Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Low Level PvP/Invasion

LordOfTheNap
    LordOfTheNap

Low Level PvP/Invasion Empty Low Level PvP/Invasion

Post by LordOfTheNap Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been playing Dark Souls for a while now, and I want to start dabbling in PvP. I'd like to keep it low SL, around 20 or so fun. Is this viable if I want to fight around the burg/church? Just looking for some input. big grin
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Low Level PvP/Invasion Empty Re: Low Level PvP/Invasion

Post by DxV04 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Join the gravelord army's tour of lordran.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t7485-ps3-xbox-gravelord-tour-of-lordran-pvp-curse-event-starts-july-21st

You will get plenty of input cheers

Just read the OP and if you have questions feel free to PM me or post them in the thread. That would be prefferable.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Welcome to the forums! Bow

Its definitaly viable PVP in Burg and Parish, assuming that you get End game gear because you will have to face overpowered griefers (those expect to invade newbies mostly). And if planning invading, you can find a lot of gankers (people who summon two phantoms only to kill invaders) and a lot of glitchers too.

at this soul level, I would say that you will find 30% newbies looking for help, 60% gankers and 10% duelers (burg/parish)

However, this soul level also grants you fair and nice PVP at others low level areas, like Blighttown, Depths, Sens fortress...

I also recomend you to check out this thread
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 am

I'd strongly advise going to higher SL for a better PvP experience. At that level, you'll find only the dealers, and receivers of grief. While 120 is one unofficial cap, if you plan on using the resources the Forum provides, I'd suggest making 225; you'll be able to find some guaranteed duels with other forum goers. For more esoteric levels PvP, I'd suggest checking out the various covenants, both user and in-game. Gravelords can do PvP within Co-op ranges, Darkmoons have a not fully understood system that can you let you invade people lower than you, but Darkwraiths give some of the most consistent PvP action around. As well, you can look at the User Covenants that also provide PvP action at various Soul Levels, most notably the Lifehunter's at SL80, and the Darkstalkers at SL55.

Generally speaking, the Burg is full of tough opponents, and I would stay away from it early on if you want to get into PvP; at the lowest level, it will just be fully equip players, and the higher you go, the more skill they have to back it up. Instead, the Klin of the First Flame is a good place to get your first PvP experience. Try finding out what part of the game is the most fun to you: fighting ganks, being a part of them, dueling, or just making mischief. You are playing the game for fun, so don't let other people impose their rules on you. However, most (if not all) people get bored of being ganker, or trouble-maker, so the best advice I can give you is actually try noticing what you are doing; write down your mistakes, even just a 5 word blurb for fight will show you what you need to work on.

Just to note, SL 20 is a fun PvE experience, and you'll be able to enjoy the challenges of Lordran a bit better if you are already so close to death.
    LordOfTheNap
    LordOfTheNap

Post by LordOfTheNap Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

Thank you all for your great feedback! I've been able to glance at the guides since yesterday, and they have helped me form some idea of where I really want to go with this character. I've decided to go a little higher in SL with my first PvP-centric build, up to 30 for more flexibility. The Gravelord option sounds like a lot of fun; I just need to get all the right items. I'll post my desired character planner link in the right thread for review. big grin

On second thought, I'll post it here for relevance.

Gravelord Low-SL Build

I know that in order to get my desired items, I need to get into the Darkwraith covenant, which might be difficult. I also have a Pyromancy Flame +5 and spells to switch out with Heal if I want to rely on flasks. The reason I chose Cleric was to get my Heal/Canvas Talisman/Astora Straight Sword for the early game. What do you think?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:46 pm

twisted The gravelord army grows!! ( I won silly ) kidding aside.

What do you need? will you hang out with us on the 21st for few hours?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 am