Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

another build question and a little rant

belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

another build question and a little rant Empty another build question and a little rant

Post by belkaizer Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 am

I made another toon to play with some friends and here are my stats

vit16 att16 end20 str16 dex20 and faith 30(rest base)

im trying to make the dex/faith combo with 40dex/30 faith. im guessing that for the best buff damage and some lighting there for pve/pvp is best with those stats?? im guessing 20 dex/50 faith is not worth it or im guessing it doesnt work as well as the 40/30??

my rant is that i got grieved twice one time in the dephts and another time in anor londo. im seeing giants armor everywhere. was the purpose of killing someone that is weaker than you??? im guessing thats the question of a million dollars and millions of topics, so dont answer my rant.

thanks for the help as always cheers
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

another build question and a little rant Empty Re: another build question and a little rant

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed May 02, 2012 2:22 am

I'd laugh if the DLC morphed the giants set so much, it was only useful to people who knew how to be heavy (like a giant weight increase)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

another build question and a little rant Empty Re: another build question and a little rant

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 02, 2012 2:40 am

I would like to know what's the difference in AR between 30 and 50 faith of SLB and DMB. I know that SLB increases only ~30 more AR from 30 to 40 faith. At 40 faith Canvas talisman has 190 MagAdj vs 170 MagAdj at 30 faith. This means it increased 1.5 points of AR per MagAdj. Darkmoon talisman has 226 MagAdj at 50 faith.

So at 50 faith maybe SLB would only increase about 75 AR. Which depends if the buffed weapon has already high AR. Increasing 75 AR to a 300 AR weapon is not the same as increasing 75 AR to a 600 AR weapon, because AR has increasing returns (increasing little to a high AR weapon is better than increasing little to a low AR weapon).
    ScottieDOESknow
    ScottieDOESknow

Post by ScottieDOESknow Wed May 02, 2012 3:46 am

Canvas Talisman @ 30 faith = 172 Mag Adjust
    Canvas Talisman @ 35 faith = 181 Mag Adjust
    Darkmoon Talisman @ 40 faith = 191 Mag Adjust
    Darkmoon Talisman @ 45 faith = 208 Mag Adjust
    Darkmoon Talisman @ 50 faith = 226 Mag Adjust

SLB is Mag Adjust x 1.8

DMB (+1 rank) is Mag Adjust x 1.9
    DMB (+2 rank) is Mag Adjust x 2.0
    DMB (+3 rank) is Mag Adjust x 2.1

There are some very informative posts on this board, gamefaqs and preparetodie forums explaining this information.
    I would suggest to google your inquiry next time as it should only take you a few minutes to find your answer.

Hope this helps
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Thank you for that man. +1
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Wed May 02, 2012 2:39 pm

ScottieDOESknow wrote:Canvas Talisman @ 30 faith = 172 Mag Adjust
    Canvas Talisman @ 35 faith = 181 Mag Adjust
    Darkmoon Talisman @ 40 faith = 191 Mag Adjust
    Darkmoon Talisman @ 45 faith = 208 Mag Adjust
    Darkmoon Talisman @ 50 faith = 226 Mag Adjust

SLB is Mag Adjust x 1.8

DMB (+1 rank) is Mag Adjust x 1.9
    DMB (+2 rank) is Mag Adjust x 2.0
    DMB (+3 rank) is Mag Adjust x 2.1

There are some very informative posts on this board, gamefaqs and preparetodie forums explaining this information.
    I would suggest to google your inquiry next time as it should only take you a few minutes to find your answer.

Hope this helps

thanks for the info. but my question was if someone has tried a dex/faith build with another ratio besides 40 dex/30 faith for a sl 120 build
    im interested to know wich one works better for buffing. im guessing 40dex/30faith. but im still curious if someone has tried another combination
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Add the AR of the 40 dex weapon + 30 faith AR of SLB or DMB. Do the same with 20 dex AR of the weapon + 50 faith AR of DMB or SLB.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 pm

not sure what im going to do. but maybe ill stay at 16 str and 20 dex and use lighting/fire/chaos upgrades, and get my faith to 50. kill gwyndolin on first playthrough after he gives me the dm talisman and have a balder sword +14 to use slb.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 am

if i want to pvp with 40 dex 50 faith the way to go is glass cannon uff. this is risky
    mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=319096446

i can go with less poise and get stunlocked but would give me a chance to have 30 stamina and more vitality

Last edited by belkaizer on Thu May 03, 2012 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed the link i think)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 12:48 am

Link doesn't work, try clicking the save button.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Thu May 03, 2012 12:54 am

my bad i didnt know about that i think this one will work mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=319096446
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 am

I say try it, but with those fast weapons, I wouldn't be worried about poise. I'd switch Havels for some lighter armor for at least 31 poise and would increase Vit as End decreases. For spells I recommend 2 WoGs so you can spam the hell out of them, the DMB, maybe SLB, Replenisment and Vow of Silence or Great Lightning Spear because they are awesome. Maybe TWoP too but don't use the cheap tactic of TWoP + WoG spam, it's annoying.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 am

Also I calculated, the difference between 30 and 50 faith for the DMB is 120 AR.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 am

thanks man. 120 is a lot imo. i think ill try 28vit 30 end. if a pass 120 ill get 40 vit 40 end. but i guess i could try the glass cannon. anyways i dont pvp that much anyways. but is good to try something different from time to time.

this game is awesome im eager for dlc, a sequel and or both big grin
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 03, 2012 2:22 am

Indeed, I bought the game day 1 I can't seem to get bored from it. Right now I have like 4 builds in mind, and if DLC is coming, I think my other games will die from all the dust they will accumulate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 pm