Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skarekrow13
Forum Pirate
Rynoa
7 posters

Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit.

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit. Empty Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit.

Post by Rynoa Wed May 09, 2012 4:30 am

Yesterday I got my Black Phantom edition, which was listed on ebay as "like new - An
    item that looks like it has just been taken out of its shrink wrap. No
    visible wear, and the item is flawless and intact". Seeing as the seller had almost 15k positive feedbacks I trusted it.
    And instead the BP was
    pretty damaged sad

In particular:
    - the outer box has all corners ruined and one wing is almost ripped off, plus
    it's creased on one side (as if something heavy was on top while the box was empty)
    - the actual game plastic case has an half-inch cut on the plastic (the plastic is coming off in that part, because it's not a straight cut) and some glue and remains of labels and scratches
    - the strategy guide it's not new at all, having a corner folded on all pages (cover and inside) and wear signs on all borders and corners.

All in all I've seen far worse BP editions in stores, because that outer box is just of a cardboard type which is easily ruined, but seeing as it was described as flawless blah blah it's not fair at all.

I contacted the seller and he insisted on saying that the item was just as described.

He offered refund on the item price but not on the postal fees, while in his refund policy it states "Refund in full including postage on any faulty goods. Any other goods full refund excluding postage costs on return of goods 14 days after customer receives the item". So he's just treating me as if the item's okay.
    I filed a controversy on paypal this morning and took a lot of pictures just in case.

I really want to know how you can consider like new and flawless an item like that.

Last edited by Rynoa on Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit. Empty Re: Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit.

Post by Forum Pirate Wed May 09, 2012 4:41 am

I'm really meticulous about the care my games recieve, so I may be biased, but to me "like new" means if it weren't opened, it could pass for mint. Anything less and its excellent or good. You are perfectly justified, based on the information you presented.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit. Empty Re: Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit.

Post by Rynoa Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 am

It's a big pain in the ... anyway. It's difficult to find another good one and I'm losing a lot of time with the controversy thing and I'll have to find the time to go shipping this one back sad
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 10:40 am

Have my fingers crossed that PayPal comes through for you. I've had good luck with them before during dispute resolutions. Still doesn't fix the frustration and disappointment for you though.....
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

It seems paypal already decided in my favor and now I've got 10 days to ship back the item.
    I'll have a full refund but will pay my postal fees for the return :|

:evil:
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Ouch. That sucks.

"Return fund? *** her! make her loss something, at least!"
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah that's lame. Always fun to pay money to get nothing out of it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Frankly you have to take descriptions with a pinch of salt. To me, like new is only in relation to the disc for the most part, and merely means that the packaging will be in decent/acceptable nick.

Though considering it was a special edition I know you must have shelled out for as I've seen price it fetches, I'd expect more care to be taken of it considering it's value.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I know a guy, who knows a guy who will break someones legs for $50 winking

I kid.
    *to any police men reading this, i dont really know a guy, who knows a guy who will breakbpeoples legs*
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 pm

But I do
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Frankly you have to take descriptions with a pinch of salt. To me, like new is only in relation to the disc for the most part, and merely means that the packaging will be in decent/acceptable nick.

Though considering it was a special edition I know you must have shelled out for as I've seen price it fetches, I'd expect more care to be taken of it considering it's value.

Actually if the Like New part is about the cd only they must write so. Especially since it said that it looked like it was just taken out of the shrink wrap, wth?? Did it take it out with a chainsaw?
    Other people are far more honest in their description.
    Proof of it is the fact paypal took less than 8 hours to close the controversy in my favor.

The thing I do not understand is how this guy has 15000 positive feedbacks, especially considering he was really rude.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 pm

50 bucks? Screw that I'll do it for 5 and some energy drinks!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Bring some matches Eki
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu May 10, 2012 4:13 am

So, I don't care who, can anyone go and break legs for me, please? Darkmoons maybe? Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit. 3799246625

To the policemen: just kidding, just kidding. Venting my frustration... ruined BP edit. 1330857165

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:50 pm