Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Tolvo
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
Glutebrah
Spurgun
Rynn
KomradDakka
Sunbro4evar
Carphil
13 posters

My first darkwraith experience

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

My first darkwraith experience Empty My first darkwraith experience

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

So, I made my first darkwraith yesterday and I'm currently invading at Anor Londo sl 40. I noticed some strange things.

1- Every host has 2 sunbros with them. EVERY host. I thought you had to help people kill 10 bosses in order to become a sunbro or something?

2-Every chest is closed, every mimic is alive, every item is on their places, even if all enemies are dead. Like if the host does not needed them?

3- I now know what you guys call "ganking". As a dragon, or dueling, I almost never had 3 vs 1 fights.

4-Darkwraiths for me are now much more honorable than Sunbros. I never thought I would say something like that.

Is this something to do about Anor Londo? Do I have to invade at other places to have cool fights?
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

My first darkwraith experience Empty Re: My first darkwraith experience

Post by Sunbro4evar Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Different areas tend to have more Ganking action than other places. Like the forest and Anor Londo is full of gankers. While every place does tend to have their fare share of Gankers The forest and Anor Londo have the biggest amount in my opinion. Painted World and Undead Burg I find doesnt tend to have a lot of Gankers so I like to invade their a lot, but it may be different for other people. My advice is to just try the most common places and find whatever you like.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm

it all depends on who the phantoms are, if im in someones world and its a 3 v 1 ill sit back adn wait for the other white/gold phantom to attack. then wait for my turn. Its all dependant on whos playing i guess..
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 pm

As a rule of thumb, phantoms are not trustworthy. I backstab them immediately, twice if neccesary. Until the phantom dies, I backstab fish, and I'm -good- at what I do.

Once the phantoms are dead, I confuse the snot out of the host by flipping away, and bowing... ready to begin an honorable fight.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm

I found anor londo being very dificult to fight 3 at once because there is not too much space to fight, and my character being 40 with poor stats and equipment. I may try to invade at other places and then come back to Anor for revenge.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 pm

@Rynn. funny, i do the same thing. if the host doesn’t charge me immediately
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:37 pm

just run to the Black smith in anor londo if its 2/3v1 and they try to gank. then the host is forced to stand back unless he wants to aggro the BS.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

I sunbro in Anor Londo a lot. If it's regular/lit Anor Londo, the host will almost always be PvE and just trying to at least get the doors open. That's why they summon a lot of people, you lose plenty of phantoms from the rafters/archers, or some of the tough enemies. If they've played through before, they'll also skip most of the chests because you can come back and get those at your leisure after killing S&O. Same with other detours like talking to Siegmeyer.

Now dark Anor Londo is usually a gankfest. I black crystal out of there most of the time.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 pm

It's easy to get into the sunbro covenant since 1.5, 20 faith or help with 4 bosses at base faith. It's also the best co-op location in the game, hence a lot of sunbro's?................
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Honestly the sunbro's were too easy to get into before... I don't understand why it's now easier.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:41 pm

As some have said that's a huge gank zone, you should try invading the Catacombs, Demon Ruins, or New Londo. The Dukes is another Gank Hotspot, though New Londo and Catacombs have their fair share as well.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:56 pm

people try to gank in the catacombs? doesn't sound like a good idea, from the shear amount of environmental hazards aimed at hosts and phantoms that an invader could use to get away or kill his targets... anyone willing to set up duel in totg? as i doubt anyone is a determined enough troll to gank there with the visibilty and fall issues
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I've only ever found one group of gankers in the ToTG, and one force killed all of them haha. Though I don't like to invade there really, I just feel too evil.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Invaded a bit at catacombs, yea I did found gankers but I also find some people just trying to beat the boss. Way better than anor londo. I'll try demons ruins, seems to be a good place
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Guess it depends on your definition. I consider myself ganked when I appear surrounded by 3 people who immediately start spamming, as is typical in the forest or kiln. I almost never see that in lit Anor Londo. As a summon the "worst" thing I'll do is, if the host is still running around looking for someone else near the main stairs, I will go over and guard the rotating stairway so that if an invader does appear they can't run 10 feet and move it so we all have to go through the rafters again while inevitably getting peppered by their DSB arrows.

I also run into a ton of DWs in Anor Londo that will drag you through all the mobs, and when you finally corner them they BC out rather than risk having to get their own bloodstain in an annoying spot. It's like the invader version of ganking.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm

The thing is, there is a difference between having two phantoms and ganking. Unless you are in heavily populated PvP areas, like the Forest, the Kiln, and dark Anor Londo, most people (but not all) will be making a run for the boss. Of course, I could be wrong about this, but maybe New Londo and Dukes are such a gankfest is because they are hard areas, so therefore people have phantoms with them?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 pm

No, these are people waiting around just killing invaders and never going for the boss. Those are the people I call gankers. If I see three people genuinely going for the boss I back off, I don't like to kill questers. I only go after three if I see them sitting waiting for an invader, if they do that they're free game to me.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 pm

i know when ever i summon phantoms to complete a level fast and get help, and i get invaded 99% of the time the phantoms im with drop everything and rush to where the invader spawns. so even if they are trying to beat the level they will run back to "gank" the invader
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Tolvo wrote:No, these are people waiting around just killing invaders and never going for the boss. Those are the people I call gankers. If I see three people genuinely going for the boss I back off, I don't like to kill questers. I only go after three if I see them sitting waiting for an invader, if they do that they're free game to me.

Correct. At Anor Londo, there were aways the host and two sunbros around me right when I showed up. The fog is there, but they don't pass it. Just stay there and when I spawn, they attack.

Its dificult for me too win because this toon is sl 40 with a +14 darksword and a +10 hollow soldier shield.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't usually invade, and instead am on the invaded side, so whenever I have phantoms with me and someone invades, I always hope they don't think I'm a farmer. As Glute said though, my phantoms don't usually do me justice.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Invaders will usually notice if you stay back as your phantoms fight. Usually gankers all attack at once, the host included. Questers usually hang back as they actually want to get to the boss and live. So that would indicate to most that you are actually going for the boss while your phantoms are trying to kill. Some like myself might even just kill your phantoms then leave.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

That actually happened once! In the PW, a guy Hornet's backstabed my phantom, then waved to me and jumped off a cliff. It happened so fast, I was like :shock:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 pm

He probably wanted to help you out and give souls. I do that sometimes if I see a person is in need, just as I might give them my humanity as a dark wraith via letting them kill me. I tend to open shortcuts as well. You don't know how easy it is to open the door to Priscilla when the Bonewheels don't attack you haha.

Too many forget us invaders are just people like everyone else.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

I think what many of these players forget is that darkwraiths and hosts need each other for this part of the game to work. If hosts gang up and slaughter darkwraiths as they enter, then the decent darkwraiths will quit invading and only the unpleasant kind will invade. The same is true of the darkwraiths. If they invade hosts and kill them cheaply, without a chance to have battle, then the good hosts will play hollow and leave only the "gankers" to invade. It's too bad FROM didn't provide a block option like you have in your e-mail that would allow you to block out the undesirable players from invading you or you invading them. I think that would go a long way to correcting this problem.

Until that day, I plan on continuing my quest to play human throughout as much of the game as I can, suffering the many humilitating and frustrating deaths at the hands of the unpleasant darkwraiths so that when a decent darkwaith invades my world we'll both have fun with it. (I'm up to three so far....👽 )
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:I think what many of these players forget is that darkwraiths and hosts need each other for this part of the game to work. If hosts gang up and slaughter darkwraiths as they enter, then the decent darkwraiths will quit invading and only the unpleasant kind will invade. The same is true of the darkwraiths. If they invade hosts and kill them cheaply, without a chance to have battle, then the good hosts will play hollow and leave only the "gankers" to invade. It's too bad FROM didn't provide a block option like you have in your e-mail that would allow you to block out the undesirable players from invading you or you invading them. I think that would go a long way to correcting this problem.

Until that day, I plan on continuing my quest to play human throughout as much of the game as I can, suffering the many humilitating and frustrating deaths at the hands of the unpleasant darkwraiths so that when a decent darkwaith invades my world we'll both have fun with it. (I'm up to three so far....👽 )

Well said, you're right. As long there are gankers, there are cheap darkwraiths. All we can do its try to have duels and don't give up. And of course, fight in FC silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 pm