Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Chaos Spectre
dancash1808
billy_bayonet
Bamjam
SlakeMoth
Quarik
dianaduh
Yarxov
nsane32
Xacktastic
Delvanoc
JoeBroski09
RANT
mugenis4real
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Razielthemanslayer
23 posters

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? - Page 3 Empty Re: Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I can't stand most games on any form of easy difficulty. I also can't stand games where the reason their difficulty is hard is because of artificial bs.

For example, Prototype 1 wasn't hard, but when you get knocked down every 2 to 3 seconds and have no recovery move, it got really really annoying and didnt make me feel in the least bit like they tried to make it hard.

Devil May Cry on DMD mode though, thats a different story. The same goes for Halo on Legendary in most of the series, it was just intense.

Ever since I was a kid, I literally worked up the difficulty ranks because I always thought thats how it was. I'm normally a player that plays on Hard mode and tries to attempt expert (or whatever the name is for said game), but I can't stand easy or normal.

Thats probably why I love ZOE, KUF, and Souls Series so much. All those games are so hard, even on normal.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? - Page 3 Empty Re: Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm

i think the souls games difficulty is exaggerated just a bit. i totally agree with the dmc3(original) being brutal. also shin megami tensei nocturn, thats one of the hardest games ive ever beat. theres plenty of other difficult games out there. i actually find a lot of fps or third person action games to be frustrating/difficult mainly due to their poor game design.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Indeed it does, except for racing games though, Dark Souls made me worse at those like I was playing Mototstorm Apocalypse and I got last in every race.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Metroid Prime 2 - Echoes. Never did beat that game.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 pm

^Same here slake. I hated actually having limited ammo on the light and dark guns and I also hated taking damage in the dark world. I did enjoy playing the multiplayer on it with my friends though
    Viexnia
    Viexnia
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Viexnia Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 am

I think for myself.. It made it easier to go back and try all the games that freaked me out... I'm not usually easy to frighten irl but games.. they get to me and I like my t.v LOUD xD haha.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:57 am

Viexnia wrote:I think for myself.. It made it easier to go back and try all the games that freaked me out... I'm not usually easy to frighten irl but games.. they get to me and I like my t.v LOUD xD haha.

Try playing dead space with headphones, that game freaked me out alot lol.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:08 am

The silver surfer game. battle toads. You want hard, play those. You'll have nightmares about it
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 am

Oh battletoads... how that jump in that vehicle thing killed me everytime.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm