Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
Forum Pirate
6 posters

Thrust sword back stab

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Thrust sword back stab Empty Thrust sword back stab

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Right, i just had some dude, with a lightning something or other bs for 1434 damage without power within and through 350 defense. Anyone feel like explaining that? Can't wear 2 hornets rings can you? or are the thrust swords that ridiculous? My dmb Great scythe doesn't riposte for that much.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Thrust sword back stab Empty Re: Thrust sword back stab

Post by RANT Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:54 pm

was it a rapier? that;s the only one i can think of, rapier+hornet's does rediculous damage.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Wow unbuffed and lightning you say for 1400 something...well he had to have had 1 hornets ring on lol can only use 1. I dont ever use lightning but I have 60 Int and a ENC estoc that will BS for for that close to that but not sure if it would even be that high. It was likely a reg rapier with lightning dmg it gets a 10 extra critical bonus all other rapiers get 100 its the only 1 thats 110.

Even tho rapiers have the same critical as most weapon they do seem to BS higher but that seems really high to me for an unbuffed rapier...I think my unbuffed enc estoc will do about maybe 1200 with hornets its around 650-700 without...unless your armour was really weak against thrust?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Where you staggered at all when it happened?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:04 pm

LOL now if he was thrusting at you with a lightning claymore then got a BS on ya with hornets that might make more sense as claymores stat out way higher. My ENC claymore will BS 700 and over 1400 with hornets for sure.

Rapiers seem to double damage twice give or take with hornets on for instance my Velka rapier stats out at 450 with 60 int and with hornets it will BS for 1300-1400 and parry/rpstle even higher dependant on armour type and resist. Velka is different tho becuase its dmg is way higher for me than any other unbuffed rapier.

Maybe your armour had bad lightning/thrust defense??
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Full &maxed brass, good defense just low poise.

I was not staggered, and it was definitely a thrusting sword. That was the only hit he landed that match because i parried him with a dmb great scythe about 20 seconds later and i'd already hit him before that. I have 1590 hp and I walked away with 166.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

So he did nothing else, just that? I'm not sure then, I haven't run into that happening without a counter mechanic glitch.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 pm

I was attempting to roll out of a controller bug that causes an r1 when running instead of the running r1 if that matters, but i had movement for a moment before he bsd me. Assuming that if he bsd me during a recovery the game could mistake the bs for a counter attack and add that multiplier as well?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Ah, yep. Rolling can cause any attack that hits you to be a counter if you take damage during it, so his BS counter as a Counter, plus his BS damage, and was multiplied. So you were lag, counter BS'ed basically.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 pm

okay the counter attack makes perfect sense now I have been tryn to figure out how he could have got that much damage but it wasnt adding up.

I find so often with my 2 handed rolling great club slam they always seem to think they can hit me while I do it...but all it does is add the counter dmg attack and turns my rolling club attack into a lethal blow up from 750 dmg up to 1150 dmg the counter attack is stupid strong like 400 dmg more...at 1st I couldnt figure out why my slam changed dmg but the roll attacks will count as counter also if they try to attack them.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Wow unbuffed and lightning you say for 1400 something...well he had to have had 1 hornets ring on lol can only use 1. I dont ever use lightning but I have 60 Int and a ENC estoc that will BS for for that close to that but not sure if it would even be that high. It was likely a reg rapier with lightning dmg it gets a 10 extra critical bonus all other rapiers get 100 its the only 1 thats 110.

Even tho rapiers have the same critical as most weapon they do seem to BS higher but that seems really high to me for an unbuffed rapier...I think my unbuffed enc estoc will do about maybe 1200 with hornets its around 650-700 without...unless your armour was really weak against thrust?

Even on rapiers with the standard 100 critical, they do significantly more additional damage with BS/ripostes. I don't know why the critical damage values don't reflect that. Weird.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 pm

true as far as i know. my unbuffed scythe deals 4-600 or so a bs (depending on armor i guess, not sure on the math there) if i remember right. my velkas matches that most times while having an ar 120 lower and while dealing with 2 defences.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Ya exactly I dont get why the rapier critical doesnt reflect the output of rapiers at all it makes no sense. My unbuffed ENC claymore stats out at 589 and velka at 450 and they both BS basically the same give or take some variables but pretty close. even my ENC bandits knife wont hit as hard of criticals as my velka does...for unbuffed weapons very few his as hard as velkas.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:10 pm

i think rapiers may have armor piercing, a regular rapier full lightninged with hornets can inflict around 1500 dmg depending on armor worn (none in the 1500 case i think) ... the brass set... hmmm.. maybe rapiers really do disregard medium/heavy armor defense during bs's?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:58 pm