Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Serious_Much
RANT
Sebastrd
BLA1NE
ChizFreak
9 posters

What's wrong with Forest Hunters?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

What's wrong with Forest Hunters? Empty What's wrong with Forest Hunters?

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Yeah, I mean Forest Hunters, not hosts. I mean really, ALL the Forest Hunters that invaded me last night (like 14 different people) they ALL didn't bow, attacked me in sight, one spammed Crystal Soul Spears while I was trying to bow to him, and ALL the ones who had a chance to team up with other Forest Hunters or Dark Wraiths did it.

I mean, Forest used to be a place where Groups of Gankers hosted and invaders tried to kill them, teaming up with someone if necessary.

Sometimes there were even some so honorable they refuse to team up to beat Group of Gankers, they wanted to do it alone, to show the don't need help.

But I was alone. I wasn't even trying to summon, I just wanted to kill Sif.

I think Forest Hunters became the monsters they tried to destroy.

PS: Most of them attacked while I was killing the Forest NPCs too.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

What's wrong with Forest Hunters? Empty Re: What's wrong with Forest Hunters?

Post by BLA1NE Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm

That sucks... but:

1. Can you really blame them? What with all they have to put up with...

2. That covenant is the first PvP one you can join. Maybe they just don't know how to behave honorable in PvP yet (also, see 1, above). You'd think the one using CSS is far enough in the game to know better... but that's not necessarily true.

What are the other PvP covenant options? Main other ones are Darkwraith, which you can completely screw yourself out of in a playthrough if you don't know how to join; and Darkmoon, which again isn't the easiest to find if you don't know of it. So they're left with the forest--inexperienced and afraid!

I just generally avoid the area, as an invader and as a host.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:04 pm

I have yet to meet one of these mythical "honorable" invaders anywhere in the game.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 pm

BLA1NE wrote:That sucks... but:

1. Can you really blame them? What with all they have to put up with...

2. That covenant is the first PvP one you can join. Maybe they just don't know how to behave honorable in PvP yet (also, see 1, above). You'd think the one using CSS is far enough in the game to know better... but that's not necessarily true.

What are the other PvP covenant options? Main other ones are Darkwraith, which you can completely screw yourself out of in a playthrough if you don't know how to join; and Darkmoon, which again isn't the easiest to find if you don't know of it. So they're left with the forest--inexperienced and afraid!

I just generally avoid the area, as an invader and as a host.

You can easily know how much new a guy is to the game by inspecting his equipment. If you see Crown of Dusk and Moonlight GreatSword, I think they pretty much know something about the game.

Also, yes I blame them, because I've seen lots of thread of people complaining about how much unfair the Forest was/is for Forest Hunters because they sometimes get ganged up.

The community who uses any method to destroy the people they hate, becomes them. If you look closely there is a lot of people who fight these guys by using sometimes even worst methods. Like doing Laggy Chain BSs.

I know not everyone it's like this, but I think a big part of them does.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 pm

what blaine said, and how can they tell if youre not a farmer? maybe your wp just got killed? maybe youre killing npc's to farm? why not just rush the boss? that's what i alwys do. i avoid that place like the plague, its not fun for me.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:21 pm

RantFromRant wrote:what blaine said, and how can they tell if youre not a farmer? maybe your wp just got killed? maybe youre killing npc's to farm? why not just rush the boss? that's what i alwys do. i avoid that place like the plague, its not fun for me.

I love Game of Thrones. I would put North of the Wall as Location haha.

On-Topic: What's wrong with farming NPCs?

Also from your POV, you must always use cheap tactics because there is a chance the guy you invaded it's a ganker and you didn't see any evidence yet?

I don't want to rush the boss, I take my time and kill all the NPCs and mobs from the area. I'm okay with invasions, I'm not okay with guys teaming up after months of complaining about people that did that.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Yeah, but like I said, if you want honorable fights, you should stay away from the forest! So the Hunters have become the monsters they were hunting, I won't argue with you then, that just means there's no reason to be in there if you're looking for honorable PvP.

Wherever I invade or host, I never have a hard time finding people who are willing to bow. And I pretty much PvP everywhere except the forest!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Chiz just do what I do and when you're going to do sif, just go hollow. I never go into the forest human before Sif is dead any more for the reasons you stated.

