Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Rynn
RANT
TehInfamousAmos
FattyOfDoom
8 posters

A great PVP build for all you veterabs

FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A great PVP build for all you veterabs Empty A great PVP build for all you veterabs

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Here is, in my opinion the best PVP build:
    (Start as cleric)

RH: Falchion
    LH: Grass crest shield and DM talisman

Armor: All Elite Knight's set

Rings: Darkwood Grain
    Wolf Ring

Stats: Vit 40
    End 34
    Att 12 (Spell's are DM blade and your choice)
    Dex 40
    Fai 50
    Everything else will be the cleric's starting stats base

This build will dominate players due to its 3 main strengths : Speed
    Power
    Stunlock ability

The wolf's ring will give me 86 poise with the EK set, and will allow me to stunlock the players before they can.

Very viable build, I am NOT the creator of this build, I just thought it would be good to be posted here.

Any questions, just ask
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

A great PVP build for all you veterabs Empty Re: A great PVP build for all you veterabs

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 02, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm a vet"arab" winking just kidding but tbh this is a reasonably nice and simple looking build - tbh it is a bit too easy imo
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

A great PVP build for all you veterabs Empty Re: A great PVP build for all you veterabs

Post by RANT Wed May 02, 2012 6:54 pm

my large/great club would like to disagree about stunlocking someone before you get stunlocked but overall its a good build and there's no such thing as best build.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

This build is going to fail versus anyone that knows how to dodge, as once you loose your DMB buff, you'll have nearly no range, and low as hell damage. I'd recommend PGS if you're going to do such a build.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Falchion can't stunlock +31 poise. I haven't fought with Falchion but I think it's not used for stunlocking.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Falchion can't stunlock +31 poise. I haven't fought with Falchion but I think it's not used for stunlocking.

falchion is actually really good, has good scaling and attack animation is tricky to parry. i fought a guy in pw and he was pretty good with it, that thing hits hard when buffed.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed May 02, 2012 7:03 pm

How are you going to stunlock someone with a falchion???
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Glutebrah wrote:How are you going to stunlock someone with a falchion???
    If a guy tries to run up and just tank the blows, the two handed R2 takes away 96 poise pretty fast, while doing about 870 damage total. But that's only good if you see it coming, and they don't see you coming.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 02, 2012 7:12 pm

big grin Thanks for the comments, all you vete"rabs" haha, time to answer questions.

Rant, that is why my 2nd spell is sunlight blade, and actually, the damage without the buff is still good with the stunlocking

Wyrmhero, this build will have about 86 poise, I MIGHT be able to stunlock you hahah

Rynn, you are right on that perspective, but usually those who LOOk fot PVP tend to not run, so fingers crossed :3

And you are right about his being to easy haha, but I love the Falchions moveset sooo... I love this build
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 02, 2012 7:13 pm

big grin Thanks for the comments, all you vete"rabs" haha, time to answer questions.

Rant, that is why my 2nd spell is sunlight blade, and actually, the damage without the buff is still good with the stunlocking

Wyrmhero, this build will have about 86 poise, I MIGHT be able to stunlock you hahah

Rynn, you are right on that perspective, but usually those who LOOk fot PVP tend to not run, so fingers crossed :3

And you are right about his being to easy haha, but I love the Falchions moveset sooo... I love this build
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 pm

You've not PvP'd many people if some people don't dodge for a single minute while they wait for your buff to go out. I'm known to dodge for a good minute without ever attacking while I wait for someones buff to go out, then killing them without a second thought. I personally am more concerned about the range, as I can easily get you down without ever getting in range via my weaponry, and unless you aim to BS, the build won't work vs any player similar to myself in playstyle.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Double post FTW

Anyway, I don't see many falchion users out there, would be fun to fight this build
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Rynn wrote:You've not PvP'd many people if some people don't dodge for a single minute while they wait for your buff to go out. I'm known to dodge for a good minute without ever attacking while I wait for someones buff to go out, then killing them without a second thought. I personally am more concerned about the range, as I can easily get you down without ever getting in range via my weaponry, and unless you aim to BS, the build won't work vs any player similar to myself in playstyle.

Well, most players, are supposed to not run for 1 minute to start fighting. Even so, thats why I have a chaos bastard sword for these situations (and to stunlock people with low poise).

Most players that keep dodging the entire fight also do never attack and just want to BS. If they run too far away to hide or something I just black crystal out, assuming that they left the duel area.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Rynn wrote:This build is going to fail versus anyone that knows how to dodge, as once you loose your DMB buff, you'll have nearly no range, and low as hell damage. I'd recommend PGS if you're going to do such a build.

Don't forget people that use spears.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Hmmm those are very good points guys.... I might have to scrap that Idea
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:33 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Rynn wrote:This build is going to fail versus anyone that knows how to dodge, as once you loose your DMB buff, you'll have nearly no range, and low as hell damage. I'd recommend PGS if you're going to do such a build.

Don't forget people that use spears.
    I usually have a spear in my offhand.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Dont scrap it, just make some modifications to ajust the situations you will find. Make an occult partizan or winged spear, and an occult katana or curved sword as well!
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 pm

I could add that, that will end the runners, WOOP big grin I love this place!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

FattyOfDoom wrote: big grin Thanks for the comments, all you vete"rabs" haha, time to answer questions.

one hit with the rolling 2h clubs will stunlock you with one hit even with 76 poise and yes the damage of the falchion unbuffed is pretty good.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Rynn wrote:You've not PvP'd many people if some people don't dodge for a single minute while they wait for your buff to go out. I'm known to dodge for a good minute without ever attacking while I wait for someones buff to go out, then killing them without a second thought. I personally am more concerned about the range, as I can easily get you down without ever getting in range via my weaponry, and unless you aim to BS, the build won't work vs any player similar to myself in playstyle.

Well, most players, are supposed to not run for 1 minute to start fighting. Even so, thats why I have a chaos bastard sword for these situations (and to stunlock people with low poise).

Most players that keep dodging the entire fight also do never attack and just want to BS. If they run too far away to hide or something I just black crystal out, assuming that they left the duel area.
    I stick close, I roll around within the area of the dual arena, and when you're not close enough to be hit, I'll take a swing to keep you away. I'm not scared to fight a person whom has the buff on, yet I do find it convenient to just keep them at arms length until the buff vanishes. Thanks for the - btw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 pm