Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Share
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Rynn on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm

    No matter what you try to do, you will never kill this build if the person using it has any idea of how to dodge.
    http://tinyurl.com/7cl4cr7
    If you need anything explained, I'll start explaining any second, but overall, this build is unkillable, and as such I feel safe in the statement that Faith is overpowered.
    EDIT: It's safe to say I'm ranting.


    Last edited by Rynn on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 pm

    you mean faith builds in general? or that exact build?


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Rynn on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 pm

    Faith in general is overpowered.
    This build in specific is invincible.
    avatar
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 578
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Location : Unknown

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Unforseen on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm

    lol...
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Rynn on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 pm

    Unforseen wrote:lol...
    Laughing at me, or the build? I would love to explain either.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 pm

    well i think wny builds with 50 faith would be hard to beat specially with a tactic like twop and wog. maybe if youre naked with a spear or rapier you can kick their *** since you can still roll. i think faith was way more op in demon's souls though but i still loved my faith builds though, specially my blessed Meat Cleaver.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:37 pm

    and if you know how to run away from the twop which everyone does then that build wouldnt really work cause casting twop again would get you killed.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Shkar on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 pm

    Rynn wrote:No matter what you try to do, you will never kill this build if the person using it has any idea of how to dodge.
    http://tinyurl.com/7cl4cr7
    If you need anything explained, I'll start explaining any second, but overall, this build is unkillable, and as such I feel safe in the statement that Faith is overpowered.

    I'm assuming the tactic is to keep them close with TWoP and then BS/WoG?

    Also, why the talisman in the left hand, not the right? It might just me preferring to have a shield out at all times.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:40 pm

    Shkar wrote:
    Rynn wrote:No matter what you try to do, you will never kill this build if the person using it has any idea of how to dodge.
    http://tinyurl.com/7cl4cr7
    If you need anything explained, I'll start explaining any second, but overall, this build is unkillable, and as such I feel safe in the statement that Faith is overpowered.

    I'm assuming the tactic is to keep them close with TWoP and then BS/WoG?

    Also, why the talisman in the left hand, not the right? It might just me preferring to have a shield out at all times.

    i always have my talisman on the left hand, attacking is more important than blocking cause you can always dodge attacks and you can use slb.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Durant

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Railage on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 pm

    After hours and hours I've figured out a way to defeat this build....


    Backstab the person trying to cast TWOP.... =P


    _________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D_q5VEaJQ    Chevelle - Sleepwalking Elite
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Rynn on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:well i think wny builds with 50 faith would be hard to beat specially with a tactic like twop and wog. maybe if youre naked with a spear or rapier you can kick their *** since you can still roll. i think faith was way more op in demon's souls though but i still loved my faith builds though, specially my blessed Meat Cleaver.
    >You can still roll
    Pardon me? Under what conditions are you ever allows to roll when Tranquil Walk of Peace is being used?

    Also, you're incorrect, you can't "Run" from Tranquil Walk of Peace forever, unless you're PvPing in the forest, you'll run out of room, or (as the nija flip is faster then running) they will still catch up to you. Once they catch up, they can spam WoG until you die, and, if that fails, they still have the Dragonslayer spear, which has the longest range of any weapon in the entire game.

    I find it interesting that Faith has the strongest weapon buff (both SLB and DMB are stronger then CMW under nearly all conditions), The weapon with the longest range, and the ability to remove magic for all parties, remove mobility of opponents, and, surprisingly, a spell that does more damage then 90% of all other spells in the entire game. It's overpowered, it's cheap, I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry if faith just vanished from the game.


    After hours and hours I've figured out a way to defeat this build....


    Backstab the person trying to cast TWOP.... =P

    I'd love to see what idiot is casting it close enough to you that you can do such. And if your backstab doesn't kill them, the spell has a short enough cast time that it usually has activated the spell already, even if you've harmed them.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by WyrmHero on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:46 pm

    My talisman / catalyst is always in the left hand too. Also that turtle can be killed pretty easily with a good stunlock, or great combustion spam, if you survive the WoG storm.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Durant

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Railage on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:47 pm

    I'd like to see the idiot who lets the caster get out of range.


