Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
dianaduh
DamageCK
Phoenix Rising
BindMind
Wade_Wilson
9 posters

What the hell happened to the Kiln?

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What the hell happened to the Kiln? Empty What the hell happened to the Kiln?

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:15 am

I took a PvP break from dark souls a while back, for about 3 months. I came back to the kiln with my 2090HP Tarkus build, looking to fight... it really went to sh*t while I was gone. HavelMcZweiflippers, Family Toons, lagstabbers, gankers, the full set of arseholes. Where's the new good PvP area?
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What the hell happened to the Kiln? Empty Re: What the hell happened to the Kiln?

Post by BindMind Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:18 am

The Burg.

It seems to be the only place for true honorable PvP nowadays. And even then that doesn't happen sometimes.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What the hell happened to the Kiln? Empty Re: What the hell happened to the Kiln?

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:HavelMcZweiflippers

Epic lol!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Marty McZwei. He's not flipping, he's hoverboarding.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:40 am

Its been hard to get pvp at kiln these days, at least for me. I've spent like half an hour there and nothing or just the same guy. I thought it was the server, but it didnt happen in only one day.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:44 am

Place sucks as a PvP spot. Especially seeing as how you have to virtually complete a playthrough just to have access to it. It just doesn't offer enough good PvP fights to justify my trying to use it.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 am

A lot.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:04 am

It's pretty **** now. If you want to play straight up, hit the Burg. If you want to play with/punish some deebags, Kiln is a good spot.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 am

Lately, I've been getting a lot of good PvP in the Parish.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 am

I assume hosting? I'm kind of burnt out on "traditional" 1v1's right now, so I'm working on a build strictly to punish Forest ganker/campers. It can OHK a lot of players with a single WoG.
    dwx

Post by dwx Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:20 am

At the end of NG+ on my SL225 character I hung around the Kiln just to see if there was much action and there was basically none. I remember it being similar my first play through when I ended around 180. The burg and the forest are the two places with a ton of activity. On NG++ in the forest I get invaded constantly.

I usually do forest invasions though and yesterday was particularly bad for gankers. I especially like the guys who bow like they want to 1v1 duel then as soon as they see a summon sign come up they hit it and run around until the summoned guy comes in the game...

I did manage to collect about 2.2M souls in a couple hours, mostly going with the anti-ganker Crown of Dusk+Bellowing Dragoncrest+Power Within setup. I usually use a lightweight setup with little poise as to not be a complete dbag, but every once in awhile I'll get frustrated, poise up with some decent armor, and I think I'm undefeated against all the 2v1s I've faced.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah. I like dishin' it back out to 'em. You got a team, camper scum? That's cool. You'll all be dead in a couple seconds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:57 pm