Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Bcc17
StarbrightDS
6 posters

Recording a Shield Only play through

StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Recording a Shield Only play through Empty Recording a Shield Only play through

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:22 pm

As the subject says, I just started recording a Shield Only play through because I have never seen it and I was wondering if anyone had ever done it before that might have some sort of advice or tips? Things to watch out for, the type of shield to use, bosses/enemies that may be issues, etc...

Is it viable? Am I wasting my time? Any info you guys have would be good. happy
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Recording a Shield Only play through Empty Re: Recording a Shield Only play through

Post by Bcc17 Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:38 pm

It's definitely do-able. Gonna be hard as hell though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vz3XLu_NmQ&feature=relmfu
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Recording a Shield Only play through Empty Re: Recording a Shield Only play through

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 pm

I actually just found this out, but you know you can actually upgrade the spiked shield with bladestone?
    StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Haha, that video is great. I'm so looking forward to recording more of this series and getting up to the more difficult bosses.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:07 pm

kill king doran with a spiked shield and i will bow down to your all mighty ness

Recording a Shield Only play through 1330857165
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:20 pm

I know EpicNameBro did a shield-only Flamelurker kill, but I haven't heard of a full playthrough.

Good luck; all masochists need it!
    StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 pm

lol King Doran! I can barely kill him with a weapon! Yes, I've heard of doing doing a boss or two but never a full run. This is going to be fun.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Everyone kills doran with backstabs or ripostes, you would be the man if you did it with a spiked shield. I would highly suggest you make a dex build and use bladestones to upgrade the spiked shield. Even though normally that would be an insane waste of ore.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 pm

King doran is a mentalist parries are your freind with him though if your confident
    StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:49 am

billy_bayonet wrote:King doran is a mentalist parries are your freind with him though if your confident

I'm afraid! Besides I actually tried to test parries, you can Parry but you cannot riptose with a shield.

To be honest I might just skip Doran altogether. The only thing that would have been nice to have is his ring. I can't use the armor and a Sword is not a weapon! Only shields are!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 am

yea but he has bad *** armor, if you are playing a male character. Hes my favorite fight in the game to be honest. Unless you cheese him by abusing his tracking, hes the hardest enemy in either of the souls games imo.
    StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Old King Doran is the hardest enemy compared to all enemies and bosses, I agree. But I'm not a guy nor is any characters I ever make so his armor is useless to me.

I may or may not try to fight him. I'll have to see. If there's a demand for it I will. But that will probably be later in the series anyway.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:09 pm

You could probably pull it off by hitting him running to the bridge and waiting for him to stop following you. Its the theif ring tactic for killing him, its kinda boring imo though. I can understand not wanting to fight him head on with a shield(or any weapon really). Its literally just a test of how long you can last w/o getting hit, and it can take a good 10min to kill him depending on your weapon.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:28 pm

If you're really after his ring, then yeah, it's gonna be tough lol. But if you just want the armor, you could make a female toon and go for Miralda's Binded Set. For all intents and purposes it's the exact same thing as the Ancient King armor (just for females winking) and Miralda is a much, much easier kill happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Do you mean the binded set or the Dull Gold set? im pretty sure the dull gold set is supposed to be the female equivalent to dorans armor. Its also my favorite armor in the game, male or female.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Do you mean the binded set or the Dull Gold set? im pretty sure the dull gold set is supposed to be the female equivalent to dorans armor. Its also my favorite armor in the game, male or female.

Dull Gold is the equivalent of the Dark Silver. Both the Dull Gold and Dark Silver impede stamina regeneration and offer higher than average magic defense. Ancient King and Binded are the sets that offer the most defense without hindering stamina regeration and offer higher than average fire defense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm