Forest PvP is !!FUN!!

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: Forest PvP is !!FUN!!

Post by cloudyeki on Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 am

Quarik wrote:I feel obligated to plug the Murakumo.

As to the souls. You get 10% of what they need to level up. I believe it may be 50% for other invaders, but I dunno 'bout that.

I cannot stress how important high damage weapons are. If you can't kill anything very quickly you will lose (unless you are very familiar with your weapon moveset and can dodge well, like Cloudyeki).

Thank you Qu

Here's my five golden rules to the hunt:

5) Be prepped. Repair you gear, get all your supplies, heal to full health. 
    4) Mobility. Not just dodging, but stepping/strafing around attacks is important to learn. 
    3) Your gear defines you. This goes both to your target and you.
    2) Learn the move sets. Find your favorite and master it. Then play with the rest and remember them. 
    1) Read ahead. Pay attention, observe, and force your target out of there comfort zone. Control the fight, the field, and the pace. 

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 am

That^^

Souls are 10% of what the person needs if you're an invader and 50% if you're a host. So hosts get crazy souls compared to us hunters which increases their dirtbag level if they're ganking.

GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane on Tue May 01, 2012 11:11 am

I think grave lord users deserve the 50% cause we never have other phantoms with us.

"Plain Childish" said the small man, to which the much bigger man said "it wont seem so childish when it happens to you"

The Silver Big hat SL 200 (anti-mage, mage) http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=299020992731779294

And his little mage hunting brother SL100 http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=391801110669564162

Move Like a Rapier Sting like a claymore http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=329792397855464820

If the cost of keeping a thread on topic is a down vote then I will make that sacrifice.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 am

Anyone hosting solo deserves 50% for sure.

Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat on Tue May 01, 2012 1:36 pm

forest covenant 4 life mate, 4 life.)

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Tue May 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Majikero07 wrote:Do forest hunters invade down or is it just up? I invaded a guy with a elite knight set + drake sword. I feel ashamed to be there just watching him die to a knight NPC on a one-on-one fight. I'll level to 45 to avoid them.

Any good dex weapons to use? I want to experiment on some equips. I got 16 str, 22 dex.

with those particular stats your primed for the silver knight sword. it goes to +5 with twinkling titanite and can be very effective. Keep in mind it can be buffed as well!
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Tue May 01, 2012 2:46 pm

I love the katanas when it comes to Dex weapons, especially the Iato. The move set is awesome and the damage is real good. Plus the bleed effect let's you chew through light and medium armor opponents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 pm