To be fair I hear so much about the honourable Forest Hunters on this forum, but the only ones who seem to invade me are douchebags as cheap as the guys they profess to dissuade. Doesn't make a good case for the honourable guys trying to prove a point in the forum silly

P.s. I never do general PvP in forest, only when I stray in forgetting to kill myself beforehand
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Chiz just do what I do and when you're going to do sif, just go hollow. I never go into the forest human before Sif is dead any more for the reasons you stated.

To be fair I hear so much about the honourable Forest Hunters on this forum, but the only ones who seem to invade me are douchebags as cheap as the guys they profess to dissuade. Doesn't make a good case for the honourable guys trying to prove a point in the forum silly

Reminds me of Darkmoons :| .
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 pm

I have met a few but I found that there are less and less as the game grows older but as the immature lose interest their will be far more honorables.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Bowing is so retro anyways. Showing off your grub shows who is the bigger man. My companion agrees with that assessment. Either than, or flash sweat with rapport.

lol
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:31 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Chiz just do what I do and when you're going to do sif, just go hollow. I never go into the forest human before Sif is dead any more for the reasons you stated.

Reminds me of Darkmoons :| .

i understand your frustration. i joined the hunters in order to become better at pvp and all that i learned was not to pvp in the forest period. people will do whatever when they know they won't be held accountable (sorry if i got too deep there, winking ).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:what blaine said, and how can they tell if youre not a farmer? maybe your wp just got killed? maybe youre killing npc's to farm? why not just rush the boss? that's what i alwys do. i avoid that place like the plague, its not fun for me.

I love Game of Thrones. I would put North of the Wall as Location haha.

On-Topic: What's wrong with farming NPCs?

Also from your POV, you must always use cheap tactics because there is a chance the guy you invaded it's a ganker and you didn't see any evidence yet?

I don't want to rush the boss, I take my time and kill all the NPCs and mobs from the area. I'm okay with invasions, I'm not okay with guys teaming up after months of complaining about people that did that.

i really like winterfell's story and the iron islands. anyway, i meant killing npc's so that its easier to farm invaders, because thats what farmers do. like a said there is no way of knowing what the host's intentions are we hunters always expect the worse because thats what they get most of the time. there's been a lot fo time when i invaded as a hunter to find the host with two sunbros and a dw, you freaking kidding me? those people fail at the game and life.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 pm

A DW huh? He doesn't get shot for souls from blues. Seems odd, but it is true
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:43 pm

*Coughs*

It's not a very nice thing to stereotype people.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Says the men in tights. As a wrestler guy, it would be you wearing gloves and tight trousers lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Says the men in tights. As a wrestler guy, it would be you wearing gloves and tight trousers lol

I'm pretty sure wrestlers could wear tights too silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Some wear jeans and other white trashy things.

But yes, Bandanna, Pharis Hat, Tights, wrestling gloves. It's time to wrassle the gankers, which I do from time to time.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I wrestle people with an eye and fingers. I don't invade, I draw. Even if I have a phantom, I always have the same person; Whiskey hates piping. I always kill invaders usually alone, with a sword. No shield. I have a skull lantern, dark hand, and a talisman for Gravelord dance when I am being attacked by more than one.

The only time my partner helped me, was when me and whiskey were exploring dark Anor to look for black phantoms, in which two blues came after us.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Tolvo wrote:Some wear jeans and other white trashy things.

But yes, Bandanna, Pharis Hat, Tights, wrestling gloves. It's time to wrassle the gankers, which I do from time to time.

Like I said, I know not everyone is like that. You for example happy and all the Men in Tights. We still have a pending duel.....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm

I Gravelord, I invade, I host. I PvP in every possible manner haha, I even PvP as a summon sometimes when I'm getting people to bosses.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:57 pm

What area of the world are you in Chiz? Because every time I summoned you it failed, I've only had that happen with Yesuurd before and he lives in South America, while I live in North.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Meh, I do not like being a phantom. The only colours that fit me, are dragon and red. Sadly I distaste Kaathe and what Darkwraiths represent. As well, I prefer gravelording than dragons, and I only had success with one dragon who got 8 summons.

I dislike sunbros as well, so I use just the Soapstones and eye of death. The forest bores me, and I distaste Darkmoon for their leader and what they represent as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am