Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JoeBroski09
Viexnia
Xacktastic
9 posters

Helping out some youngins!

Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Helping out some youngins! Empty Helping out some youngins!

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Started a min/max build today. Have full giants and a +5 light zwei. I have been chilling in front of the church for like 2 hours just helping out noobies. It is very fun watching how they react when I one shot both gargoyles. Anyone here have some builds they use specifically for PvE help?
    Viexnia
    Viexnia
    Addicted
    Addicted

Helping out some youngins! Empty Re: Helping out some youngins!

Post by Viexnia Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm content with the build I use. I prefer using Black Knight (Everything +5) armour, along with either the Life hunt Scythe +5 or BKGA+5 buuut that's because of the stats I have now silly

I wouldn't mind trying out a lighter build and use the DWGR but I find people just use that ring to beat anything the cheapo way in my honest opinion.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 pm

I always wanted to do this, but without an OP build. Just a build that would help out noobies. Like, they still learn, but we don't loose.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:43 pm

+5 fire weapon or +10 normal are good for newbie help as they arent OP but are strong enough to take out monsters with ease but still fend off griefers. also unique armor combo's also tend to make you more likely to be summoned.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 pm

i sometimes help with in the firs levels with my armor +3 and a +5 weapon. one shotting the bosses is actually really boring and it ruins the experience for noobs.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I would definitely RP as Oscar if I were to noob-help.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

By the time I hit the Gargoyles on my current guy I had a Black Knight Sword and Shield, both +2. Needless to say, I make short work of bosses at that stage of the game.

I also have a sorcery build with 50 Int, Dusk Crown, and Bellowing Ring. I use her for a lot of 4 Kings co-op, and she basically solos them.
    Viexnia
    Viexnia
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Viexnia Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Yes.. exactly.. It ruins the experience.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Viexnia wrote:I'm content with the build I use. I prefer using Black Knight (Everything +5) armour, along with either the Life hunt Scythe +5 or BKGA+5 buuut that's because of the stats I have now silly

I wouldn't mind trying out a lighter build and use the DWGR but I find people just use that ring to beat anything the cheapo way in my honest opinion.

the dwgr is for pvp, you do not need it for pve, i fast roll with light armor cause res is more important than raw def.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I only help absolutely destroy bosses at sl 60+. That's where people will either win or quit the game. So I pretty much solo Seath. Pyromancy and exact knowledge of his moveset and where he'll put his breath=ownage.
    Viexnia
    Viexnia
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Viexnia Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:50 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    the dwgr is for pvp, you do not need it for pve, i fast roll with light armor cause res is more important than raw def.

-shrugs- that's your opinion happy I would love to try it out sometime though, my beloved uses it quite a bit.

It would also save your *** if you get invaded..

Edit: If you're good at PvP and lucky silly I guess
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:00 am

I've never specifically made a build to destroy bosses in co-op, but I did get lucky and got the black knight halberd one time from the knight just above the grass crest shield and I was able to destroy the gargoyles (albeit not a one shot).
    SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SmittyRomps Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah you gotta keep it simple when helping out some new guys. I got a toon in the parish with a +5 claymore, elite knights and grass shield, all stuff you can collect around the area and its not super Op. Its pretty fun cause it still takes a good amount of time for the gargoyles to die and if we die i just message and gget summon again, drop a humanity for them
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 am

I think it would be pretty cool to make an SL 45-60 build that is in the Sunlight servant and uses lightning bolts and group healing spells. As a sort of, not op, but helpful co-op.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:39 am

Speaking of ruining boss fights, I had one hacker instakill O and then S. Not OHKO, instakill. He wasn't even through the fog... I LIKE THAT BOSS FIGHT!

Anyway, regardless of area, I always try to use level appropriate weapons (except for T4K and O&S).
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 am

Viexnia wrote:Yes.. exactly.. It ruins the experience.

I wouldn't say that. For example, my general strategy for the Gargoyles is to make sure the tail gets cut off, then grab the attention of the second gargoyle so he doesn't roast everyone. Same for the Gaping Dragon. I spend a lot of fights just keeping the boss' attention so the host can beat on their backs.

As for the 4 Kings, 99% of the hosts that summon me have enough to worry about just staying alive. If you can reliably melee the Kings on NG+, congrats. Most hosts are not even close to that talented. Even with powerful helpers, many hosts still die.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 am

Sebastrd wrote:

I wouldn't say that. For example, my general strategy for the Gargoyles is to make sure the tail gets cut off, then grab the attention of the second gargoyle so he doesn't roast everyone. Same for the Gaping Dragon. I spend a lot of fights just keeping the boss' attention so the host can beat on their backs.

As for the 4 Kings, 99% of the hosts that summon me have enough to worry about just staying alive. If you can reliably melee the Kings on NG+, congrats. Most hosts are not even close to that talented. Even with powerful helpers, many hosts still die.
    I'm very proud to have hosted the 4kings with BLA1NE. A few close calls, but I'm a boss healer XD
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:47 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Sebastrd wrote:

I'm very proud to have hosted the 4kings with BLA1NE. A few close calls, but I'm a boss healer XD

The 4 kings have always been relatively easy for me. Even on my sl 33 mage. Idk. Are they MUCH harder on NG+?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 am

Yes. Many times yes.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 am

Xacktastic wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Sebastrd wrote:

The 4 kings have always been relatively easy for me. Even on my sl 33 mage. Idk. Are they MUCH harder on NG+?
    Ohhh yeah. Meleeing them is very difficult. They have more health and they do more damage. Considering, meleeing them requires getting their health down asap and tanking damage, NG+ makes it so much harder...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:32 pm