Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
swordiris
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shakie666
lordgodofhell
Gunny1963
Pesth
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Federally
DoughGuy
RANT
Shindori
19 posters

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

Post by RANT Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Also I use the DGA and its viable but you need really good timing and your back next to a wall as much as possible since EVERYONE will do nothing but try to bs you.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is.. - Page 2 Empty Re: I see a lot of debate on what the stronguest weapon is..

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 pm

rolling r1 on the dga is a 360 spin, that works well as a bs defense. also smoughs hammer deserves an honorable mention as does the great club.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Its obviously the whip. I mean your opponent sees that and he is gona be too terrified to fight you properly

(in all seriousness I think it depends on far too many factors not least your opponents setup therby meaning that a "best" may not even exist. however if we were talking strictly strongest I believe it is the demons great axe +15 and buff. or the normal greataxe elemental if you are not buffing.)
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:11 am

Shakie666 wrote:
    lordgodofhell wrote:
    Is this a debate on what the strongest weapon is? Or is it asking us what constitutes a weapon as "strong?"

I have some fav weapons that include Crystal Washing Pole+5, MLGS+5, Falchion +15 with dmb, Darkmoon Tali at 50 faith, and lightning Avey+5 with zap bolts for anti griefing, and forest gankers.

DGM has an insane AR and among STR weapons I would call it the best. Great moveset and people tend to shy away from parrying it.

Skill as previously mentioned is important but that is not a weapon.

For low level PVP (40s) I am favoring the lightning dagger as of late. using it for parrys with hornet causes 1600+ on riposte to undead burg enemies. Insta killed Havel on a riposte!

I think when considering best weapon, armor and defense should be taken into account. Slow weapons will often require tanking or BS fishing to be effective.

Just some points.

A crystal washing pole?!? That would only have 6 durability!

Also, if your going for parries wouldn't a bandits knife be better? It has the same base damage (i think) but higher crit multiplier.

Also, i wouldn't know because i'm horrendous at pvp, but what does everyone think of the DGA? I really like its 1h R2 attack, and its got good damage. I haven't formulated a decent pvp build yet though.

EDIT: I just threw this build together, using the DGA with DMB. Whaddya all think?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=ZGVwcml2ZWQsNTAsMTEsNjAsNDAsMTEsMTEsMTEsMTEsMTAsNTIsMCwxNCw1MCwzMSwyNSwzNiwzNiwwLDAsY2hhb3MsbGlnaHRuaW5nLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbg==
    Uhmm.. thasts my old boar build, you little runt.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:37 am

To my knowledge the DGA has the highest damage per hit in the game, the bkga the highest dps in the game. Strictly speaking, that would make them the strongest. Strength doesn't translate to effectivness however. Thats on the players.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:27 am

Real men fight unequipped.

All skill man silly
    Carthage
    Carthage

Post by Carthage Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi there,

Sorry for TOTAL noob:oops: , but could someone please explain stuff like DGM, DGA, DMB etc. etc.

Thank youu;)
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Pesth wrote:whell... i never thought the light zwei could do more damage then a 99\99\99\99 sword of artorias :shock:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3888325804046772 <- proof

The difference is that the great sword can be swung twice as fast as the Zwei though....So it's DPS would be way higher.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Carthage wrote:Hi there,

Sorry for TOTAL noob:oops: , but could someone please explain stuff like DGM, DGA, DMB etc. etc.

Thank youu;)

DGM - Demon Great Machete
    DGA - Demon Great Axe
    DMB - Darkmoon Blade
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't know about "strongest", but I've given up on huge weapons like the DGM. They just feel cumbersome and unwieldy to me, like the character doesn't really know how or have the strength to swing the weapon properly. For me, Greatswords strike the perfect balance between power and versatility, they're the "best" weapons in my opinion.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 pm

The topic was strongest, not best.

My favorite weapons are ultra great swords. I'm ok with being slow, I like pure power.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Rant is really good with the DGM, i would say do what he does and use the rolling r1 attack as effectively as possible. I too like Greatswords, but ultra greatswords are obviously much more powerful in terms of dmg per hit.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:41 pm

The rolling r1 just gets me roll bsd unless its a counter. Most of my kills are dead angeling the bs attempts with the r1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 pm