Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
dancash1808
Juutas
mrbeckham87
T-King-667
Joichiro
swordiris
Forum Pirate
Spurgun
Knight Alundil
skarekrow13
Bamjam
Odinbear
bunnywink
DamageCK
cloudyeki
bloodpixel
DoughGuy
retro
FruitPunchNinja
LordRevan
RandelOolacile
JohnIII
26 posters

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

Post by Joichiro Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:35 am

i dont see the point in using the same **** strategies like they do, even on them.

i think the forest as the ultimate challenge of every pvp player in dks. i mean, if you could go in there and win against those griefers only relying in your skills and not using the same methods/exploits, then you sir are a killing machine and a very good one.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest Gankers Doubleteaming and using noob tactics

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:41 am

swordiris wrote:Just a question.

What is the definition of a ganker?

only ran across the terminology after joining the forum
    The people who wait at spawn points with a phantom or 2 to kill invaders, use the dried finger, repeat.

No strategy is wrong, and limiting yourself for purposes other than training is foolish if you intend to win.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 am

Limiting your tactics when facing a gank will usually get you killed. If three dudes are standing there when I spawn in... eff that. And I'll do anything to kill them. Anything. I don't care how dirty/cheap/"OP" it is, if it's available to me I'm using it. Period. Anti-ganking isnt about pride, it's about retribution and punishment. I'm not going to feel bad for wrath spamming some jerkoff to death. I'm just not.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm

What i hate about the forest area is when im there by myself waiting to get invaded by a hunter, one invades, he purposly waits in the woods for a second hunter invader then they 2v1 gank the hell out of me.
    mrbeckham87
    mrbeckham87
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mrbeckham87 Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:23 pm

I like the way Doughguy put it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:37 pm

I agree with T-king. I was just in forest solo and litterally every single invasion was 1 after another in a matter of seconds and they would 2vs1 me. A few times it was two blues one red. The forest has no rules and im fine with that. I guess the host gankers have the slight advantage of being able to attack as you spawn, but thats if you happen to be where they think. So i dont understand saying one side is worse then the other, cause thats just not the case in my opinion. They both suck, lol!
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Can somebody make a forest hunting build for me and then PM it to me?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Level up as high as you can and be able to effectively use a variety of tactics. Start with a weapon you want to roll with and make the build started that way. IN my case Great Scythe so Dex. I like Heavy Armor and need stamina for my weapon so endurance. Those were my primary stats. Make sure you have some pyro to go with that. Once you start leveling then you add int. or faith and work in sorcery and miracles. Don't forget some vitality along the way.
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:01 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Level up as high as you can and be able to effectively use a variety of tactics. Start with a weapon you want to roll with and make the build started that way. IN my case Great Scythe so Dex. I like Heavy Armor and need stamina for my weapon so endurance. Those were my primary stats. Make sure you have some pyro to go with that. Once you start leveling then you add int. or faith and work in sorcery and miracles. Don't forget some vitality along the way.
    Shouldn't I just go up to 12o though?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Forest hunters don't have any limitations on invading. There is an attempt to match you with someone close first but then it will cycle though all levels looking. I'm currently at near 220 and face a range of levels. Most are near mine but when the upper levels are slow it'll go to other ranges. And trust me......it'll be rare that you get a random low level host that you feel bad for destroying.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm almost never at the forest...that kind of PvP just doesn't interest me too much. No real battles, just sad examples of what is the worst possible PvP out there.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Feels good to win against stacked odds though. as much as I dislike gankers I have to admit they provide a service for people craving a challenge in some kind of odd way.
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

If I level up to 200, will I still get invaded dark anor londo by darkmoons wearing their ring? I don't want to give that up.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Pretty sure that's not restricted by level caps either.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm

lots of characters solves everything.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:59 pm

John....My level 200+ can help you again. I have a pretty unstable internet connection so it's rare that anyone can invade me consistently. However, he's still been prey to a double Darkmoon fun time invasion before while just trying to innocently buy some feather and dragon slayer arrows. Multiple characters isn't a bad idea either though.
    miamihur21

Post by miamihur21 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 pm

yea ive come to expect it in the forrest but what really pissed me off was the other day i was dble teamed by these two guys a couple of times when on the third time i get another invader with me and its finaly a fair fight the red guy with me kills his partner so the guy im fighting runs away to a tree next thing i know im being disconnected from the hosts world.....u know who u r.....now tell me thats not the biggest [email=P@##Y]P@##Y[/email] playing this game right now
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Ahh the forest, beautiful trees that want to kill you, NPC's that hate you, steam rolling thunder cats that want to eat you and my favorite forest hunters that chain bs you off a cliff. What's not to like. I feel your frustration op but believe me it gets better. With some experience you will be spanking invaders all over lordran.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:53 pm

The last time i was in the forest hunters all i could ever find was 3 vs 1. Most of the time they would all have wrath of god aswell. I really despise the use of that miracle...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 pm

How? How the hell did a thread from the BEGINNING OF JUNE get necrobumped?! This should be locked.
    CrystallineKnight

Post by CrystallineKnight Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 pm

DamageCK wrote:Limiting your tactics when facing a gank will usually get you killed. If three dudes are standing there when I spawn in... eff that. And I'll do anything to kill them. Anything. I don't care how dirty/cheap/"OP" it is, if it's available to me I'm using it. Period. Anti-ganking isnt about pride, it's about retribution and punishment. I'm not going to feel bad for wrath spamming some jerkoff to death. I'm just not.

WOTG's for me is just a great opportunity to get in a swooping backstab, I love it when gankers spam that big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am