Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Maneater_Mildred
GrinTwist
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
Azran
whitechikz11
Forum Pirate
bloodpixel
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
fearandwhiskey
GkMrBane
swordiris
cloudyeki
Carphil
User
roanispe
About8547Souls
SunlightCrusader
JohnnyHarpoon
Darkson
DoughGuy
Serious_Much
dancash1808
Uparkaam
Wade_Wilson
skarekrow13
bunnywink
34 posters

Random Off-Topic

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Random Off-Topic - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Off-Topic

Post by User Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Well god created everything, you would think that perhaps find some light in treating his other children the same whether biological or not. Of course, I guess a bastard child can only gain so much. As you say yourself, we are not biologically the son of god, just metaphorically. As the prophets before said, man was created with the other animals and such by god when he created the world... Would be easy to say Jesus is his son, as he would gave to impregnate his own children. As the love between child and mother/father should not be as religion proclaims, however god broke it... Makes you wonder.

I find it funny the difference between enlightenment from one belief is to another. The Greeks myth of Prometheus and the Flame of the Gods is very similar to Lucifer and the Forbidden Fruit. Seeing as how the Greek god of Zeus and Christianity/Catholics have a god of similar shape... The Romans tool the idea of Zeus and Greek mythology to add to theirs, naming him Jupiter. Catholic religion seems to have sprouted their ideas of similar taste from the Roman's existing belief later on. Curious to note, how Prometheus and the Flame was a good thing for man, while lucifer and the forbidden fruit is seen as a bad thing. I find that to be rather funny.

Religion is there to create stability, to make sure that ideas and order of a certain ordeal live on for civilizations... It does not make them good or evil. As you said, religion changes, and beliefs change. The views of Catholics and christians have changed drastically from before to now. If such change occurs, and such lines and subjective content within such religions change... Does it not show irrelevance? That a belief is no absolute, that it can change with the people, and thus they can be removed. Contrary to what many may think now, Jesus might one day die from being a highly seen person, as well as Mohammed, Buddha, and other things... Just as other religions before have died.

Time and change have a funny way of shifting things. As religion shows for proof of relative and absolute, one wonders how long these things will exist before being replaced by a new belief. One can say that the aspect of science, the new religion and belief of now, is doing it as we speak.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:08 pm

And then there was 6 bottles full in the giant's womb, perhaps there will be a seventh. Random Off Topic has filled to 1000, perhaps a remake is due... To fill the next bottle down the way.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

In modern society were we already know so much about coherences of the universe (I have no idea if those words make sense, note that I'm not a native speaker) we really don't need to believe in something based on a book with what random people started to write down like 3000 years ago.

For example, I just had a lot of housework to do and while I was doing it I made up a song and it's called "I Got Some Housework To Do" and it goes like this: I got some housework to do I got some housework to do I got some housework some housework to do do do (repeat) and that really has nothing to do with this topic actually
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Yet we know so little.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:20 am

Hello! happy
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 am

There is simply too much to know about the universe. You couldn't learn it all in an entire lifetime, even were all of the knowledge readily available. And even with that knowledge there would always be theories. Humans in general like to believe in something more, they like to think that there is something more for them to obtain.

Humans are greedy individuals after all.

So why wouldn't they believe in a deity of some form? It offers them something to attain even after death. I can't say with hard cold fact that God exists, in any form or any religion. But so many people have faith in it. Yet I wonder how many do it because they truly believe in it, or whether it is simply for the rewards they are set to attain... (Speaking of Christianity or any religion that tells of rewards after death if you are "Righteous".)

And that is in itself funny. You do good, you get a reward. It makes us sound more like dogs than Human.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 am

It is. But I am one in Tge few who believe that void will be the most likely of introductions when death finally grasps hold. Something more might be nice, even hell... But I have a feeling that I will just go back home.

My god is simple, and I know lives. He is they, and the unification of their identity makes them what we call Humanity. Man is not my god... But Humanity to be. Every choice I make relates to it. That is what I choose to believe.

And the greatest gift I can give for them is growth and longer life. Maybe not for man individually, but the whole itself. I see them as my father as much as my children and sibling. My relationship with humanity is complex yet simple. I may not take care of all man individually... But I will take care of humanity. Odd, as a paradox arrives. I care not for the people that exist individually, however all together I want to see them prosper.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:46 am

I disagree, the faith is what keeps us in good sanity, even if the thing some believe does not exists, they can live happy unlike most animals who only care about food. Is what makes humans differents from dogs.

A dog don't know or don't care what will happen after he is dead, but the human simply can't live without questioning.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 am

And that is what makes Humans so interesting. The very thing that makes us strong is what causes us the most pain. Were we more simplistic, our lives would be more peaceful and the world may not be in the state it is in now. (Note that I said "may", for no one really knows what would be were things different.)

