Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
nsane32
SunlightCrusader
NordNorth
JoeBroski09
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
billy_bayonet
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Serious_Much
Shkar
18 posters

The Lore of the Covenants

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

The Lore of the Covenants - Page 8 Empty Re: The Lore of the Covenants

Post by Shkar Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Guys we do have the let it out thread for this sort of stuff, this isnt the right place.
    Shkar you owe me a pic of you in a fedora.

Fez! And perhaps I could do both in one picture...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 pm

I never said it was a direct alliance.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:54 pm

I think the Knights and DM could EASILY be allied for wars. I mean, come on! The Knights get the least amount of sin out off ALL of the player made covenants. MAYBE not the Gravesworn. I have no idea how that works. But all the other covenants get crazy indictments. and once Billy tries to take a piece out of the Knights, DM and The Knights will team up to defeat him. Simple as that.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend... for now." Right?
    NordNorth
    NordNorth
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by NordNorth Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Seems to me the DMB does not worry about sides. If you want them on your team, just make the other guy commit sin.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Good stuff joe, I like your angle.

The variability of the situations of each covenant is important to factor in, and in many situations, DMs and Sunbros could get along rather nicely.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

AGAIN, the knights take whatever measures necessary to kill "abominations" including aiding sinners to do so. DMs kill sinners, and anyone who aids them. So someone isn't doing their job if either back down. ts the dynamic thats flawed.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I think the Knights and DM could EASILY be allied for wars. I mean, come on! The Knights get the least amount of sin out off ALL of the player made covenants. MAYBE not the Gravesworn. I have no idea how that works. But all the other covenants get crazy indictments. and once Billy tries to take a piece out of the Knights, DM and The Knights will team up to defeat him. Simple as that.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend? then that would make everyone friends with each other silly since all the covs are enemies(almost)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Idt anyone needs to make anyone else commit sin. One of the main covenants against the knights is an invading-type covenant meant to protect priscilla. Another is an invading type covenant meant to invade to kill and stuff. The Stalkers and the LH are sinned... well, there are DM's in the LH.. hmm. *shrug* the Stalkers are sin in a player made covenant.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 am

@Spur New sig lol.
    Anyay i should probably take a break here, gotta study/write lore.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 am

Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:I think the Knights and DM could EASILY be allied for wars. I mean, come on! The Knights get the least amount of sin out off ALL of the player made covenants. MAYBE not the Gravesworn. I have no idea how that works. But all the other covenants get crazy indictments. and once Billy tries to take a piece out of the Knights, DM and The Knights will team up to defeat him. Simple as that.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend? then that would make everyone friends with each other silly since all the covs are enemies(almost)
    Well, with a war between the Stalkers and the Knights, it's pretty clear who's going to be with whom. The DM are going to want to kill the Stalkers, and the Knights are going to be at a defensive position since Billy made it clear he will make the first move.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 am

DoughGuy wrote:@Spur New sig lol.
    Anyay i should probably take a break here, gotta study/write lore.

Lol. I changed it a little silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 am

Forum Pirate wrote:AGAIN, the knights take whatever measures necessary to kill "abominations" including aiding sinners to do so. DMs kill sinners, and anyone who aids them. So someone isn't doing their job if either back down. ts the dynamic thats flawed.
    All of the nations coming together in order to kill the Akatsuki. 'Nuff said.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:AGAIN, the knights take whatever measures necessary to kill "abominations" including aiding sinners to do so. DMs kill sinners, and anyone who aids them. So someone isn't doing their job if either back down. ts the dynamic thats flawed.

It wasn’t really akatsuki they were against. It was "Madara" and Kabuto.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 am

I don't get where you keep quoting the word abomination from but it's not that they are doing whatever's necessary to kill things, they're doing whatever's necessary to protect their host. Killing in Self Defence and targeted murder are two completely different things, the same is here.

DMs and Sunbros cannot choose who they are put up against, but in the same way the sunbros don't aim to kill anything, simply protect the host.

Also it's in the laws of the knights that it must be 1v1. When a DM invades, then they can allow the other phantom and/or host to fight rather than themselves, which is simply following the knights code.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks for that captain obvious, lol. Sunbros and the knights are different things. Sunbros only seek to aid others in their struggles, the knights hunt and kill anything they don't like. "Clensing" the land.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 am

Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    It wasn’t really akatsuki they were against. It was "Madara" and Kabuto.
    They do say multiple times that it's the Akatsuki that they're against. It just happens to be Madara and Kabuto. What, you don't think it's him? I have no idea. I don't speculate with anime's anymore ever since I first thought "... I think Jaraya is going to die sometime." I cried when he did... anyway, with Kabuto now being able to revive the rest of Akatsuki, it's now "whole."
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 am

Yes. But "Madara" and Zetsu are the only akatsuki member they fight, not counting all the ones that had been resurrected. By Kabuto.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:08 am

Pirate, wanna tell me how the LH work then? Frankly if you can ridicule a sunbro-DM alliance I could just as easily ridicule the LH. It's completely bogus the covenant subsections would work together. It's double standards

When it boils down to it for me, the only reason you're saying the DM shouldn't ally with the knights is just because it suits you, end all and be all.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:09 am

I think he's a bit jelly that there's going to be an official DM covenant lol!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:

Well, with a war between the Stalkers and the Knights, it's pretty clear who's going to be with whom. The DM are going to want to kill the Stalkers, and the Knights are going to be at a defensive position since Billy made it clear he will make the first move.

But we shall strike the stalkers whenever possible, no war needed. As much as I would love an alliance this would just be us doing our thing but with all the sinners in one place. Would it help the knights yes but calling it an alliance may be a bit much. However if Zack and Dough decide to say screw the logic and ally then I won't argue.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:

But we shall strike the stalkers whenever possible, no war needed. As much as I would love an alliance this would just be us doing our thing but with all the sinners in one place. Would it help the knights yes but calling it an alliance may be a bit much. However if Zack and Dough decide to say screw the logic and ally then I won't argue.
    I guess it woudln't be an alliance. Just an agreement. It may even be close to an alliance by saying "I'll help you out if you're attacked by an organized group (player cov) and you help us if we're attacked by an organized group." They'll "kill" each other when they're doing their thing, but, honestly, they simply would stop each other from doing their job right there at the moment. There will be absolutely zero death involved. Heck, it could even be friendly rivalry!

I think I just found my argument against Forum. big grin

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:I think he's a bit jelly that there's going to be an official DM covenant lol!

He's not jealous, as he's obviously gonna join the DM covenant as well and probably doesn't mind that as his skill will get him to high up in that covenant anyways.

I just don't get why he has such adverse thoughts about people just teaming up so they have more fun lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:13 am

I think he's simply logical and doesn't want something to go against logic. At least, his point of view of logic. I like how we're talking about him as if he's not here. lolsauce.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am

We only work together in the pw to protect our home. Outside, we do as we will. Thats the point. The members are so unwelcome elsewhere, that we'll over look person differences and cov ties in the pw for a chance at a home.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am

By the end of the week I'll be talking to Xack and someone else and figuring out whose allied with who and all that. Then we'll be able to put this to rest. But yeah we should probably start discussing this thread as it was meant to be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:34 am