Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
nsane32
SunlightCrusader
NordNorth
JoeBroski09
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
billy_bayonet
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Serious_Much
Shkar
18 posters

The Lore of the Covenants

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

The Lore of the Covenants - Page 10 Empty Re: The Lore of the Covenants

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:38 am

Pirate, let me just bring up a quote from a certain someone: "Have fun with your rules as they have fun with theirs"

Everyone does what they want with their covenants and no one complains anymore about little nitpicks that don't really matter okay? I think that's a pretty reasonable proposition lol!

Also I agree with dough that blue was really hard to read sunlight :|
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 am

Thou shalt not assault mine senses with such crude colours, elst thou proveketh a duel my good sir
    And then you still can distinguish between both. Tada!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 am

Okay I altered to a different color; does that work for you? I can clearly see it now so you should be able to as well.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 am

NordNorth wrote:Thou shalt not assault mine senses with such crude colours, elst thou proveketh a duel my good sir
    And then you still can distinguish between both. Tada!

I like this example.

Everyone, please take notes silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:I have a feeling a MDoaP is exactly what the knights and the deliverance should have.

I honestly think that the most logical solution is to help you against mutual enemies but otherwise remain neutral to you. Any alliances would be hard to justify as almost all the covs here either sin or are associated with sinners. However if we were to ally then it would have to be with the knights as they are the only ones to not directly earn sin through invasions and such.

The guilty all pay the price in the end. As Seraph it is my duty, even more than my fellow blades, to make sure this is so. I care little for your politics so long as justice is done. Aid us in this and have our gratitude; hinder us and face our divine wrath. Your intentions may be good knight but expect no mercy if you protect a sinner. However should you be attacked by those known as the Darkstalkers know that I at least will be there. This is not for you but for justice. I shall make them pay the price for their sin wherever they may be.
    Welcome to our conversation. Come sit. We do not speak of politics. We simply are getting to know each other better. Now, please let the dragon answer my question and please do not interrupt.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 am

Better but still hard. I understand why you'd want to use colours, they allow you to show who each quiote is from but I still think italics and maybe even a nametage are better to use.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 am

Red and green are fine to read. If it's fine to read, then what's the problem? Plus, if you bold a color that IS hard to read, it usually makes it easy to read.

See?

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 am

Just put it in speech marks, say who it's by or say it in 3rd person and Italics the text silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:44 am

1. i still dont like it, but thats more personal.
    2. Why should you get the colours you want when other people cant have the ones they want?

I just dont understand why your all against just using italics.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:44 am

Putting it in quotes ruins the persona part..
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:45 am

Not really. It shows them saying it.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:45 am

DoughGuy wrote:1. i still dont like it, but thats more personal.
    2. Why should you get the colours you want when other people cant have the ones they want?

I just dont understand why your all against just using italics.
    I use red because I'm a follower of Izalith. You should be able to use bold white because you're oscar. A sunbro can use a yellow. But, if you noticed earlier, both Robin and Eki used green. It doesn't matter.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

DoughGuy wrote:Not really. It shows them saying it.
    You're not in character if you're simply putting quotes down. Point Forward

^That looks REALLY serious. Just look at my sig now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

I would actually use yello, since you kow, sunbro covenant. but I dont, I use italics.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 am

Ok. then use italics. *shrug* that works. I think it fits Oscar anyway.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 am

So boring but fine if you guys honestly can't read it I will use italics.

Are you sure you can't read this though?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 am

DoughGuy wrote:I would actually use yello, since you kow, sunbro covenant. but I dont, I use italics.

lol!

Yes I'm VERY sure I can't read it easily. silly

I don't get why people have an issue with using italics, or even bold.. Hell underline it too if you want lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:So boring but fine if you guys honestly can't read it I will use italics.

I can read it. Cause it's BOLD. If I need to, I'll just highlight it. Not too hard to click and drag my finger across the touchpad...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 am

It's also kinder to everyone else to just write it so everyone can read it in the first place...

What's everyone's obsession with colour? honestly I don't get it.
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:So boring but fine if you guys honestly can't read it I will use italics.

Mine eyes! They bleed! Only the sun can compare with the pure brilliance! *Die*
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 am

I'm gonna use color. I don't get why you guys are so much like "OHHH! Don't use COLOR! I can't READ IT!" ... It was eki's idea, and I like the fact that my font's color represents my character. If I could choose the font itself, it's be a normal white Costantia.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 am

I could read it even without the bold honestly but you were right making it bold makes it a lot clearer. So I think I may just do this sorry Dough.

Serious certain colors fit personas or happen to be a favorite of the writer. I just did it to join in on the lore talk honestly but blue seems so appropriate.

About time that guy died.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 am

Serious_Much wrote:Pirate, let me just bring up a quote from a certain someone: "Have fun with your rules as they have fun with theirs"

Everyone does what they want with their covenants and no one complains anymore about little nitpicks that don't really matter okay? I think that's a pretty reasonable proposition lol!

Also I agree with dough that blue was really hard to read sunlight :|
    I'm not required to participate however, and as I would like to participate, I will argue for a path I find reasonable and plausible. They are free to do whatever they'd like regardless, its not my covenant after all, but if I don't buy the lore, I won't participate. Thats why I'm not a POLG.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 am

"Everything dies; in time the lifehunters, the knights, and even those damned crow demons shall perish. I do not fight for glory, or to defend my allies, or for any sense of "justice"; I fight because I enjoy it.

When I fight, the only glory is for those few who escape me, for they get to continue with their pitiful lives. When I fight, the only allies are those who do not get in my way, for they do not impede my mayhem. When I fight, the only justice is the justice of the grave, for in it all are equal.

I have stared down the greatest of beings in this land. I have fought dragons, knights, and even the gods themselves. I thought them all to fear me. I am no man; I am an aspect of fear and death. I walk where the angels themselves fear to tred, and I relish every moment of it. Everywhere I go I leave a path of death and decay behind.

I have sought out the darkest of beings in this realm and I have learned their secrets. Some were more willing then others; the Gravelord parted with his knowledge willingly, and for that he earned my respect. The Lifehunter welcomed me into her realm and offered her secrets; for that, she earned my protection.

The beasts of the abyss spat upon the ones who had earned my mercy; I slew his champions and burned him from his decrepit hole after prying the secrets from his mind. The pyromancers sought to slay me as an accident of nature; I filled their nature with their blood and spared them only long enough to learn their arts.

Everyone seeks to prove themselves as the light of a dark and dying world. They all declare their foes to be wrong and evil. Hero upon hero seeks to face the darkness, all believing that their light and their justice shall protect them and that they shall be the ones to teach the darkness fear.

Every last one of them is wrong. I have no delusions that I fight for justice. I have no belief that what I do is right. I simply do not care. This is war; I do not care which side I am on, only that I am in it. My mark is not the corpses I leave, or the buildings I burn, but the fear I sow in the hearts of the living.

I am fear and death. I am the open casket. I have pushed aside the gate and the tombstones and offer only death to those who stand before me."

- Irix Plagius, Chief Warlock of the Damned

Wow, I had not intended for that to be so dark or long. Oh well, I've done quite a bit establishing Plagius' crazy side, not quite enough demonstrating his sheer evil.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    The last master of pyromancy alive. I do not know much of her past, but what I do know only illustrates the suffering she ensued throughout her life. She was a sister if Izalith. One of the witches who could weave great firestorms, just like in the legends and myths. She is real. Then, her ancient sorcery of fire was lost when one of her sisters, or maybe even herself, created the Bed of Chaos. Pyromancy was born. She then taught the glorious joy of pyromancy to Solomon, the teacher of Laurentious. Do you know of him? He used to sit at the crossroads of many worlds in Firelink Shrine. Until he went hollow chasing what I had found. He could not find Quelana. He did not understand pyromancy for what it truely is. I don't even know if I knew before I met Quelana. She made me understand myself more than anything else. That alone made me a bette pryomancer. And, because of that, I can pay her back by serving her, and her homeland of Izalith.

Where do you fare from, humanoid dragon? For I do know you were not always a dragon, for Izalith touches everything. Chaos changed the world, you know.

I can’t remember where i came from. I have served the ancient dragons since the first flame. I watched as your witch burned the archtrees and killed the dragons. I could not stop them, for i was too weak. I became the "leader" of the dragonoids that remained, the ones who had not completed their metamorphism. But i was not a full dragon, so i couldn’t turn them into dragons. During this time i made a good friend Kuol. He was one of the new dragonoids.
    Years went by without anything changing. We were unable to die due to our curse but we did not turn hollow, for we had each other to comfort us. But when the hatchling, the stone dragon, was born everything changed. The other dragonoids turned at each other, killing their former friends to gain scales to offer to their new leader.
    I and Kuol were the only ones who did not fight, we watched our former friends murder each other. At that point i decided to leave them. I did not want to have a family that would so easily turn against me. Kuol stayed, trying to stop them from fighting.
    I traveled all of lordran, searching for a new home. Many tried to kill me, but they soon learned not to be in my way. I traveled to anor londo, where i was drawn into the painting.
    There i met Piscilla, Wyrm and Etraiu. They welcomed me, as a long lost brother. And this is now my home. I have become one of the leaders of the Painted World.
    I have not spoken with Kuol in a long time. But i have heard that he is growing tired of the endless fighting in my previous family. He may soon leave them, but he will not come here.

So, pyromancer. What is your mission in this world? To serve Quelana or do you have another objective?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 am