Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
disco2106
new deal
Alara78
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Heroez Blade
Shindori
ICEFANG
cloudyeki
ViralEnsign_
sean1230
16 posters

is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck

sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck Empty is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck

Post by sean1230 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:29 pm

It seems to me that fire weapons r underpowered i know its fun to switch things up but why would anyone make a fire weapon over a lightning weapon....it seems that even enchanted weapons r better...is there a weapon that is particularly good with fire?...because my fire great scythe blows
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck Empty Re: is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Im no expert but Fire resistant armours are far more common than lightning ones. Also I have this feeling and Ill have to check it out that the statistics for Fire Res are also higher than Ltg Res stats. Gimme some time and ill look into it.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck Empty Re: is it me...or do fire enchanted weapons suck

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 pm

What level is it at? because the Chaos upgrade has the highest AR of all the elemental weapons when you have 10 humanity.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:38 pm

And does fire damage right?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:39 pm

Yes, it does. And most common armor (giants, black iron, havel's) have above average fire res
    sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sean1230 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:39 pm

I had a fire chaos spear +5 with ten humanity and it was doing like 220 im willing to bet a buff would out do that...they make ramos the last blacksmith which leads u to believe that fire is going to kick ***...i find it underwhelming
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 pm

I must disagree (is it a +10 fire?), I find that, with my no bonfire SL 400 (which, I will honestly say, I cheated to make, no I don't want to farm souls for a long time when I don't have and no, I have no intention of playing other players, unless I feel being human is needed for this run, if it is, I will kill (or die to) the person and run off, not to mess with other people), I'm using the Greatsword of Artorias, and the only reason I still use that weapon over my favorite weapon (Chaos Gargoyle's Halberd), is because it may have lore value to use, otherwise, bleh! Heck I have 56 STR, 50 DEX, 50 INT, 51 FAI, and its attack rating is about 20-30 higher than the Halberd is, and I think its move set is terrible, too bad its the wolf sword.

Really fire and lightning are the same in most ways, lightning is overall better against other player because more armor that is used, has a higher fire resistances than lightning, most shields guard against fire better, and more shields that are not terrible have amazing fire resistances too (like the Dragon Crest Shield and Black Knight Shield, not overly amazing, but compared to the Occult Shield...). However, fire is usually better in PvE, many many enemies are weak to fire, unless you're in the Izalith part of town, it usually does more damage than the Artorias' Greatsword still!

I prefer Chaos weapons (slightly better than fire, if you can keep 9 or 10 humanity), because it has some degree of scaling. It also has more power, and goes well with my dragon characters I often play. Plus the fire effect is cool, and the fire sound is hot! (Pun intended). There is a reason most players have a lightning weapon though...

(Added in), Spears AR's are pretty bad, its not good when compared them to their +15 versions. Spears just don't do as well with Fire/Chaos/Lightning compared to many other weapons and are better in 40/40 builds.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:41 am

Technically... Vamos is the sdecond one you should encounter. People leave the catacombs for last because it is the way to gravelord nito, but keep in mind, you are meant to face the mask guy as a boss, so he is meant to be a challenge early on.And you can get the embers after ceaseless discharge.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:50 am

I beg to differ...... I have a +10 fire gargoyles halberd and with the hornet ring it is a really good weapon...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:08 am

Doughguy told me it is perhaps because the damage is split. The Phys damage will be affected by the Dam Res Stat, and any real armour will protect you somewhat thus negating the 200 or so AR you normally have, while the Fire Damage hits the Fire Damage stat

so both of you damage types are somewhat negated by thier resistances.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:24 am

Fire weapons don't suck

They merely create that perception by causing a convection cell
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:17 am

As Viral pointed out due to increasing returns on AR by having your damage split into 2 lower ARs against 2 defences you are double killing your damage output. Gargoyles halberd is one of the best elemental weapons as are rapiers for their special properties. Lightning will generally do more damage as lightning resistances are mostly lower than fire.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 am

I never make fire weapons, only chaos. I rarely use elemental weapons though, for the reasons others have stated.
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am

Elemental weapons are all good untill you hit level 100 something. After that you should have enough stats points in either str or dex for a +15 to out-damage an elemental.

Also....don't stare yourself blind on AR. On my Dex character I have both the Laito, Uchigatana and Washing Pole at +15. Washing Pole has the lowest AR of the three, however does the most damage.
    new deal
    new deal
    Casual
    Casual

Post by new deal Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I rarely use elemental weapons though, for the reasons others have stated.

is something wrong with elemental weapons?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am

Yes, at higher lvls the split dmg makes it much more viable to go with a special weapon or +15. The split dmg of elemental weapons has to each go through your opponents defenses separately. Critical attacks seem to ignore defenses though, so if all you do is backstab and parry then elemental is viable.
    sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sean1230 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Yea but if you made that fire gargoyles halberd lightning it would b a little better
    disco2106
    Casual
    Casual

Post by disco2106 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I have a +10 fire msgs and it worked wonders thru ng+ not too shabby in pvp either
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I've found that chaos weapons at 10+ humanity are superior in PvE and equivalent in PvP to lightning weapons. There are various ways to stack lightning resist in PvP via gear and certain shields so lightning weapons aren't as much of an advantage as people think, plus their overwhelming use by griefers at low levels makes many people avoid them at higher levels so you don't look like a jerk. And let's face it, if you can kill someone and set them on fire at the same time, that's going to win a lot of hearts.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 pm

I thought fire weapons raised your crit. Am I wrong about this?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Its not fire weapons, but when preforming a backstab or riposte it does seem like it somewhat ignores defenses. Which is the weakness of elemental weapons, they have to break through the persons defenses. Thats why you might notice that even with good stats a +15 weapon sometimes does less dmg then an elemental version. Normal attacks the +15 weapon would do more dmg though(if you have stats that scale well). Ive been meaning to test this more, i know someone probably has.

Anyone know how much of a difference armor makes in the dmg received from critical hits? Cause i have a 30/40 build and while my +15 rapier does a lot more dmg when it comes to normal attacks, my chaos +5 rapier does more when it comes to critical attacks.
    sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sean1230 Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Well i know i made a lightning uchigatana +5 and it dibout 180 damage on the sentinels so i unenchanted it and made it +15 and it was doing like 217 with 45 dex
    Frostacar
    Frostacar
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Frostacar Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:44 am

I'm quite partial to +10 Fire weapons, Mainly cause I just wanna watch things burn for no reason other then my weapon made it so.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 am

I use a Chaos Dark Sword and Claymore. beastin on fools all
    day long

+10 fire winged spear is nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm