwraith! good points are bad, bad points are good!... because you now how the Darkwraiths are the good guys? get it? No? well just downvote me anyways you will feel better about your day.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 am

Mura pwns. 'nuff said. Proper Bow
    FullMetalDevo

Post by FullMetalDevo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:16 am

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll def be trying out those weapon, miracle and armor suggestions and see which I like best.

Cheers!

Edit:

I notice that for each build tweak to my original build/gear that rather than elemental upgrades, that +15 normal seems to be the weapon upgrade of choice. This is despite that, at least superficially, selecting lighting or fire etc boosts the damage value over 100 for each weapon. What's the line of thinking behind this?

Thanks!
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:07 am

you loose 100 dmg, gain about 300 from sunlight weapon.

lighting weapon are great!, but pointless if you don't go Juggernaut/vit stacking build.

if you are going to dump stats into str or dex you want a weapon thats scales, buff the weapon with a weapon enchant and rock sox.

0============={===============================================>
    ALSO! PLZ DOWNVOTE ME! I am Darkwraith! must get as many negative points as possible! because I am Darkwraith! good points are bad, bad points are good!... because you now how the Darkwraiths are the good guys? get it? No? well just downvote me anyways you will feel better about your day.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:45 am

FullMetalDevo wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll def be trying out those weapon, miracle and armor suggestions and see which I like best.

Cheers!

Edit:

I notice that for each build tweak to my original build/gear that rather than elemental upgrades, that +15 normal seems to be the weapon upgrade of choice. This is despite that, at least superficially, selecting lighting or fire etc boosts the damage value over 100 for each weapon. What's the line of thinking behind this?

Thanks!

Elemental AR is always greater than normal, but weaker in terms of damage. With 40 Dex you are wasting scaling points that would be better if the weapon was normal. But with 16 Str / 40 Dex your normal Claymore won't have maximum physical AR, so in this case it's better to have it elemental. If you had 40 Str / 40 Dex then the normal Claymore would be more stronger than the elemental. That's why we are recommending high scaling Dex weapons that are better in terms of damage for your build. Flamberge, spears, katanas, scythes, rapiers, etc.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:51 am

Flipping mask tank
    We meet again...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm