Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
barrywilkins
mugenis4real
DoughGuy
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
Extertionist
Quarik
bloodpixel
Carphil
Maneater_Mildred
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Wade_Wilson
17 posters

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such - Page 3 Empty Re: Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Post by Tolvo Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 am

I think a year or two after.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such - Page 3 Empty Re: Dreams, lucid dreams, nightmares and the such

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 07, 2012 1:32 am

That would really suck, to have depression at that age. But there could be a link there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 07, 2012 1:34 am

Well I have dreams that often tear me down and make me more depressed, so there could be a link. It could be the dreams were induced by the injury, and over time they've worn down at my will or something like that. Basically I feel like I should be a child in a movie written by M Night Shamanalamanam.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 07, 2012 1:35 am

So by treating the dreams you could treat the depresion. Have you ever tried techniques to stop you from dreaming? I cant think of nay of the top of my head but a quick google search is bound to turn up 100 fake ones and about 3 real ones.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 07, 2012 1:37 am

I used to try methods, and it only made it worse. I'd instead just see blackness for about three hours, then wake up. As you can imagine being in a void for a period of time that you actually can't recognize, it really *** up with your sense of time, your sense of self, and even your understanding of if you are really alive or not. The most I've ever managed in the ways of dealing with it is setting up alarms throughout the night so that my dreams would be interrupted, and then I would fall back asleep. The issue is doing so left me very lethargic and weak.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 07, 2012 1:45 am

Honestly I think seeing a psychiatrist or something is the only thing that would help. This seems too serious for anyone else to solve.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 am

I think your problems may have been cause by the concussion and something else combined.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 am

I recently had a dream where I dreamed of Tolvo dreaming...0_0
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 07, 2012 2:32 am

Well I now see my post somehow didn't go through. Thanks for listening guys, while we didn't figure it all out I might come back and think on some of the imagery and what not and symbols in my dreams.

Sadly a Therapist is out of my budget, but again thanks for trying guys.

Mugen, sounds scary.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 am

ive noticed that my dreams as i got older and older (19 now) have slowly gotten more...real. most dreams i have these days are just me with people ive known just doing stuff like talking and walking around. its a real troubling thing to think. has my reality become a fantasy? has my fantasy become reality? i have only one question...

is this the real life?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 07, 2012 2:36 am

Dream Reality, it's so *** confusing. Frankly you can't answer that question, it's impossible man. You just have to hope the one your in right now is real. Treat them all like realities, that's what I do.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon May 07, 2012 2:50 am

Tolvo wrote:Mugen, sounds scary.

Dreamception :shock:

Seriously though barrywilkins, I'm going through something very similar, I can't tell when I'm asleep or awake anymore. Reality and dreams are blurring together, so I should be somewhat alarmed right? Weird thing is I'm actually okay with not knowing, I don't really have any serious problems going on in my dreams or reality as far as I can tell so I'm pretty relaxed. Hell for all I know this entire thread, or maybe this entire post isn't real and dreaming it up. Ah well :drunken:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 07, 2012 5:39 am

I had a recurring dream where I was stuck in a gyroscope and could not get out....
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon May 07, 2012 9:58 am

Worst dreams I've ever had are the ones when I'm thirsty. In the dream I get up and drink a glass of water. But when I really wake up, I realize that I'm still thirsty. I hate those dreams.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Wade, you been exploring the ol' Lucid dream threads again?

I started trying to Lucid dream after reading about them a while ago on a place that was surprisingly not 4chan. About several months afterwards (My procrastination is pretty servere) I began to try it, and have managed to do so quite regularly since then. WILDs are much easier to induce as they do not require you to engage in repetetive reality checks in day to day life. I remember putting up sticky notes saying "hands" in every room of my house so that I could remember to look at my hands, and then subsequently try to breath through my nose when it was held (Those are two reality checks). I eventually gave up on trying to realise I'm dreaming, and just induced them from consciousness.

Long story short, most fun I'd had in a while first time I did it. It may require dedication, but it sure as hell pays off.

Another thing, don't start making me think about dream reality again, those things are deep
    :shock:
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Wade, you been exploring the ol' Lucid dream threads again?

I started trying to Lucid dream after reading about them a while ago on a place that was surprisingly not 4chan. About several months afterwards (My procrastination is pretty servere) I began to try it, and have managed to do so quite regularly since then. WILDs are much easier to induce as they do not require you to engage in repetetive reality checks in day to day life. I remember putting up sticky notes saying "hands" in every room of my house so that I could remember to look at my hands, and then subsequently try to breath through my nose when it was held (Those are two reality checks). I eventually gave up on trying to realise I'm dreaming, and just induced them from consciousness.

Long story short, most fun I'd had in a while first time I did it. It may require dedication, but it sure as hell pays off.

Another thing, don't start making me think about dream reality again, those things are deep
    :shock:

I try to avoid lucid dream threads on 4chan they generally devolve into people lying about how they had a naughty dream with <insert pronstar name here> and all intelligent discussion goes out the window.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon May 07, 2012 3:31 pm

That is true, though when they first started on /x/ they were actually quite interesting. I've never managed to have a naughty dream so far, and though I can't say it's my number one goal, I guess it would be pretty cool. Of course imagining something is never easy in dreams, so I doubt you could just will that certain pr0nstar into your dream...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

I remember many of my nightmares and dreams, but those that I remmeber were when I was of a very young age. I just have to think of them, and I remember everything about them. Msot of them are my nightmares, thou I cherish them as much as my dreams, possibly even more.

The acceleration of the heart when the aspects of fear, grief, terror, horror, and many other aspects can be seen. Sometimes it can just be emotions and expressions from the mind that show us something to sweat over. I love them more than my dreams, as I usually forget most dreams... Everything you remember from your sleep has meaning to it, usually a message of sorts, both external and internal. If you have encountered such dreams to be in reality, you will know what I mean.

The mind is indeed far superior than the body; The dragon superior than the ape. The problem is that people don't understand it, and usually either fall or die. If you see something in your dream, no matter what it is, do not take it for granted. It is meant for you to see, so try to understand what it is. Otherwise, you will always be in the darkest place in the world, which many cherish as light.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu May 17, 2012 7:33 am

I have started to have a problem, i can’t really separate a dream from reality. This happens mostly when i stay up late, when i wake up i have weird memories and i don’t know if they are true or not. Most of the time i can find out if they are true or not, sometimes they are and sometimes they aren’t.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 am

Had the gyroscope one. I woke up feeling sick and disorientated.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 pm