Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Blazefury
Doelker
Fusion
meridam99
nsane32
Pharaun
aceluby
Serious_Much
strangejoy
Akatik
Back Lot Basher
15 posters

Do Anor Londo bosses have to be alive for Darkened PvP?

Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Do Anor Londo bosses have to be alive for Darkened PvP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Anor Londo bosses have to be alive for Darkened PvP?

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 pm

meridam99 wrote:
    Akatik wrote:Wait a minute. Last night, I decided it was finally time to kill Gwyndolin. I killed him, and then Gwynboobs and then the fire keeper. I was human through all of this and after I killed everyone, I still got invaded, twice.

You can still get invaded after you kill off all of the bosses.

You can get invaded until you leave the area and come back.

Looks like I'll need to go back there and wait.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Do Anor Londo bosses have to be alive for Darkened PvP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Anor Londo bosses have to be alive for Darkened PvP?

Post by Pharaun Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 pm

As stated several times, killing Gwyndolin first, then killing Gwynevere will keep the area open for invasions indefinately. You can leave and come back as you please and will always be invaded. The boss is already dead and therefore you can not challange him to stop the invasions. You can also still summon phantoms as well.

If you reverse the killing order (Gwynevere first then Gwyndolin second) you will stop the invasions after Gwyndolin is defeated because you beat the boss of that area.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Pharaun wrote:As stated several times, killing Gwyndolin first, then killing Gwynevere will keep the area open for invasions indefinately. You can leave and come back as you please and will always be invaded. The boss is already dead and therefore you can not challange him to stop the invasions. You can also still summon phantoms as well.

If you reverse the killing order (Gwynevere first then Gwyndolin second) you will stop the invasions after Gwyndolin is defeated because you beat the boss of that area.

If this is true, then my game is glitched. Does this work for anyone else? I thought this was the case until I did it. Now to be perfectly honest, I killed Gwyn before O&S, then killed O&S, then killed the "Amazing Chest". I got invaded after the world turned dark, but then I left and did the Lord Vessel in the Abyss. Went back to Anor Lando, place is dark, but no summon signs and no invasions.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

I can't verify about the O&S part. I killed them before I killed Gwyn. That may change things.

I killed them in the order O&S, Gwyndolin, Gwynevere. I left went and did other things came back human and saw the signs and inasions started. Left and came back several other times and there was still invasions. I went to NG+ shortly there after so I can't go back to verify that I am still being invaded but I was every time I went back.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Alright, I found something that might clarify what happened to me last night.

1. I was a member of the darkmoons
    2. I killed Gwyndolin first, followed by Gwynevere and the fire keeper
    3. I was human through all of this.
    4. I got invaded twice after killing the two bosses.

I found this on the wiki...

Additionally, you will be labeled a sort of "eternal sinner", for your current playthrough. This will open you to Darkmoon invasions, even if you absolve your sins

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gwyndolin

Maybe I'm just cursed and it doesn't matter what area I'm in, I'll still get invaded.

Edit: Biggie and Smalls have long been dead in my current playthrough.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 pm

ok I didnt know that you could still get invaded by the DMB if you killed Gwyndolin
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:55 pm

nsane32 wrote:ok I didnt know that you could still get invaded by the DMB if you killed Gwyndolin

It is from the wiki and I can't confirm it 100%.

However, Gwyndolin says "An Eternal Curse upon you!" as he dies. Which could imply that the Darkmoons will forever hunt you down for betraying the covenant.

Last edited by Akatik on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 pm

ok ive never been invaded by DMB because never done regular invasion or killed Gwyndolin
    DemonKid
    DemonKid

Post by DemonKid Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Nope
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Akatik wrote:Alright, I found something that might clarify what happened to me last night.

Additionally, you will be labeled a sort of "eternal sinner", for your current playthrough. This will open you to Darkmoon invasions, even if you absolve your sins

Maybe I'm just cursed and it doesn't matter what area I'm in, I'll still get invaded.

I don't think absolving your sins has anything to do w/ darkmoons. I get invaded by darkmoons all the time, but when I go to absolve my sins he tells me that I don't have any sins to absolve. I think if you ever get a single indictment you open yourself up to DM invasions for that character for the rest of that chars life.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:24 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Akatik wrote:Alright, I found something that might clarify what happened to me last night.

I don't think absolving your sins has anything to do w/ darkmoons. I get invaded by darkmoons all the time, but when I go to absolve my sins he tells me that I don't have any sins to absolve. I think if you ever get a single indictment you open yourself up to DM invasions for that character for the rest of that chars life.

Yeah, I noticed that too. That's why I don't trust it 100%. Absolving your sins by paying souls to Velka makes NPCs like you again. The only way to "fix" your sins with other players is to get killed by darkmoons.

The way I read it... if you get indicted after an invasion you get -1 sin. If you get killed by an invading darkmoon you get +1 sin. So, this "curse" of Gwyndolin maybe is an eternal sin against you that will never be "fixed" no matter how many times you get invaded by darkmoons.

I just hope it doesn't mess up my gravelord covenant.. but that's a different thread.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 am

The nicknames you guys come up for these bosses!
    Thank god for google, I was going to ask the same question in a new post today, but this answered all of my question, spot on! Give me a good reason to remain a Dark Moon and patrol the streets of my lovely, sunlit Anor Londo in the name of the great Gwyndolin!
    Time to clean up some sinners, once again, thank you all for answering my questions!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 am

On the illusions issue do not think of Gwynevere or the enemies as illusions. They are magical constructs. They exist as long as the sun shines in anor londo.
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 am

DoughGuy wrote:On the illusions issue do not think of Gwynevere or the enemies as illusions. They are magical constructs. They exist as long as the sun shines in anor londo.
    Really? That's actually quite fascinating, lore-wise. I never really thought of it like that. Nevertheless, good observation, sir!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:22 am

The sin that oswald absolves you from is not the Darkmoon sin. It is the sin you get for angering npc's and leaving covenants.

The Darkmoon sin works through indictments. If you check the book of the guilty and you have a 1 or higher next to your name then you will be invaded by darkmoons.

Also, im sure that once you kill Gwyndolin and O&S all invasions in anor londo stop.

Of course this is just how i've gathered things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:25 pm