Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
Gazman0169
6 posters

Rate my build from a PvP perspective...

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Rate my build from a PvP perspective... Empty Rate my build from a PvP perspective...

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:41 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3857045136555813

It's my first attempt at a creating a purpose-built build, and so I opted for one that I could use in both PvE and PvP.

So how did I do?

(And be kind! lol) lol
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Rate my build from a PvP perspective... Empty Re: Rate my build from a PvP perspective...

Post by RANT Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:57 am

maybe this? http://tinyurl.com/6tluwtb your vit is a little low since everyone has viit builds or over 1800 hp
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Rate my build from a PvP perspective... Empty Re: Rate my build from a PvP perspective...

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Rant, but what do you think of this?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2184540037175666

You'll see that I've scrapped the whole wanting to wear Dark gear idea, opting for improved Poise, Stamina, and HP, amongst other things. This came about after I got my butt royally kicked by an Invader in Sen's armed only with a constant stream of poison darts (oh the shame :oops: ), it was a long due wake-up call over the importance of Poise, which I had pretty much disregarded up until this point (what a Muppet :oops: ).
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 pm

You need your catalyst in your offhand and your talisman in your main in order to buff. I think that heal is a waste of a spell slot but YMMV I would advocate dropping the str and the faith and 2 attunement putting your pyro flame on so you can actually use it and upping INT to the point where you can crystal magic weapon nicely. Ill do a build later...
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Done, pack some healing items to make up for your lack of spell and your good to go. also remember the unupgraded flame for power within. http://tinyurl.com/7hk7b6q
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks. In my rush to get the build finalised I didn't realise that I'd got the hands mixed up, duh! lol
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:03 pm

and in terms of PvP you do not want spells with a longer windup time, go with normal great soul arrows.
    and it happens silly its fine xD
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:30 pm

use dwgr or rofp, go 50% burden, get 53 - 76+ poise, 1500-2000+ hp
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:07 pm

*shuns* winking I suspect he does not want to use those... since you know if he did he probably would have noticed them by now...
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I started out using the DWGR, but the novelty quickly wore off. I have, however, decided to use the RoFP, along with the Wolf Ring, and have decided to forego any investment in Faith altogether. Once again thanks for all the advice.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Not a problem big grin you are aware of the key poise breakpoints right (meaning you dont need the full blown havels on your hands)
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Yep, and so they've also been shelved.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Okay happy hope it works out nice for you happy
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:I started out using the DWGR, but the novelty quickly wore off. I have, however, decided to use the RoFP, along with the Wolf Ring, and have decided to forego any investment in Faith altogether. Once again thanks for all the advice.

those are the rings i use too as well as mask of the mother
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Why does everyone love the MoM mask of the child is so much better big grin and it doesnt look awful winking big grin
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:55 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Why does everyone love the MoM mask of the child is so much better big grin and it doesnt look awful winking big grin

i hate it its ugly as fck but the stat bonus is just too good
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Mask of the child + grass crest + blossom = never run out of stamina pretty much >15% increase in health.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:29 pm

If you want to use the Dark Armour while casting Pyromancies, I tweaked your original build to look like this. Before I explain my choices, let me explain what I think you did wrong with your original build. First of all, your health is too low. Secondly, you have wasted points everywhere. You had 5 extra points in endurance with your ring setup and you had 4 points in faith but, no miracles. Your catalyst is in the wrong had for buffing and it wouldn't be for much anyway as the next chart shows so let's say you wasted another 5 points. Another waste is in your strength; why is is 25 instead of 16 for your shield? 8 Attack Rating for 9 levels is just not worth it. That gives you an outstanding 23 points wasted or 19.1% of your levels wasted.
    Spoiler:
    (Right Click+View Image to see everything on the chart)

Next is your spell setup: why do you have Fire Orb selected? The additional 2 casts at the cost of damage isn't worth it. Instead take Great Fireball because you'll need the damage/larger AoE to make hitting anything meaningful/possible. On the matter of pyromancy, the idea of using a +15 flame to lower the Power Within self-damage while still being capable of dealing damage is neat. However, it just isn't worth it. The problems with your pyromancy is naivety; PvP is too cut-throat and min/max for this setup.

An innate problem with Dark Armour itself is that 40 poise is simply not a good breakpoint. Anything that you need to be afraid of stunlocking you are still going to be able to, which includes some very fast weapons on the second hit which would be hard to toggle trick out of. If you want to use the Dark Armour, you'll need to use Wolf Ring and have 80 poise. That way you'll no longer have to worry about stunlock or screwing up the toggle trick.

To fix your build I: 1) I doubled your Vitality from 25 to 50 to give you a better 1500 HP. This, although a bit lower than average, is capable of being competitive and you'll rarely have to worry about he fact your opponent has 100 more HP than you if the build is played correctly. 2) I increased your attunement from 16 to 19 for the extra spell slot. I took your endurance down from 58 to 46 to free up a considerable amount of points. I raised you Dexterity from 40 to 45 to get an increase in casting speed that pyromancy needs.* I put your Faith and Intelligence down to base because you aren't casting any miracles or spells. Since there was 1 point left over, I placed in strength for a negligible AR gain.** 3) I changed your Pyromancy Flame to a +5 Ascended one so you'll being doing more damage. 4) I changed your spell setup to Great Combustion, Great Chaos Fireball, and Chaos Fire Whip. Great Combustion and Chaos Fireball are pretty self explanatory choices. Chaose Fire Whip on the other hand is an esoteric spell. It is capable of dealing extreme damage if used correctly, with correctly being the operative word. If you stagger someone with your Chaos Fireball, you'll be capable of following up with a Chaos Fire Whip which will often give you a victory provided you can do it. 5) I changed your ring setup so it is now Wolf Ring+Havel*** so you have 80 Poise while fast rolling. 6) I changed your shield to a Grass Crest one so you'll improved stamina regeneration. Make sure to dodge those Great Combustions rather than block, and you won't miss that Black Knight Shield. 7) I gave you a Composite Bow with Poison Arrows. Although it might not look like much, it is incredibly potent. Take my word and anyone else who has used them or had it used against them, these are very powerful.

Also, all this new build does is to make a serious PvP setup that uses the Dark Armour. Note that "serious". Remember that this is just a game, and how you have fun is up to you and you alone. If you get your laughs by TWoP+WoG or running around naked after invading, that's more power to you. It is up to you to decide how you want to play, and if you have more fun playing your original build then do it. You shouldn't have to build you think isn't fun.

*AR has negligible increase, it is just for casting speed
    **If I placed in Vitality instead, you would have 8 more HP. It really is just a free point.
    ***You can switch it to Leo's ring if you are in a confident match up.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 pm

^Awesome sig. If I had a +1 left to use you would certainly get it.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Rate my build from a PvP perspective... Empty Thanks you guys!

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Well here it is: -

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2329835654700841

What d'ya think?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:09 pm

roanispe thanks for the pointers, but I'd already decided upon my final build before I got around to reading your post. Just so you know the reason behind me originally investing in Faith was that I was up until that point pretty much reliant on the Heal miracle, which I now see was holding me back from bigger and better things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 am