And yet because we are so complex, we progress our society and develop new views. Every day there is something new to learn, and as a society we gobble all of this information up and use it to improve ourselves. And yet despite our attempts to improve our lives we only seem to make things worse.

Humanity is the best at making things worse with the best of intentions at heart. Maybe we could learn from dogs, and just enjoy a simple life. Dogs are happy aren't they? They don't destroy one another for no reason at all. Heck, give a dog a bone and some food and tell me he doesn't look happy.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 am

Dogs can reach a state other than happiness. Sadness and Anger, Depression, Confusion, and other states of emotion and thought can be obtained. The best comparison of a dog is a child, and even then I feel the child is less blissful than a Dog... I hope man will find a better form of bliss than what dogs have, ignorance is not one something should be proud of their blissfulness for.

It is best to see that humanity and man is what it is for one of its greatest qualities that have defined them from beginning to end: Variety; Both in essence and form.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:28 am

There certainly is variety in humanity. More-so than in dogs. Although dogs too are capable of varying emotions and personality. But then, they are just dogs and are only capable of so much.

My only hope for humanity is that instead of using our abilities to destroy, that we can one day begin to create. Perhaps in a way we are still in a fledgling stage. A stage where we destroy what we create, because we do not see it as good enough. Like an artist balling up a failed attempt at a drawing.

It is on a far more grand canvas, and our mistakes cost us dearly. But in essence it is still the same thing.

I won't be around to see it though. Sadly my life isn't going to take me any further than another 60-80 years at best. But despite the complex thought I am capable of, I only want something simple for myself. I just want to be happy like a dog is. Not ignorant, because I'm not talking about their capacity for learning or thought. But emotionally, happy.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:43 am

Man creates to destroy, as man has destroyed to create. The atomic bomb is a good example of accomplishing both, despite how some disagree. Its creation lead towards destruction that was possible, including nuclear weapons; It's destruction of the Japanese was a creation of a new era, strife, construction, and view of many things both good and bad.

One should appreciate what man can do in both destruction and creation. Besides, not all creations are right as well as not all destructions are wrong. People say that man dies more than the past. True, it is, however many do not take in account how many are born and live as well. If it was not for tools of destruction (and yes, weapons are a form of tool, for better or worse), man would not have been able to conquer other hardships other than man itself. Axes and Hammers, spears, and other tools are more than destruction, they also help with construction in many aspects. Other weapons have proven this as well. Tools of construction have also shown potential to destroy as well.

Construction and Destruction are not Ying and yang, rather are like neutrons and protons: They create an atom that is revolved with energy.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:28 am

This is an enjoyable talk. But alas there is one thing that no one can view differently on, and that is that we as human beings sometimes require sleep. Although I suppose there is someone in the world who would be stubborn enough to argue that point....

Either way, sleep calls.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:54 am

Dear god I had the worse 2 hours. I was leaving Dave and Buster's because I have work in 9 hours, and just barely out of the parking lot of the 2 mile westfield mall, my moped's spark plug craps out on me. "No biggy" I said. "I got a spare, all I need are my tools." Go for my wrench... And remember I put ALL my tools in my tool box in the garage. So I spent the last 2 hours pedaling this 100+ pound bastard with inadequate for pedaling sprockets UP LAKE AVENUE. My legs are deader then dead. They're so dead my great great great great grandkids are feeling it!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 am

I think you should get a motorcycle.

lol
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:06 am

As do I, but I can't do manual shifting. Also I don't have a motorcycle license.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:14 am

Perhaps a bicycle
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:16 am

Random Off-Topic - Page 4 21915_0_1_2_sprint_Image%20credits%20-%20Tomos

This is what I'm driving right now. And I even did some personal tuning on her. Problem is when I forget my tools/money/to refill her. Otherwise she does beyond amazing, specially with the hills I constantly have to go up and down.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 am

Looks cooplevthan most mopeds I have seen, I can say that much. However, I wonder how the rider looks on it winking
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I'll get back to you on that. Maybe when I find my blasted tripod I'll take a pro pic of me on it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm impressed the scholarly discussion carried on for the rest of that page, kudos guys silly

NOw back to the randomness, and while bikes are cool, they are rather annoying to spot on the roads when you're driving, always scared I'm gonna not see them and injure someone when they're on a bike :|
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:17 pm

When I'm no longer broke....I shall have a motorcycle. I hope
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm getting a tatto, from one arm to the next, from neck till waist. Back to front, the scars will show, with a broken chest and a yellow organ, with tree roots extending from the hole to the rest of the body, holding creatures of life at different parts of the body.

Glorious, my money is saved for.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 pm

That sounds kinda.. epic, though I'm not too much a fan of tattoos.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Make sure to bring a book for that session. Or books. Or multiple sessions I suppose

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:15 pm