Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Langoulk
Yarxov
callipygias
vageta31
Buggy Virus
9 posters

What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten.

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten. Empty What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten.

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Curious if it ever caps out.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten. Empty Re: What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten.

Post by vageta31 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 pm

It caps in difficulty at +7 though you can still continue going.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten. Empty Re: What's the highest NG anyone has ever beaten.

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:03 pm

The game may not get technically harder after NG+7, but it sure does like to put me in my place when I start playing it that way. "Bah, I've killed these ghosts a thousand times, I'm just gonna run by them." That kind of thinking humbles me in a hurry.

I've really been cruising on my main guy, trying to get his intelligence up. After 500+ hours on that character I suddenly decided I wanted to add sorcery, which meant I had to get his int up to 50 (took me about 45,000,000 souls). I just FINALLY did it: INT=50! As a result he's somewhere near NG+60. Levels cost about 1.7 million souls now, and my next project is to get his ATTUN from 34 to 50.

I have more fun playing this character than any other because I can switch to pretty much any armor/weapon I want and rarely worry about equip load. Plus I can play through levels human without too much concern.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm jealous. silly
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm with callipgyias. Except I don't consider it fun anymore. I think I may be on NG 11 or 12+.

I find petting kitties helps.

Can I get banned for saying that? I feel a lot of hardcore players need it to push through leveling.

Oh well.

Last edited by Langoulk on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm

...Yeah you probably shouldn't say that...
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:09 pm

It's legal for me.

But fixed for decency.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:26 pm

lol I like your fix!
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks happy

But I really am interested to see how far other people have progressed.

Mostly so I don't feel like TOO much a loser for playing a single game this much. I feel Dark Souls brings out the sadomasochist in everyone who plays it past NG+2 or so. But the painful realization that the "weakest" enemies can completely destroy me if I do not proceed with caution and planning really makes enthralls me.

I also can't believe how many hours I have put into this game. I thought putting 150+ hours into FFX was insane back when I was 16, but this game brings a whole new meaning to "replay value".
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:00 pm

What nevers ceases to surprise me are the 1,000 hour PVPers who never approach infinity. Some even say they don't bother going beyond NG+. I guess if you're in it solely for PVP it doesn't really matter, but it's always strange to co-op someone desperately in need through a simple NG or NG+ boss, when that person could probably wipe me out in PVP.
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:03 pm

I mean, I play PVP and PVE equally. I have a PVE build, and I have a lot of PVP builds. I only have one character that is in NG+ 12. All my other I only bother to take to NG+ or ++ really.

To each their own.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't bother with NG+, only if I need to host FC so Quelaag needs to be alive. NG+ is the trolliest mode in any game. You just can't wear any type of light armor nor stay at SL 120. A hollow (the ones without armor and the hilt) takes 1/3 of my total HP in one swing with 40 vit. It is ridiculous, can't even imagine NG +++++++++ Hollows.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:36 pm

WyrmHero wrote:, can't even imagine NG +++++++++ Hollows.
    You should experience the NG+infinity soldiers in the Duke's Archives. I posted a while back that one of the archers head shot me for over 1,300 hp when I was going for the Avelyn. One arrow.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Im on NG+25 something like that
    I have all max stats except for att-50 and res-base
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

You mean max as in 99??? How is that possible at anything short of NG+1,000?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

callipygias wrote:
    You should experience the NG+infinity soldiers in the Duke's Archives. I posted a while back that one of the archers head shot me for over 1,300 hp when I was going for the Avelyn. One arrow.
    ....none of my characters even have that much health.... :pale:
    True, my highest char is at NG++, but he's my Strength build so I don't play him much.
    I'm one of those people who don't go past NG or NG+ because of PvP and cooping.

And I see Callypi's point, I usually have atleast 1 phantom with me, peace of mind. Could I solo the boss? Probably. Do I usually try them solo? Nope.
    Could I kill my phantom in PvP 1v1? Possibly maybe sorta yes and no.

Last edited by Yarxov on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Forest pvp gives you millions of souls per kill, i get around 10-20 million per kill
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 pm

[quote="Yarxov"]
    callipygias wrote:

Could I kill my phantom in PvP 1v1? Maybe.
    Fixed it for you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:24 pm

I've only ever gotten to NG+2, I never bothered going for more, just to do other builds to try keep it fresh for me.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 pm

[quote="callipygias"]
    Yarxov wrote:
    callipygias wrote:

Could I kill my phantom in PvP 1v1? Maybe.
    Fixed it for you.
    Pfft you just have to ruin it for me don't you silly
    I know theres a chance I couldn't win, and a (smaller) chance I could win, but still lol.

@Artorias my highest cash-in was when I got 890K as the Invader (sl 65 too xD), If I was host I wonder how much I'd get..
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Artorias wrote:Forest pvp gives you millions of souls per kill, i get around 10-20 million per kill
    What that hell are you killing in the forest that gives 10-20 million souls every time???
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Other high lvl players
    I also exaggerated a bit lol, its about 3-5 million depending on their level, im am about 570 people who are 700 give me 10 mil, and people same lvl range give me about 3 mil
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm currently on NG++++ on my highest level toon, the only thing stopping me from going higher (and i've said it before) is the four kings. Granted, i could probably learn to dodge *eventually*, but not when there's more than one. If it weren't for them, i would've got NG+10 or so ages ago.

I'm also horrendous at pvp, so even if i could be invaded by someone who gave a decent amount of souls, i die after about 10 seconds anyway.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

@Shakie666 ~There are some of us here who LOOOVE high-level Kings co-op. I have 5 characters designed specifically for it. Add me if you're XBL, or you can just start a thread in the help/trade section too.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 pm

I know i could make a thread for summoning (its the only reason i got through NG+++), but when i have to wait about 4 weeks to work something out, and we usually still die anyway, its just not worth the effort (i'm on PSN by the way).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:55 pm