Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
FruitPunchNinja
Carphil
Reaperfan
BLA1NE
GrEeNgObLiN
cloudyeki
Yukon
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
Rynn
14 posters

Rolling Attacks

GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rolling Attacks - Page 2 Empty Re: Rolling Attacks

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Artorias wrote:Scythe is pretty easy to parry because of its long charge up time. I mostly use light swords/Great swords/katanas. And i've ran into more than enough people that buff their great club and just spam the roll r1 lol and it hits HARD

Actually not true. Ive been a scythe user for long time and played over 400 hours playing mostly pvp and ive been parryd only one time so far with my scythe.
    I must say i mostly unlock when i attack
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 am

I got parried for the first time today, so I found out the best way to throw people off when I'm spamming my rolling attack. Keep rolling up then pressing parry myself, and after they get used to the idea of me trying to parry, I take another swing. It worked rather well.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

He might be referring to the standard scythe, whose move set is shared with my g.halberd. Great rolling attack if you can pick your hits right. Only downside is the range, since it doesn't take a half step I often whiff because I misjudged distance.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed May 02, 2012 12:24 am

Rynn wrote:I got parried for the first time today, so I found out the best way to throw people off when I'm spamming my rolling attack. Keep rolling up then pressing parry myself, and after they get used to the idea of me trying to parry, I take another swing. It worked rather well.
    That's what I have my whip for! For people who like to roll and parry. Let's see how often you try to roll parry after I whip you a few times! silly

To be honest, though, I think I've ever only ran into 1 other person using a whip online in the hundreds of hours I've PvPed... So you're safe for a while!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 am

I use whips! I've always wondered if they are non-parryable.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 am

Smough's Hammer rolling attack has an incredible radius.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 am

I know! My 5 favorite rolling attacks is The Great/Large club's 1 handed Roll, the Demons Great Axe's two handed Roll. and oddly enough, the whips roll.
    Entergluttony
    Entergluttony
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Entergluttony Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am

when you press neutral rolling with the zweihänder and then atack it makes that charge atack wich stunnlocks you like a mofo its very unpredictable and scary when a person flips back and all of the suddon chrges at you
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Can you parry two handed r2's?

What decides whats parryable?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed May 02, 2012 12:45 pm

In PvP, you can parry pretty much everything except: lunging attacks (forward-R2), dead-angles, whips, some special R2 attacks.

Exceptions: if a weapon has a regular attack that does a lunge (so not forward-R2, but still lunges) you can parry it; an attack that can dead-angle you, but that is used head-on, you can parry; and some special R2 attacks you can parry (like the Dragon King Greataxe's AoE R2--you can parry that).

That's as far as I know from experience, anyway. Technically, you can still try and parry lunging and dead-angle attacks, but at best you'll get partial-parries, not a riposte opportunity.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 pm

And partial parrys deflect some damage, akin to hitting a wall?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Entergluttony wrote:when you press neutral rolling with the zweihänder and then atack it makes that charge atack wich stunnlocks you like a mofo its very unpredictable and scary when a person flips back and all of the suddon chrges at you

Actually, it's just really freaking predictable, and most importantly, beds a backstab once dodged. The Demons Great Axe does it too.

The decider on what is parryable is pretty simple: jumping attacks and bashes are non-parryable, and I believe the whip is non-parryable too. A dead angle is parryable, but only if you're very careful and facing the proper direction.

Partial parries deflect 65% of the weapon or shields deflection potential.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Oh, and you can't parry a kick, but you can parry curved swords' and piercing swords' forward-R1 (the cartwheel and step-back attacks that replace the kick).

Also, I'm pretty sure you can parry shield bashes--in PvP, anyway. I'm just not 100% sure because I don't know if I've ever parried a shield bash when my opponent's shield was in the left hand. Maybe their shield was in the right hand when they were doing it... Anyway, shield attacks are also parryable, I just don't know if they are in both hands.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Oh, and you can't parry a kick, but you can parry curved swords' and piercing swords' forward-R1 (the cartwheel and step-back attacks that replace the kick).

Also, I'm pretty sure you can parry shield bashes--in PvP, anyway. I'm just not 100% sure because I don't know if I've ever parried a shield bash when my opponent's shield was in the left hand. Maybe their shield was in the right hand when they were doing it... Anyway, shield attacks are also parryable, I just don't know if they are in both hands.

The only attack you 'can't parry from a shield is the Bonewheels R2, which for some unknown reason the first 2 blows are non-parryable, but the third blow is. Shield bashes when in the left hand can't be parried, except for the Spike, Eagle, and Pierce shield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:35 pm