    _________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D_q5VEaJQ    Chevelle - Sleepwalking Elite
    avatar
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 837
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-03-16
    Age : 21
    Location : The Great Perhaps

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Imarreteet23 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:52 pm

    If you can parry, than this build becomes slightly (note: only slightly) less deadly. Turtleing is taken care of, and TWoP can be held off for long enough for it to wear off. But for WoG spam... You're still screwed.


    _________________
    There will usually be a time where I realise that my day simply cannot get any better, that the rest of the day will only get worse. This usually happens while playing Dark Souls


    Stay nerdy, my friends.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 pm

    really? every time i run they never catch up with me because twop takes forever to cast because of the animation. also chaos storm is the anti wog spammer, theres a lot of pyromanices that have mroe range than wog.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Rynn on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 pm

    Railage wrote:I'd like to see the idiot who lets the caster get out of range.
    >Implying you were in range when they started.
    A majority of casters will start this skill when you are about 1 dragonslayer spears length away, just enough time to finish the skill, and just enough time for you to not get away. If you do get away, it doesn't matter, the skill has 5 casts, they can try again, and they can keep you away from them with the Dragonslayer spear. (which has the longest range of any weapon in the game, as well as the highest damage value of any spear.)


    If you can parry, than this build becomes slightly (note: only slightly) less deadly. Turtleing is taken care of, and TWoP can be held off for long enough for it to wear off. But for WoG spam... You're still screwed.
    Unless you are standing right next to the player, you can't parry the dragonslayer spear. Only the bottom third of it is capable of being parried, test it on an enemy with auto parry, and you'll see what I'm talking about there.

    Chaos Firestorm or any of the firestorms might avoid Wrath of Gods for a bit, but let's admit it has a far longer cast time, you'll rarely get a moment to shoot it off when you're opponent is attempting to run up to you to WoG.
    avatar
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 64
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 32
    Location : NC

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by DamageCK on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 pm

    Putting Firstborn ring on here for added wrath damage makes it even more annoying. Against these builds I use a shotel and/or spam roll BS while they're jabbing and casting. It's a beastly build though.


    _________________
    Like a boss.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:06 am

    i have used chaos storm against it and ive only failed a couple of times, wog doesnt have as much range as chaos storm. i sense a lil hate towards faith builds here.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Shkar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 am

    RantFromRant wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    Rynn wrote:No matter what you try to do, you will never kill this build if the person using it has any idea of how to dodge.
    http://tinyurl.com/7cl4cr7
    If you need anything explained, I'll start explaining any second, but overall, this build is unkillable, and as such I feel safe in the statement that Faith is overpowered.

    I'm assuming the tactic is to keep them close with TWoP and then BS/WoG?

    Also, why the talisman in the left hand, not the right? It might just me preferring to have a shield out at all times.

    i always have my talisman on the left hand, attacking is more important than blocking cause you can always dodge attacks and you can use slb.

    Part of it is just me not using the flip ring typically, but the build linked also doesn't use a buffable weapon.

    Plus, having the talisman and Eagle Shield removes all possibility of parrying without inventory management.
    avatar
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1768
    Reputation : 64
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 32
    Location : NC

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by DamageCK on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 am

    Most of my builds use faith for stuff like buffs, great magic barrier, and wrath for multiple baddies. I love faith builds.


    _________________
    Like a boss.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by RANT on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:21 am

    Shkar wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    Rynn wrote:No matter what you try to do, you will never kill this build if the person using it has any idea of how to dodge.
    http://tinyurl.com/7cl4cr7
    If you need anything explained, I'll start explaining any second, but overall, this build is unkillable, and as such I feel safe in the statement that Faith is overpowered.

    I'm assuming the tactic is to keep them close with TWoP and then BS/WoG?

    Also, why the talisman in the left hand, not the right? It might just me preferring to have a shield out at all times.

    i always have my talisman on the left hand, attacking is more important than blocking cause you can always dodge attacks and you can use slb.

