Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
billy_bayonet
Knight N. Allant
BoilerFan8472
ZikoLogiKa NL
AMKproductions10
WyrmHero
FattyOfDoom
Wilkinson3424
User
dancash1808
whitechikz11
Maneater_Mildred
Serious_Much
Ser Isaac
TehInfamousAmos
Delvanoc
Shkar
Medi_Pack
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
DoughGuy
25 posters

The Noble Knights - Maxed thread 2

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

The Noble Knights - Maxed thread 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Noble Knights - Maxed thread 2

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 pm

DoughGuy wrote:He doesnt bleed either lol. You cant 2 hand the tooth? What about the dragon bone fist you make from the iron golem?

Don't have it or the soul, and it would only be like 40 AR higher then the dagger (still 60 below the sword).

As an aside, while going to rescue Logan to get his armor, I found out that WoG can set off the Sen's Pressure Plates...

EDIT: Crap, forgot you need a decent Int to buy his spells. Will killing him make him drop his armor?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights - Maxed thread 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Noble Knights - Maxed thread 2

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:59 pm

ll nice find. That would work for force too making it worthwhile using. Well no really but still.
    What is your build?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 am

DoughGuy wrote:ll nice find. That would work for force too making it worthwhile using. Well no really but still.
    What is your build?

Just this happy

I think I'll just try killing him, and if it doesn't drop his armor I'll try using Lady Anveena against the Four Kings...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 am

Just to be clear when i said you may use any toon i still meant using the same toon for the entire challenge. I think he does drop his armour, Ill check the wiki.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Big+Hat%27s+Set He drops it.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 am

Ok, cool. That's a load off my mind.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am

...He didn't drop anything...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:11 am

He only drops them when he's hollow. I didnt realise it would make a difference. Time to hit the trade forum.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:12 am

DoughGuy wrote:He only drops them when he's hollow

Which I can't get him to become, because my int was too low to buy his spells (and now he's dead)...

Well, I gave the challenge the old college try lol.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 am

Edited my post lol. If you want to be a real man I'll let you fight he 4 kings without using a chestpiece or headgear and still be eligible.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 am

DoughGuy wrote:Edited my post lol. If you want to be a real man I'll let you fight he 4 kings without using a chestpiece or headgear and still be eligible.

Eh, why not? I'm tough like that!

Now to go kill Sif...

EDIT: I think I need to mess around with Mugen to try to scam more poise out of my build for the 4 Kings...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:30 am

Ugh, tomorow I get to see if 40 poise is enough to resist an attack by the 4 Kings...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 am

Hmmmm, I think you'll be out of luck. Why dont you just use havels gauntlets and leggings? (Yes that is what I meant by ANY knightly armour)
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 am

DoughGuy wrote:Hmmmm, I think you'll be out of luck. Why dont you just use havels gauntlets and leggings? (Yes that is what I meant by ANY knightly armour)

Actually, I was going to remove my RoFaP for the Nito fight, so I could throw on Havel's Ring for 4K and do that. So I can get 56 Poise and still fast roll...

Or I could throw on Wolf Ring with Paladin Legs/hands and get 64 Poise...

I wish I knew what their poise break was...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:43 am

Or I could do this...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:47 am

Why are you using hornets ring? Why not just havels ring so you can put on both of havel's stuff?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 am

DoughGuy wrote:Why are you using hornets ring? Why not just havels ring so you can put on both of havel's stuff?

Hornet's Ring is a placeholder because Mugen doesn't have the Covenant of Artorias (which I obviously need for the fight), and I can get better poise with the two armors I have and the Wolf Ring then with Havel's ring/armor.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 am

Right, of course. Completely forgot you needed that. Well good luck.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 am

DoughGuy wrote:Right, of course. Completely forgot you needed that. Well good luck.

I'm just hoping I won't need to lay the smackdown on Gwyndolin for another copy of SLB. I'm pretty sure the higher poise and using a dagger instead of the Crystal shortsword should make a big enough difference to start killing them, now I'm just worried about running out of time...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 am

Billy killed them on like NG+++ with a DMB straight sword hilt. I think you'll be fine with SLB.
    Just checked a vid, takes around 2 minutes for the 4th one to spawn. So you should be able to get 2 down with 1 cast, maybe even a third. Just stay close to them and dodge.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:16 am

DoughGuy wrote:Billy killed them on like NG+++ with a DMB straight sword hilt. I think you'll be fine with SLB.
    Just checked a vid, takes around 2 minutes for the 4th one to spawn. So you should be able to get 2 down with 1 cast, maybe even a third. Just stay close to them and dodge.

I roflstomped them on NG++ with a 50 fth SLB Parry Dagger, but I needed two casts. I'll just kill Gwyndolin and attune two copys, then engage in a little trial and error til I kill them.

Then I move onto Nito and PvP. I both hate and love you for managing to make PvE challenging again, the Bridge Wyvern was a particular gem because it's not really build dependent.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:21 am

The original idea was for a dragonslayer only event, where you had to kill every dragon in the game. The PW and valley undead ones, pris, seath, the bounding demons and the wyvern. But that wasnt really fair to the other specs so I spread the challenge around so everyone would be equally disadvantaged.
    I'm glad your enjoying it. Do you think i should advertise it, make it a forum rite of passage silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 am

DoughGuy wrote:The original idea was for a dragonslayer only event, where you had to kill every dragon in the game. The PW and valley undead ones, pris, seath, the bounding demons and the wyvern. But that wasnt really fair to the other specs so I spread the challenge around so everyone would be equally disadvantaged.
    I'm glad your enjoying it. Do you think i should advertise it, make it a forum rite of passage silly

You could post it around on the forums to advertise the covenant, but I don't think you would get many takers, and many of the ones who would attempt it would give up haha.

I'm really not looking forward to the Wyvern, since I've only killed him like twice and he's even one-shotted my builds with massive hitpoints with his breath. I've never parried Gwyn to death, so I'll just kill him the same way I killed him on Aeter to get him to NG+. Roll, poke, poke, repeat.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:25 am

I only parry Gwyn when I need to get a build done and cant bebothered taking the risk of dying.
    The wyvern has 2 breath attacks. 1 will basically one shot anyone, the other is less damaging and survivable.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:29 am

DoughGuy wrote:I only parry Gwyn when I need to get a build done and cant bebothered taking the risk of dying.
    The wyvern has 2 breath attacks. 1 will basically one shot anyone, the other is less damaging and survivable.

Speaking of a giant red bag of fire, how do we show proof of killing him on the bridge itself?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:21 am