Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
ParasiticEve
omega Elf
DamageCK
Spurgun
SATLOS
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Eolan
reim0027
Federally
15 posters

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution Empty Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

Post by Federally Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am

So yesterday I was cooping with RagingDragon on my Leonard Axehands build in New Londo. We were having a good time until we started failing on 4 Kings, their lowish lvl unconventional builds forgive us, and when I tried to resummon Raging I started getting repeat invasions from a hacker/modder/glitcher or whatever he was. He was doing the dragonoid thing where the roar casts infinitely and the can drag you around the map as long as they want. Well he invaded me a few times and everytime locked me in dragon roar and pushed me off a cliff, until I got a bright idea. I went to my Players Met list (Ps3 by the way) and added him to my blocked list. Someone suggested on here long ago this might keep douche bags out of your lobby so I gave it a shot, and what do you know I never saw him again and we were **** around down there for several hours longer.

So while this isn't fully confirmed I do believe it may prevent you from seeing these assholes again, so please try it out and post if it works or not.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution Empty Re: Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

Post by Eolan Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

makes sense tbh i honest. report them too.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution Empty Re: Possible Hacker/Cheater/Exploiter and general Dbag solution

Post by reim0027 Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

I'm told it doesn't work. People have tested it and still been invaded by people on their block list.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 am

Well Reim so far it's working for me Shrug I shall continue to do it and hope it keeps working, will report if it does not.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:04 am

The roar can be roll bsd. Even infinite uber roar thing can, its just hard.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:08 am

lol, what a douche.

Just report him, you could try and long range him with something which would work well i bet on a guy who can only use a dragon roar.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am

cheating doesn't automatically mean they suck. Its a common theme, but I've decimated bow dragons who then put on put on armor, whip out a washing pole and cut me to shreds.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 am

Serious_Much wrote:lol, what a douche.

Just report him, you could try and long range him with something which would work well i bet on a guy who can only use a dragon roar.

Ranged? Lol you are unfamiliar with Leonard Axehands! This is not possible.

@Forum have you encountered this hack? I'm not sure that's possible. My character just stood there and twitched while he dragged me quite a distance as I was never near an edge. There was no cast time and no delay in between, I didn't even finish the stunned animation before being stunned again. I was trying everything I could to get out and it didn't work.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:21 am

Ah well Fed, I'm sure you can think of something... Dung pies and run? silly
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

Forum Pirate wrote:cheating doesn't automatically mean they suck. Its a common theme, but I've decimated bow dragons who then put on put on armor, whip out a washing pole and cut me to shreds.

Who gives a ***? They're cheaters, hackers, exploiters or whatever, they either suck at the game or suck as people but probably both. Who really cares if they could beat you?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 am

Judging people based on their conduct in a videogame is .................... shallow. You don't know these people, what they're like. I don't condone it, but neither can I condone you assuming and passing judgements in that manner.

It sucks for you that they do what they do, as I'm sure it does for many others, but the same can be said of the people I invade when I win using intended means of doing so.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Judging people based on their conduct in a videogame is .................... shallow. You don't know these people, what they're like. I don't condone it, but neither can I condone you assuming and passing judgements in that manner.

It sucks for you that they do what they do, as I'm sure it does for many others, but the same can be said of the people I invade when I win using intended means of doing so.
    Forum, I would have to disagree. Yes, it is a video game but it is also people interacting with people in a dynamic cyber reality. A chars or toons personality characteristics are not that far removed from the actual players "real" and "ideal" self constructs/concepts. It is our human nature expressed through the venue of a "make-believe world".

Now begins...the "psycho babble" attacks. lol!
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

^ Gotta +1 that response. More than any other online game I've played, a person's play style in Dark Souls seems a pretty clear indication of their attitude/personality.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it signifies a person's concept of "self", but is sure opens a window onto how a person probably interacts with others in conflict scenarios in real life.

It's what makes the game so unique. For good and bad.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Not really. I'm no avenger, actively seeking those who've done wrong, living and dying by a code of honor, I'm a sneaky, lying, theiving, self centered, anti social, *** whose only objectives in life are to know myself, see the truth of things, and have fun.

The opposite of the way I play the series.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm

As said, I'm not talking existentially or on some personal concept of self, I'm talking about conflict.

Like, if you and I both came across a crisp $100 bill lying on the sidewalk at the EXACT same moment, what would your response be?

- Punch me repeatedly (i.e. spam R1)
    - Analyze my appearence/demeanor and think of the most effective counter, whether it be verbal, physical or some sort of deception
    - Wait until I'm turned around and put a knife in my back

There are correlations. It doesn't go down to "who you are" at a base level or anything, but I think Ahhotep1 has a point.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Let you have it. Its not worth the risk that you're armed or just better than me.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Hahah--can't think of a Dark Souls equivalent for that move.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Why do almost every dragonoid cheat? sad It gives us a bad reputation.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 pm

I think there's definitely a correlation, however basic and trivial it may be.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 pm

By that logic, everything is connected. How I eat soup reflects me as a person.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Course it does. Everything you do and the way you do it reflects who you ar as a person, however BASIC AND TRIVIAL the connection may be...
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:By that logic, everything is connected. How I eat soup reflects me as a person.

I ABSOLUTELY DESTROY SOUP. NO QUARTER. ESPECIALLY MINESTRONE.

omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm

i blocked one yesterday on xbox who had infinite health but he still invaded so i put him on my preferred list and used him for chain bs practice, after about 15 minutes of this he disconnected his system big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Judging people based on their conduct in a videogame is .................... shallow. You don't know these people, what they're like. I don't condone it, but neither can I condone you assuming and passing judgements in that manner.

No sorry dude, someone who breaks rules and cheats to get an unfair advantage lacks character, it really is that simple. Though I dont really care what you think about it anyways as this has taken my thread off topic. So the question is why do you feel need to defend these people's character? Are you a hacker too trying to defend your friends? Are you just being contrarian?

I dunno dude but you coming into my thread and defending the character of hackers and exploiters seems an awful lot like a troll.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Forum seems naturally combative, but at least the vast majority of his points have merit. I don't think he's a troll.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm