Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Argetlam350
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
User
WyrmHero
White Mamba
skarekrow13
Kaminari
Rynoa
13 posters

Prism Stones - 8 colors

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Prism Stones - 8 colors Empty Prism Stones - 8 colors

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 am

So, after the discussion about Prism Stones we were having Here I finally went to buy a lot and did my own experiment.
    I just used 36 and these are my results:

- purple: 5
    - red/orange: 6
    - yellow: 5
    - green: 6
    - white: 3
    - light cyan: 4
    - blue: 2
    - pink: 4

Total: 36
    I didn't continue because I already got all 8 colors cheers

Little consideration: I think many people have difficulties in finding all 8 colors because some of them are actually quite similar:
    - white and light pink might look the same color under some lights
    - yellow and green are VERY similar, if I didn't manage to get 2 yellow and 1 green very close to one another I probably would have thought they were the same color
    - light cyan: I called it cyan but it probably seems like a light green or light blue on different screens.

I did the experiment in the tunnel of the female undead merchant, which is dark enough and close to the merchant happy
    I got only 2 blue but I can't tell if that's the rare color, because I only used 35 stones - not quite enough for that. I was just interested in finding out if there were 7 or 8 colors Prism Stones - 8 colors 3358384175
    Anyway, sorry for the bad quality image, I actually had to take a pic with my phone, so... the stones colors are off, but the particles are pretty accurate so I worked with those. Difference between yellow and green is more obvious in the highlighted area big grin

Prism Stones - 8 colors Prismstones
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Prism Stones - 8 colors Empty Re: Prism Stones - 8 colors

Post by Kaminari Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 am

maybe a bit off topic but I find it amusing that if you play co op and drop a bunch of prism stones in a line, they want be in the same color on your screen as on your buddys screen. So, if the order would be "Yellow-blue-yellow-red-blue-blue-red" for you, the colours will be something else for your buddy, just a quick little side note ^^'
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am

really? didn't know that!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

Interesting.....

On my screen the yellow and green are more obviously differentiated as are the pink and white. There's no mistaking them with my tests. Your cyan could be one of the green variants I thought might exist. Your regular green is like pea soup green and mine is more emerald. It's weird that your white and pink look VERY close as do your yellows and greens. I'll try to get good pictures tonight to compare but it looks like between us we definitely have most of them labeled correctly. Purple, blue, red, white, pink, yellow and green seem to be pretty well confirmed. Your cyan might be my light green which would mean that we both saw eight but something about our screens made them look different. Is From clever enough to make a few colors so close together that it's easy to mistake eight colors for seven? Or did they intentionally make it so screen differences would make it a pain in the rear to confirm?

Anyway.....Thanks big time Rynoa! I think we might be close to closure on this.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am

But which one is the rare 8th?
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

I'd say they intentionally put some very close colors, because it's not too difficult to pick 8 colors clearly different one from another silly
    Plus the item description which invites you openly to find the eighth...

I have a feeling I also saw a more emerald green other times but I think it might be the location. As I said, I took the test in the tunnel, which is very dark but has some yellowish torches on the walls that could easily turn an emerald green into a pea-soup one big grin

btw, I'm using a LED screen (samsung) with standard color and brightness options
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 am

White Mamba wrote:But which one is the rare 8th?

Don't know, I've got blue less times but 36 stones isn't nearly enough for a good statistic about that. I can try and use around 200 this evening and see.
    @Skare: purple was my very first color today, I remember you said you had it last lol!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks again. With my 1,000 stone drop I didn't see anything statistically that would indicate very rare or even rare. I didn't count but there wasn't any single color that I was like "oh.....haven't seen you in a while." Did I ever mention in the last thread Rynoa that I found a super rare ninth color? (ninth because it seems that there is a color in the green/blue area we are confirming is number eight)

Apparently, after you throw close to 1,000 in one area your character will make the throwing motion, the prism count goes down by one but there is no visible prism stone on the ground. Color nine is invisible stones.......Or it could be that the PS3 wasn't designed to handle over 1,000 animations independently at a time.

Speaking of colors, try angling your camera down a very far drop and throw a stone. I can't confirm color precisely but when the stone "screams" I believe it's a pale yellow.

Edit: The "other" wiki has colors listed more similarly to your tests than mine Rynoa, with no statistically "rare" color.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Nice work Rynoa!!! This should be on the archives, +1.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:33 pm

I know. I would give her +2 on this if I could (I owe you one I suppose).

One for the work she put it and another for helping put my madness to rest.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 pm

One is put down. Another is yet to be made.

I feel sorry for you not finding it Skarekrow. Still, perhaps I will be checking out the prisms as well.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Well I was fairly convinced that the double green was it (double green on my screen anyway) but didn't want to believe it since it seems like a cheap way to make eight colors. I was (and still am) hoping that there was something crazy like a black one or at least an easy to see different color. Particularly since statistically speaking there's no rare one let alone "very rare" unless it's a hint to how hard it can be to categorize them correctly.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Well I just repeated the experiment near the Lordvessel and got the same 8 colors.
    This time the pink one was more clear, and the cyan was more emerald. The green was the last one and it was still very similar to the yellow.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Well done Rynoa, especially with differentiating the white and the like pink, that must have been the one that got me when I tried to find the magical 8th silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 pm

lol, kudos for spotting all those colors--I'm a bit color-blind, so there's no way I could/ can see all 8. I see about 4 colors in your pic! Probably why I stick to numbers. winking
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Awesome work, I actually never payed attention to the prism stones, just had no use for them besides the crystal caverns but now I do want to figure out which of those eight is the most rare.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:35 pm

100 sample size, open area (forest?) with even spacing to avoid confusion, or Tally them as soon as they drop.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Yarxov wrote:100 sample size, open area (forest?) with even spacing to avoid confusion, or Tally them as soon as they drop.

I say tallying as they drop would be easier. Easy to know what colors you've dropped and keep track how many you've dropped.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:39 am

^While you're at it, could you do that in the Crystal Caves, try to get a good map of the path to the Blue Slab? happy Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Get some phantoms to drop you 99 more prism stones when you run out, that way you can get a couple hundred on that damn crooked path. (I can volunteer to be summoned and drop you more stones.)
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 am

Blaine-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_VEaCEzZc
    Not great, but a good approximation.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 am

Not bad... but that's pretty much what it looks like any given time I go for the slab myself. I was thinking more like skare's video! The entire path covered edge-to-edge in stones for its entire length. Because the thing twists and turns, but I usually throw stones in a straight line until one falls straight down, then I head straight into another direction. So my path ends up being just jagged lines and sharp turns. But I'm sure the path's actually not that bad--it's pretty wide, I think. Only it seems so dangerous because, when you only go in straight lines, you don't give yourself enough room to maneuver once your stone drops down.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:05 am

I swear there's a dead end there somewhere.
    And yeah I figured as much, I'm tempted to try it too if it were not for going through Dukes..
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 am

There's a dead end for sure there. Did some color tests in ToG. Will post pictures and you'll see why I swore there were only seven. Crazy thing is most of my colors are waaay easier to differentiate than Rynoa's pics but the damn greens. Also got video of the color(s) it makes when it screams. If you're up for tallying I recommend anor londo by the first bonfire. Long walking area and level and you can do 198 easy with 99 on you and 99 in the box

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 am

^Not the Abyss? Just go in a spiral out from the bonfire--would end up looking like a galaxy! Would be pretty awesome, I think...
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 am

BLA1NE wrote:^Not the Abyss? Just go in a spiral out from the bonfire--would end up looking like a galaxy! Would be pretty awesome, I think...

Wow! Wonder if someone would have been able to see it that from the stairs as a host big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54 am