Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
nsane32
Maneater_Mildred
Dj-B-Man-Jr
lextune
shadowsoldiers
aceluby
k0rruptid
Ser Winston
O66 Jenova
somebody_else
BLA1NE
Dustofsaturn
Soulkrazy
Baynay
theAnimus
strangejoy
Whknight
Comodreha
The_Tao
C7081
Wade_Wilson
Nitos-Apprentice
jjshowal
Serious_Much
djgq42
RANT
Carphil
aRustySlot
Emergence
FexDS
JY4answer
35 posters

First post/poll: favourite weapon class.

Poll

Choose your favourite weapon class.

[ 15 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 9 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 5 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 16 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 6 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 8 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap1%First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 5 ]

Total Votes: 72
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 Empty Re: First post/poll: favourite weapon class.

Post by strangejoy Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 pm

JY4answer wrote:Why on earth does my Estoc +14 do more damage than my balder side sword + 14? I BSed the first black knight at the kiln to test and it did roughly 20% more dmg...?

I think a +14 Estoc scales at DB or DC, while a +14 balder scales at high EB or EA. Thus, your strength might be a factor. Additionally, thrusting swords appear to have a hidden critical bonus. The hidden modifier is probably accounting for most of all of the discrepency.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

First post/poll: favourite weapon class. - Page 3 Empty Re: First post/poll: favourite weapon class.

Post by nsane32 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:13 pm

I like to use the sunlight strait sword(max div) prefect for narrow corridors and a long attack range
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:Why on earth does my Estoc +14 do more damage than my balder side sword + 14? I BSed the first black knight at the kiln to test and it did roughly 20% more dmg...?

I think a +14 Estoc scales at DB or DC, while a +14 balder scales at high EB or EA. Thus, your strength might be a factor. Additionally, thrusting swords appear to have a hidden critical bonus. The hidden modifier is probably accounting for most of all of the discrepency.

Sounds convinving, but hidden modifier when there's critical already?

OMG straight swords are gaining on katanas! cheers
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm

JY4answer wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:

It's strange, but it's well documented. I've tried it myself using an unupgraded bandit's knife and an unupgraded mail breaker. The bandit's knife should do more BS damage, but the mail breaker always wins.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm

guess thats why so many backstabbers use thrusting swords
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:01 am

strangejoy wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:

It's strange, but it's well documented. I've tried it myself using an unupgraded bandit's knife and an unupgraded mail breaker. The bandit's knife should do more BS damage, but the mail breaker always wins.

One idea I got today. What physical path does BSs and ripostes follow? As in slash/thrust/smash. Cuz if it follows the one of normal attacks, then the balder SS ould of course do slashing, and the Estoc thrusting. Considering that most armors are weaker with thrusting, it actually makes sense. Its also consistent with the bandit knife / mailbreaker thing.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 am

JY4answer wrote:One idea I got today. What physical path does BSs and ripostes follow? As in slash/thrust/smash. Cuz if it follows the one of normal attacks, then the balder SS ould of course do slashing, and the Estoc thrusting. Considering that most armors are weaker with thrusting, it actually makes sense. Its also consistent with the bandit knife / mailbreaker thing.

I believe it's dependent on the damage type of the normal 1-handed R1 attack, since this is the attack used for the backstab/riposte. I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but thrusting (piercing) does the most critical damage. The R1 attack of the Rapier class weapons are Thrusting, while the R1 attack of the balder side sword and bandits knife are Slashing.
    I'm not sure if this also applies to Spears, since their R1 is also Thrusting, but I do remember that their critical attacks were inferior to rapiers in Demon's Souls.
    edit: I tried, and the spears are still inferior to rapiers for criticals.

Last edited by ublug on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    SilverReborn

Post by SilverReborn Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:13 am

My favorite weapon type would be daggers, but seeing as the topic was forgotten I did as asked by picking another one; Bows. I think it's funny that with enough patience at the begining of the game you can take out a number of stronger enemies with it.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:43 pm

ublug wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:One idea I got today. What physical path does BSs and ripostes follow? As in slash/thrust/smash. Cuz if it follows the one of normal attacks, then the balder SS ould of course do slashing, and the Estoc thrusting. Considering that most armors are weaker with thrusting, it actually makes sense. Its also consistent with the bandit knife / mailbreaker thing.

I believe it's dependent on the damage type of the normal 1-handed R1 attack, since this is the attack used for the backstab/riposte. I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but thrusting (piercing) does the most critical damage. The R1 attack of the Rapier class weapons are Thrusting, while the R1 attack of the balder side sword and bandits knife are Slashing.
    I'm not sure if this also applies to Spears, since their R1 is also Thrusting, but I do remember that their critical attacks were inferior to rapiers in Demon's Souls.
    edit: I tried, and the spears are still inferior to rapiers for criticals.

Yep, thats what I meant. Sorry for using wrong terms.

Aplogies again for leaving out 4 classes.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm surprised there is not so many people with "greatswords/ultra greatswords" Its like 40% of the people I meet in pvp use this weapons O.o
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I picked Greatsword. If I invade you make sure you avoid my Zweihander.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 pm

So we are two buddy winking
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I voted spears. I love my Gargoyle Tail Halberd so much I have two of them. One waiting at +10 for lightning ascension, the other now a +5 fire, which I'll take as far as I can with fire once I get the right ember. I love the speed it has for its reach, its R1 and R2 actions are both functional and R2 especially works how a halberd would. It does decent damage and all this aside, it only weighs 6 pounds. Awesome.

Weirdly I was summoned by this guy in the Depths to boss run and when I arrived there was one waiting for me at my feet. I was unsure what had happened, whether it had glitched because I was in the middle of swapping out weapons as I was summoned into his world. If he dropped it for me then good game sir.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

oi messiah, you know only thing i've seen you do since you came to this forum is do sneaky necrobumps? silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Wow someone bump the covenant poll? big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm