Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield  Empty Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 02, 2012 4:08 pm

yup another build post sorry. but yea i think this will be fun im about to enter ng+ to finish it up. i have never use this many spells but this is going to kinda be my troll build lol. im going to medium roll for more authenticity so i wont be totally op. i wont have two zwei's but i just put them there to show i will have an occult version and a normal version for buffing. ive noticed people use the armor but never seen a full blown build.

http://tinyurl.com/83kcrq6

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Wed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield  Empty Re: Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield

Post by RANT Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

looks good dude, zwei hits really hard when buffed witl slb/dmb.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield  Empty Re: Catarina build + spiked/pierce shield

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 02, 2012 5:41 pm

im pretty pumped to surprise people with the pierce shield also. I watched this sansvie video the other day and this guy had a server in his left hand and a pierce shield in his right, two handing it he did 308dmg! so i assume i can get can get 200 or so using it in my left. thats much better then the spiked shield.

rant you might like this video if you havent seen it theres a capra cosplay at the start. pierce shield dmg is at 6:30
    i had trouble believing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDs89YiLxWI
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Good toon... Yeah i love the spiked shield on my catarina toon... i think you will enjoy it as much as i do.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

i've done the pierce shield before, its actually quite a nice weapon, i made a divine one, and forest gankers fell to my pointy spike of doom! mind you div shields scale with int... probably bet to stick to normal in your case.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 02, 2012 6:20 pm

yea i just made a +14 spiked shield for my other build(i had only made a fire+5 one prior that didnt do great dmg) i can one shot the balder knights easily with it. i think its best to keep it normal for sure. i didnt realize how well they scaled for being shields. i think im in love lol. i love how i can still be surprised after 1000s of hrs of gameplay.

edit:wow i cant choose which i like more the pierce or spiked. pierce has a tiny bit more dmg and slightly better range but spiked causes bleed.....
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 pm

a question, the running attack of the barbed shield hits twice, the first is a stun the second actually does damage... does the first impact inflict bleed or does only the second hit inflict bleed? also the one handed r1 for shields is pretty fast.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 02, 2012 6:32 pm

not sure its very difficult to tell when something is causing bleed. i am very impressed with the spiked shield .i just tested the running attack on the naked undead at the entrance of new londo, it did 375dmg! thats not that impressive since they have no armor but for a shield it damn well is. i have 30str and 40dex so this thing is a beast with this build. im pretty sure i going to use one of my slabs to make it +15, i think ive made a shield +15 once before and it was my first or second playthrough.

cant wait to try some pvp with my +15 spiked shield in RH and +15 murakumo in LH. that will surprise/confuse the mof+giants clones.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

also isn't there a stability boost for two handing shields? or not, because the barbed abd pierce shields only have 49 stability... but seem to block more than that when two handed...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 pm

hmmm thats interesting ive never thought of that. i have to agree that i think it does but ive never heard anyone discuss exact numbers.i checked and it doesnt change in the menu but im thinking 2handing it just decreases the amount of stamina you lose, but isnt that stability lol. idk interesting question.

sorry rant time:
    since i dont want to post a topic just for a rant i have to just get this out here. i went to the great hollow to get a slab to upgrade the shield and first off it was a bad run i got nothing. thats not why im pissed tho, a glitch occured that i have never had happen or at least never noticed. i had gear with decent curse resist and i killed the frogs a few times while farming the lizards and my curse bar was about this long
    "----------------" then i fell and died and when i was going to get my souls(and 99humanity) i went by the frogs and right as i came in contact with the curse smoke i barely had time to notice before i was cursed but my bar was this size"---" which is the same as having no curse resist. WTF! theres no mistake i had dusks robe on. i must have the worst fcking luck

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 am