Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Visit Sunny Anor Londo

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Visit Sunny Anor Londo Empty Visit Sunny Anor Londo

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 pm

I have found my favorite area to date in Dark Souls. Sunny Anor Londo. The sunlight must have a positive effect on the darkwraiths, because they have been unusually decent during my encounters there. They also seem to be more prevalent. My hour long trip from the start to the bonfire in the chapel netted me 7 invasions. Two left when they realized I was struggling my way through the rafters, 4 fought me on the runway before the moving stairs and at the bottom of the stairs to the chapel. One caught me on the platform where the two naked bat demons ambush and had the decency to hold his attack until my poison finished off the dragonbow archers so they didn't interfere with our fight.

Once I arrived at the chapel bonfire I found invasions happened on average every 5 minutes. One darkwraith actually invaded me twice in less then three minutes after my first death at his hands. On the second invasion, he bowed, dropped an electric server, then left my world. I don't have the strength to use it, but it's the thought that counts.

Only one darkwraith took a cheap shot. When I get the signal I'm being invaded, I go to the room across the hall from the bonfire for my arena. He came up behind me as I was going to the far corner and backstabbed me. I thought, "If you want a cheap kill...fine" and I just stood there wide open for him to finish me. He stood there for a few seconds, then left the room closing the door behind him. I healed. He returned. We then had one hell of a nail biter of a fight that lasted over two minutes and came down to whoever got the last hit... he did, but what fun. He did a proper bow as I died out.

I think I had at least 10 invasions before I had to call it quits, one of which was a victory for me. Woha!!!!! 1 for 15. So I will be vacationing in Anor Londo, working on my PVP skills, at least until one of those stingy knights drop a silver knight sword or I run out of humanity.

Last question. Do all the knights drop the sword, or only the ones who use it in combat. I've gotten a number of spears and shields from the spear wielders, but nothing from the others.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Visit Sunny Anor Londo Empty Re: Visit Sunny Anor Londo

Post by Quarik Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Only the sword knights drop swords, only the spear knights drop spears, both drop shields, and only archers drop arrows.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Quarik: Thank You!!! That will help me adjust my farming pattern.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 pm

What sl are you? Awesome stuff by the way, I might be taking a vacay in Anor as well.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 am

Imarreteet23: I started at level 90, I'm SL 92 now.big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Well good sir I have a 90 something, if you want some legit duels lemme know and i'll meet up with you.We could probably both use the practice!
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Federally: It would be a privilege to duel with you. I'm usually playing during the work week, Mon thru Thur, 8PM to 10 PM. Sometimes I actually drag my sorry butt out of bed at 5:30 AM to get an hour in before I go to work. Fri after work thru Sunday my wife owns me, so my play time is erratic and sparse then.

Oh... and by the by... if we're fighting and I suddenly start spinning about like a top. I'm not having a fit. I just screwed up an attempted attack, unlocked.8)
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 11, 2012 2:50 am

Kirk-Barb wrote:Federally: It would be a privilege to duel with you. I'm usually playing during the work week, Mon thru Thur, 8PM to 10 PM. Sometimes I actually drag my sorry butt out of bed at 5:30 AM to get an hour in before I go to work. Fri after work thru Sunday my wife owns me, so my play time is erratic and sparse then.

Oh... and by the by... if we're fighting and I suddenly start spinning about like a top. I'm not having a fit. I just screwed up an attempted attack, unlocked.8)

Lol okay that was funny. But I have bad news my 90 room is now 105 trying to hit 120 for the Fight Club, maybe you should do the same!
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

Federally: No Problem.... I'm going up that direction as well. Last night I broke 98 with the help of.... count them,,,,, 1,2,3,4,5..... yes 5 victories. Who new all it would take was for me to stop using the +5 silver knights sword I had sought after and paid dear souls to get and go back to my +10 balders side sword I have been using since it's first dropped into my hands in the Parish oh so many levels and battles ago. It may do a little less then 100 pts of damage less, but I just connect better with it. And I mean that both figurativly and actually.big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:Federally: No Problem.... I'm going up that direction as well. Last night I broke 98 with the help of.... count them,,,,, 1,2,3,4,5..... yes 5 victories. Who new all it would take was for me to stop using the +5 silver knights sword I had sought after and paid dear souls to get and go back to my +10 balders side sword I have been using since it's first dropped into my hands in the Parish oh so many levels and battles ago. It may do a little less then 100 pts of damage less, but I just connect better with it. And I mean that both figurativly and actually.big grin

Yeah the BSS is a damn good sword if you're built to take advantage of its scaling. It hits well, swings fast and has a good move set. Great thing about DkS is that every weapon is viable when upgraded, so pick the one that fits your build and play style. Do yourself a favor and go drain the water in New Londo, then get the Very Large Ember from Lower New Londo and make that BSS +11 or more. You'll notice a big difference going from +10 to +14.

Oh and good job on the victories. It feels so great when you first get the hang of PvP and string together your first few victories.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm