Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
dirkdeadeye
RANT
WyrmHero
7 posters

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build Empty Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 am

Rant and guys, after making my Chaos pyro build, I want to start making my perfect Occult Paladin. He must be able to:

Use a buffable badass large weapon with high Str.
    Use Darkmoon Blade.
    Use a secondary Occult weapon.
    I'm undecided if he is going to wear shiny or dark armor.
    I'm aiming for 50 faith.
    Might have to use Vow of Silence.
    SL 120
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build Empty Re: Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 12:07 pm

i have this build that i use tha works pretty good for me, i use it in the forest a lot.
    http://tinyurl.com/7j58c7c

you can tweak it as much as you can so can you can wield the dga or smough's hammer, i usually go with the clubs,msgs,dgm,mace etc.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Help me make the perfect occult paladin build Empty Re: Help me make the perfect occult paladin build

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Mmmm that's an interesting 1, I'll make sure to have the minimum Str to 2 hand the weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 1:35 pm

i dual wield msgs, one occult and one devine with the pg set and it looks pretty aweome, the shadow armor too. what weapon(s) are you gonna use?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

I don't know if using a shiny one or a dark one. This build has some lore too, it's like a Paladin of Velka and Guardian of Priscilla, much like corrupted Garl Vinland.

Edit: Dragon King Greataxe looks darkish and can be buffed with DMB. Hum......
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm

youre gonna have to sacrifice something for 3 str, not much though but if youre goinf for the dkga why not just switch and make it 50 str and 30 faith? or 40 str and 40 faith
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:08 pm

40 Faith sounds good, I'll need all the AR I can from the occult weapon as well. But I wanted to create a build with 50 faith...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 2:10 pm

keep 50 faith and take some points from vit and get your str up to 34 then. off topic, i just got gravelorded in anor londo and its awesome, now i can say ive done pretty much everything there is to do in dark souls, i keep going back to the bonfire to make them respawn.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=398002757

That's my holy build..to give you ideas
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:33 pm

@Rant wow that's awesome. The only BP I have seen is the Berenike knight at Undead Church.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 pm

@Dirk that's a good build, I think I might have trouble with the equipload....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 2:51 pm

i cant go on his link, damn.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 pm

umm a buffable str weapon... does it have to be a huge one? if not a mace or pick axe fit nicely.. for large weapons though... greataxe,

and for armor how about iron golem helm with black iron body and whatever for the legs and arms?
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Does the damage have to be overkill? The hard hitting weapons are easy to dodge..I'd rather just use a one handed sword, or claymore and get it into the 500s if you're facing a havels scrub, the big guns arent gonna give you an advantage..use wog, or an estoc, and shove him off of your blade with your foot, thats why we got twop, cheap or not..
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 3:18 pm

dirkdeadeye wrote:Does the damage have to be overkill? The hard hitting weapons are easy to dodge..I'd rather just use a one handed sword, or claymore and get it into the 500s if you're facing a havels scrub, the big guns arent gonna give you an advantage..use wog, or an estoc, and shove him off of your blade with your foot, thats why we got twop, cheap or not..

have you ever used a large or great club? the 2h rolling attack stagers poeple with 76 poise in one hit and you can lock off and aim it wherever you want so that if someone tries to go for a bs during your animation they'll take a huge club in the face instead of getting a bs. and it can dead anlge, same with most large weapons.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 3:55 pm

@Sparkly The buffable weapon I want it to be huge. The secondary occult one can be small, but must have high occult scaling.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 pm

http://tinyurl.com/79x4msw

Was thinking of using it myself. Can remove 4 points from end for 50 faith, but you're already dealing monster damage. Couldn't really find any armor sets to wear for fast roll lol, so Dragon body? Would make it much more damaging.
    Karn
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Karn Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Karn wrote:http://tinyurl.com/79x4msw

Was thinking of using it myself. Can remove 4 points from end for 50 faith, but you're already dealing monster damage. Couldn't really find any armor sets to wear for fast roll lol, so Dragon body? Would make it much more damaging.

Smaller occult weapon could be B-Axe, butchers knife, etc.

Edit* Whoops. That wasn't the edit button.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Guys what do you think of this?
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=189215884

I'm still unsure on the secondary occult weapon...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 4:53 pm

you should go with the great club dude, its one of the harder hitting weapon in the game and you can always switch to an occult large club which get an A in faith and hits hard.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 4:58 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Guys what do you think of this?
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=189215884

I'm still unsure on the secondary occult weapon...

looks good but if youre gonna buff maybe you should use the demon great axe.
    off topic; just started gravelording and im surprised at how only two people have tried to bs me, the rest have been really good fight and i had my first ganbaged, 3v1 and it was awesome, it started just me and an sov fighting a legit dual then the other two showed up(sov and dw) and eveeryone was so confused noone, everybody was just sizing up everybody and eventually the royal rumble started and it was so much fun, the dw was not going for mw at all he was goning for the sovs and i finally ended up getting bas'd to death.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Rant I think the axe is buffable, I never had used it, so I think it'll be fun. I think I might consider having the Large Club as secondary occult, but it's a bit heavy...

Edit: LOL as a GL I get pretty good fights as well, most are duelists or newbies who haven't seen a GL sign ever and want to try it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 5:15 pm

i know the axe is buffable but the demon is stronger with the scaling and all but i havent tested them to see which one is stronger.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Indeed the DKGA has 570 AR 2 handed @ 34 str.
    The DGA (crystal) has 705 AR 2 handed @ 31 str.

But I already have a toon with DGA!!!! Damn, I'll have to choose another stronger dark weapon...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 pm

you could always use the dragon ugs the special attack its so awesome but im not sure if you can buff it ro can you buff all dragon weapons?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm