Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Mr. Tart
Lord of Ash
Myztyrio
Derpwraith
swordiris
TheBigLebowski
siegfried78
User
RaynexFall
Tolvo
ICEFANG
DoughGuy
Yesuurd
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
befowler
Whknight
JohnnyHarpoon
Carphil
Emergence
FexDS
Domhnall
Eliteknight
BARZOHD-
meridam99
29 posters

Reputation, how, what, why...

FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Reputation, how, what, why... - Page 3 Empty Re: Reputation, how, what, why...

Post by FexDS Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Rofl. Ok enough derail guys. silly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Yes M'am... For now

twisted
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:24 am

though i don't know if this is considered off topic or not, how does the point system work? i know how the rep system works now, thanks to tolvo, but the point system still eludes me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

You get 1 point per day you are a member, one per point post, 3 per topic. Thats what i can tell.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 am

then how do you lose it? as i've seen many people with large amounts of points with very few posts, and others with large amounts of posts with about half in points, and i myself have lost 3 points in the last few hours.
    siegfried78
    siegfried78
    Casual
    Casual

Post by siegfried78 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 pm

It would be helpful if the original post mentions something about how new users cannot use the rep feature. I don't know when it is activated but I do not have access to it and I understand it is related to use of account so perhaps that could be added into the first post of this thread if anyone knows the details of how it becomes available.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm

read through, it will tell you that you can start repping at bout 35 posts.
    siegfried78
    siegfried78
    Casual
    Casual

Post by siegfried78 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:42 pm

RaynexFall wrote:read through, it will tell you that you can start repping at bout 35 posts.

This is all the way down to page three, it seems like there must be an easier way to get this information to someone. Maybe I will send a PM to the original poster to see if he/she can edit it.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Reputation is cool although to me it's a bit like indictements you never know the reasons, at the end I believe that most of the guys who have - some value of rep are not very good at interacting with others, me I have never gotten a downvote.But I have seen people get downvoted for fun, for comments that were not in agreement to someoene else, I mean we can have discussions without getting out of hand.I think it is a good medium in itself and lets you know who you might be dealing with but if someone is misunderstood and not given a chance then it gives space to bad judgement and worst of all people who are cast away for voicing different ideas even if they do it in a composed manner, so my main suggestion to this would be that when someone gives a downvote he atleast get a box which asks why did he downvote this user, it could be open or multiple choice answers
    but that would definitely give the mods more input of who the users really are and at the same time give the users more security when they look at a bad rep person or get bad rep themselves.

This. You never know who downvoted you and for what reason. I am a very helpful guy, still a negative rep. Bullcrap. Dont pay much attention to it. It's useless. I am going to downrep for fun too.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 pm

RaynexFall wrote:then how do you lose it? as i've seen many people with large amounts of points with very few posts, and others with large amounts of posts with about half in points, and i myself have lost 3 points in the last few hours.
    Poepel have tons of points for little posts because they have been memerbs for ages, burt rarely post. You on the other hand have posted in off topic, meaning yo uhave less points than posts. i dont know about losing points, but it would help me if you figurd out how that happens.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:40 am

I up repped you Lobowski. I had negative rep for a while and know how it feels.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 pm

But, I cant find it! T_T
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 pm

I seem to have some haters.. :c
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Myztyrio wrote:I seem to have some haters.. :c
    You posted a video on how to do the dragon head glitch on one of my threads, dummy.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm

hey i dont see the + or - does negative rep affect being able to see it
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 pm

I read a post somewhere saying you can't vote with negative rep, so...yeah. Shrug
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:17 am

I REALLY wish there was a way to easily view all up-repped messages a user posted.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 am

Dude my controversal opinions and ideas have earned me a pretty bad rep
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 pm

I dont get it . Why are People with negative rep not allowed to give Rep to others ? Is it to prevent spitefull acts of downreping ?
    Not everyone is that Childish you know -.-
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Marino. wrote:I dont get it . Why are People with negative rep not allowed to give Rep to others ? Is it to prevent spitefull acts of downreping ?
    Not everyone is that Childish you know -.-
    People who have bad reputation are probably childish. Most of them are trolls, or people who take no consideration into other's feelings or work. So yes its a smart move.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

You get downrep'ed for non-reasons. Mostly for people who can't handle an opinion. Pretty sad. Hiding behind their keyboard. I bet those downrep guys would have been pretty good gestapo guys in WO2. cheers
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm

See, people tend to have no problems with differing opinions and ideas.

"I disagree with you."

There is nothing wrong with that. When you create a persona for people that is so warped and negative people will not react so well. I know that this is something maybe a moderator should talk about as opposed to me if they even feel there is a need to talk about it. In which case feel free to remind me that I shouldn't be scolding people because I am overstepping my bounds a little, maybe a lot.

The statement above me is an insult pure and simple. Comparing posters to the Gestapo and talking about how they are cowards hiding behind their keyboards. We are all behind our keyboards typing to one another. Sometimes people do get a bit opinionated and might say something they shouldn't have but often we do notice this.

I'm a Forest Hunter and always have been.

If someone says "Forest hunters suck they are all unskilled noobs," I'm going to perhaps find that offensive.

If someone says "I dislike forest hunters, I always have bad experiences with when they invade." I might disagree with the idea since it isn't my personal experience yet I would not say it is wrong of them to feel that way.

We all have different opinions of one another and they should be treated as just that, opinions. Hell I've said some harsh things in the past and I've been downrepped for it. As I should be since I was way out of line. People who have a low rep tend to have it for a reason and hell some actually don't want a high rep. It is just a number when you boil down to it. At the same time it does give a good idea of what type of content the person may be posting.

Marino's case I have no idea. It might be unjust, or justifiable. I haven't seen any of his posts that were downrepped so I can't weigh in on that.

A simple way to put it is that people make mistakes and will get downrepped for it. But reputation can always be earned back fairly easily by being friendly and helpful. A common sight is for a first time poster to mention something against the rules.

These always go one of two ways. They either explode or they realize their mistake, correct it, and accept that it was made. Sometimes these early posts get a person some negative rep. However usually if they do the latter one and realize their mistake people will up rep them. Hell I've seen people get +3 rep on their first post because of this.

Now not everyone with negative rep posts truly bad content. As well none of them should just be ignored. Everyone can have bad days and people can always turn around. A prime example of someone with a negative rep that is really helpful to the community is Buggy Virus. He would sometimes post controversial things that would get him negative rep. He was very accepting of it and was extremely humble about it. For a guy with so much negative rep I must say he has been really helpful to people.

The simplest thing to do is take the Rep of a person as being the summary on the back of a book. It gives you an idea of what to expect but you won't really know till you crack that thing open and start reading.

Such a long tangent for no reason, I think I'm going senile in my old age.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 pm

I was just describing my experience on another Forum that had a similiar rating system, and i was afraid that something like that could happen again .
    Which was why i wrote what i wrote
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:30 pm

I actually wasn't really responding to you Marino, but Lebowski.

I understand why you said what you said as it's always something to consider. I've had it happen as well. It's a reasonable thing to think about since first impressions are often important. As well without tone things can get misunderstood.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:

You get downrep'ed for non-reasons. Mostly for people who can't handle an opinion. Pretty sad. Hiding behind their keyboard. I bet those downrep guys would have been pretty good gestapo guys in WO2. cheers

Scanning through the posts that got you downrepped, I'd say it looks like you got it more for the labeling of the op as opposed to disagreeing. There are other posts in that thread that disagree with the op that did not receive a downrep. It may be time to reevaluate how you are forming and verbalizing your opinion. It is quite possible you are being taken as combative, whether or not that is the truth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 am