Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
swordiris
Ghadis_God
Carphil
FruitPunchNinja
Baiulus
Eudaemonium
Soul_Reaver
Pesth
Leeroy_Jenkins
13 posters

Builds you plan to take on the DLC with.

Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Builds you plan to take on the DLC with. Empty Builds you plan to take on the DLC with.

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:55 pm

If you guys are as excited about the dlc as I am you have probably thought about what build you are going to tackle it with, this is a post where you can show them and tell why you chose them.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Builds you plan to take on the DLC with. Empty Re: Builds you plan to take on the DLC with.

Post by Pesth Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 am

I'll finally try a pure archer build (obvious reasons) and a Artorias Cosplay (more obvious reasons) big grin , and just speculation, but if the black/dark magic comes out i'll try a necromancer/Unholy paladin, but that isnt certain
    Soul_Reaver

Builds you plan to take on the DLC with. Empty Re: Builds you plan to take on the DLC with.

Post by Soul_Reaver Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:47 am

Yeah, everyone and their grandmother will probably be running an Artorias build of some description. All we're gonna see is Artorias armour as well. I hope there's a few extra armour sets too, just to spice things up, and weapons, need more weapons.

The easiest build will prob be a magic build of some kind, just spam magic at all the bosses and win...

For me, I'll maybe run a dex/fai or dex/int hybrid. That or else a str/dex build.
    Eudaemonium

Post by Eudaemonium Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:14 pm

I only have a single character (yeah, I know, I suck), so I'll be taking on the DLC with her (Str 34, Dex 50, Fai 30) while I scout it for awesomecool new clothes to wear. Hope there's a decent skirt that includes footwear, I'm pretty sure she must have awful callouses by now.

She'll probably be well over level 200 and on NG+++++ by the time it comes out though.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:39 pm

My SL 90 Silly Bugger.
    When I'm not rolling into bosses with Thorn Armor, I'll be slapping them around with lightning bonewheel shields. happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I have also been thinking about this alot, i think im going to use this build sl60 and start the DLC in ng+ (if possible) im still not sure though, might start a fresh game w/o master key or anything. Maybe even do the whole thing at starting SL. Heres what i was thinking of using though http://tinyurl.com/bu23edo or something along those lines.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Soul_Reaver wrote:Yeah, everyone and their grandmother will probably be running an Artorias build of some description. All we're gonna see is Artorias armour as well.

this.

30% giants flipping masks
    30% artorias armor flipping lightning weapons
    40% people with personality
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:03 pm

ya I think I'll use this guy just cause he will probably be able to try out all the new goodies I find.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:15 pm

You're going to do the DLC at sl200+?!? or do you mean another build besides that mystic archer?
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:50 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:You're going to do the DLC at sl200+?!? or do you mean another build besides that mystic archer?
    Do you think its a bad idea?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:58 pm

It will be a cake walk, that would ruin the whole experience for me. To each his own i guess. I would suggest using a much lower lvl character(nothing over sl80) then replaying once you realize what you want to use. Its not all about the weapons/armor/spells, its the challenge of trying to get through the areas for the first time and beat the bosses.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 pm

I'll stomp it with my 200+ FH for the new items and such, then tackle it with some of my lower level toons.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Really!!? That seems like no fun what so ever to me. Will you at least be doing it in ng+ or ++? No offense, play however you want.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:06 pm

I want to take it on with my SL 200 but I'm scared it will be too easy and I want that Dark souls challenge. Might make a new toon a month before release.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Trust me if you are even sl120 it will be too easy. You guys are really going to ruin that first time through feeling that is so great about dark souls. Actually you all just convinced me to do it at starting lvl, or nothing over sl20. I do want to try stuff if i really like how it looks, so actually being really low lvl isnt bad cause i can always lvl up to use said item.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:14 pm

What if it was designed to be difficult for 225 even and they were hiding that fact just to be sadistic.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Trust me if you are even sl120 it will be too easy. You guys are really going to ruin that first time through feeling that is so great about dark souls. Actually you all just convinced me to do it at starting lvl, or nothing over sl20. I do want to try stuff if i really like how it looks, so actually being really low lvl isnt bad cause i can always lvl up to use said item.
    mabey your right I guess i could start a new charecter for it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm

swordiris wrote:What if it was designed to be difficult for 225 even and they were hiding that fact just to be sadistic.

Then i am going to have one hell of a good time trying to tackle it with my low lvl character, i honestly hope it is that difficult.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Thinking of making a SL100 dex build so if i need to put points elsewhere to wield/use something i can.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:46 pm

How would a Strength/Pyro build work? It is something I haven't tried before.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

ehh str pyro isnt the best combo, cause for pyro to be at its best it needs dex to increase cast times. Honestly though for pve it would work fine.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Inte/Faith build, as always. Heavy on the magic, with Velka's Talisman, and favoring ripostes if melee is necessary.

Also thinking of doing a Gwynevere, Velka or Griggs build if our character names show up.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 pm

I think I have decided on making a Pyromancer with Faith healing to back her up. Gonna make her a princess guard because most people don't do it. Might make a princess guard user covenant but I already own the Messengers.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

well i know its unlocked by stages, as the manticore boss can only be fought after O&s so... i bet it progress' in difficulty at the same rate as the main game (artorias would be saved until you reach the kiln i bet!)
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 pm

I heard the DLC takes place behind the Hydra where you save Dusk. Is this true?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:26 pm