    Part of it is just me not using the flip ring typically, but the build linked also doesn't use a buffable weapon.

    Plus, having the talisman and Eagle Shield removes all possibility of parrying without inventory management.

    i recently stopped relying on the dwgr so im fast rolling and its working out great for me so far. i would never use greatshields for pvp, i never block which gets me killed sometimes but i prefer dodging, i either have the heater shield or the dark hand whci are good for parrying. it kinda sucks since i use the dgm,gc,msgs,grant and dgh which leaves me no room for armor so i tend to use the rofp and wolf ring a lot.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Rynn on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 am

    RantFromRant wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    Rynn wrote:No matter what you try to do, you will never kill this build if the person using it has any idea of how to dodge.
    http://tinyurl.com/7cl4cr7
    If you need anything explained, I'll start explaining any second, but overall, this build is unkillable, and as such I feel safe in the statement that Faith is overpowered.

    I'm assuming the tactic is to keep them close with TWoP and then BS/WoG?

    Also, why the talisman in the left hand, not the right? It might just me preferring to have a shield out at all times.

    i always have my talisman on the left hand, attacking is more important than blocking cause you can always dodge attacks and you can use slb.

    Part of it is just me not using the flip ring typically, but the build linked also doesn't use a buffable weapon.

    Plus, having the talisman and Eagle Shield removes all possibility of parrying without inventory management.

    i recently stopped relying on the dwgr so im fast rolling and its working out great for me so far. i would never use greatshields for pvp, i never block which gets me killed sometimes but i prefer dodging, i either have the heater shield or the dark hand whci are good for parrying. it kinda sucks since i use the dgm,gc,msgs,grant and dgh which leaves me no room for armor so i tend to use the rofp and wolf ring a lot.
    I've been fast rolling too! It feels nice to not use the DWGR... and I've learned a lot about dodging in the time since I took the ring off.
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:38 am

    not another one of these... the super faith builds are really common in the 120's and up infact at 80 most people have wog and twop.... if wogs cast time was set back to what it was in demons i would be fine with faith in general as twop doesn't last long anymore, but as is its a strong spell with neat instantaneous activation, as for the DSS and ES well... turtles are annoying but you aren't the most fire proof with the ES, what if you 2 handed the dss with grass crest on back?


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by BLA1NE on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 am

    I could see that build killing me potentially once, by catching me off guard, but not twice. Would go something like this:

    - 1st invasion: He times his miracle cast perfectly... "TWoP, WTH?, who uses TWoP anymore? Oh and he's WoG spamming on top of it, what a..." If I survive, I'd whittle him down, he'd run away, start casting a miracle again. I back off a bit because I survived the first TWoP + WoG onslaught with a sliver of health, and I don't heal, so I can't be caught by a second TWoP; but it turns out the miracle he used this time was Great Heal--"SON OF A *****". I might crystal out, but probably just get killed, at this point.

    - 2nd time I invade him: GOOD LUCK TWoPing me! And without TWoP, this build is weak. No poise, low defense, DSS can be dealt with, especially if he's poking from behind a shield thinking he's safe--not thinking he'll get parried.

    I don't think this build is as strong as you think it is... It all relies on TWoP, and that miracle itself relies on surprise. Once surprise is gone, TWoP is gone, and this build is weak. I'm sure you can make a much stronger build using TWoP.

    Edit: take a look at this one: http://tinyurl.com/83yzxyr


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by lextune on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 am

    Pfftt....any build rocking under 53 poise can more often than not just be stunlocked into oblivion.

    Really though, don't we all know by now that it is the player, not the weapon, or build.

    This build could be beaten by a naked guy with a +3 shortsword if the player was good enough.

    As for some of the WotG talk; you act like it can't be dodged....roll through it. If you don't get knocked down by it once, it is impossible to be spammed to death by it.


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds

    Sponsored content

    Re: Most Powerful SL120 build in all of existance.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:50 am