Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Domassus
Pesth
OmegaDivider
7 posters

Build Assistance

OmegaDivider
    OmegaDivider

Build Assistance Empty Build Assistance

Post by OmegaDivider Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Greetings! I have been trying to think of builds that break away from my norm and I came up with this, a ninja build silly (nothing new, I know but it seems fun/interesting for me)

http://tinyurl.com/7lfe5w3

It would mainly be for messing around in PvP with my friend, using Chameleon for surprise attacks what not...But I'm having some trouble, what should I use for my Left hand 1? I was thinking possibly the Uchigatana, but I don't really know... I'm going to 2h the Washing pole, but I don't know if I should 2h the Iaito as well or go for something else, any suggestions?

Also, any armor combos that would make me look more like a ninja other than what I put up? Other than the shadow set.

I thank you kindly for taking the time to read/assist ^^ I wish you a pleasant day.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Build Assistance Empty Re: Build Assistance

Post by Pesth Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:30 pm

a target shield? for that fun surprise parry :face:
    Domassus
    Domassus
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Domassus Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Squeeze one more in attunement maybe and take a pyromancy glove for maybe gc, power within, or the underrated flash sweat imo.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 pm

too many katanas! try something different like a rapier to keep messing with your opponent.
    OmegaDivider
    OmegaDivider

Post by OmegaDivider Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 pm

RantFromRant wrote:too many katanas! try something different like a rapier to keep messing with your opponent.

I see what you mean, but this is supposed to be a ninja build, what would you suggest for another ninja-like weapon that isn't a katana/rapier (may go with Velkas if that is the case)

Edit: Changed it up quite the bit. Looks a lot more interesting now :p
    http://tinyurl.com/7hwnuz2
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm working on a ninja build with the Chaos Blade and Great Scythe, my offhand is the GCS for my back while 2Hing, while 1h I use a Bandit's Knife for the quick hit and parry.
    CandleMax
    CandleMax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by CandleMax Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 am

I'd probably go with the bandit dagger and target shield, so you can sneakily backstab your friend
    Domassus
    Domassus
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Domassus Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

For other weapon options I'd say your strongest choice is maybe the falchion. It feels pretty ninja to me still for some reason. Beyond that you could pull off some pretty manly weapons for how underwhelming they are; notably the shotel, claw, or notched whip imo. Actually screw it throw a notched whip in your offhand. It causes bleed and still let's you parry.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I had a ninja build that used a winged spear, it looked VERY ninja ish. Also going dex/pyro is by far one of the most viable build options. Heres my suggestion, obviously tweak it according to your preferences. Also why hornets if you will mostly be dueling a friend? http://tinyurl.com/6ruzyfw If you dont care about poise(i gave you enough to tank one greatsword hit) then replace the wolf with ring of favor. The shield i picked just because i think it adds to the ninja look, lol. Its actually not that bad of a shield though.

I know you want to use chameleon, but its really useless in pvp unless you are a really good caster. I get that you are just messing around, so maybe go with this if you want it that badly. Pyro would be a much better choice though. Sorry you probably wont even read this,lol.
    http://tinyurl.com/8876ktj
    OmegaDivider
    OmegaDivider

Post by OmegaDivider Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I had a ninja build that used a winged spear, it looked VERY ninja ish. Also going dex/pyro is by far one of the most viable build options. Heres my suggestion, obviously tweak it according to your preferences. Also why hornets if you will mostly be dueling a friend? http://tinyurl.com/6ruzyfw If you dont care about poise(i gave you enough to tank one greatsword hit) then replace the wolf with ring of favor. The shield i picked just because i think it adds to the ninja look, lol. Its actually not that bad of a shield though.

I know you want to use chameleon, but its really useless in pvp unless you are a really good caster. I get that you are just messing around, so maybe go with this if you want it that badly. Pyro would be a much better choice though. Sorry you probably wont even read this,lol.
    http://tinyurl.com/8876ktj

Thanks ^^ when I said I would be with a friend, I meant chill in the forest and do 1v1s/2v2s and what not with the invaders (depending on how honorable they are being at the time silly) So, chameleon/the ring would have been for more dirty tactics in the case of 2 invaders and what not, but I decided on not going with it. I did not think of the winged spear though, very interesting. I'll need to look into that, his flame is currently +11, so it isn't much longer before it hits ascended +5
    And as a side note, I really enjoy Priscilla's dagger silly

Thanks for the assistance thus far everyone ^^ I have quite a lot to experiment with now
    Domassus
    Domassus
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Domassus Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 pm

I had a few days where I used Priscilla's. Good luck man. 2 handed roll attack is pretty safe but it gets predictable.
    OmegaDivider
    OmegaDivider

Post by OmegaDivider Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up Domassus, it would be more used if the opponent is too cozy dodging the katana/Avelyn. Although the winged spear that FruitpunchNinja suggested would work as well if Priscilla's fails. Or the notched whip...that would be funny :3

Thank you again everyone ^^
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 pm

whips can actually be good weapons if you use them sparingly. They can not be parried, so they are basically tools to punish people who try and parry a lot. With 40-45 dex you will do pretty decent dmg too,usually from aroumd 250-350 depending on opponents armor ext. Those number are off the top of my head, but its close.
    OmegaDivider
    OmegaDivider

Post by OmegaDivider Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 pm

:o Interesting, after using the dagger a bit, I think I will try out the whip, sure it will have a better attack range than it, best to go get my hands on one ^^ Thanks everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm